Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank abbott and vanilla ice - wtf????

Tank abbott and vanilla ice - wtf????

Tank is in vanilla ice's corner on celebrity boxing. He's still getting his @ss kicked by todd bridges though. Anyone else watching?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

According to the commentators Vanilla Ice only trained one day for the fight.
    Monkey vs. Robot

I think Tank is in with that on the borders Hollywood crowd, I mean what is up with that connection, I wish-oh I wish that Ice came out to fight with that old haircutt.

Ice-Ice baby.
    Regards

Everyone is so unskilled and awkward. This is painful to watch.

STOP! No spoilers please! I'm in CA I can't watch it for another 2 hours! I don't care of it's bad! STOOOOOOOOOOOP!
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Talking what channel is this on

I wonder if Tank trained him, too? That would be funny. I imagine Tanks' training would involve ice slamming shots in intense 3 minute intervals.

It was hilarious. Stern interviewed danny and todd on his show this morning, so I already knew who was gonna win, but it was still a trip to watch. Bonnaducci has actually trained before - he has a black belt - you couldn't tell by watching him though. You could tell he'd been working out, but couldn't tell he had any skill.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

What are you guys talking about!? Are yu seriously talking about Vanilla Ice in a real full contact boxing match!? Against who? Why?
    WTF? Muh?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

This was the best one hour I've seen on television in ages. I'm still weeping with gratefulness that television is able to sink below the lowest common denominator and bring us voyeuristic pap like this.

The first bout between Danny Bonaduce and that guy who played "Greg" on the Brady Bunch was classic. Danny beat that goon into the canvas. It was cool. I want to be like Danny Bonaduce when I grow up then I can have a television career and once I've sunk to the lowest low I can be I'll become so desperate I'll sign my name to an enterprise like this one. If I can really work at it I'll not only shame myself but even my dead grandparents. That would really be something to shoot for.

I missed the second bout between Vanilla Ice and Todd Bridges because I had to go take a dump.

But I made it back for the Tonya "Crack Her Knees with a Bat" Harding vs. Paula "I'm a dupe for the GOP" Jones bout. This was poetry in motion. Tonya beat that weasel-eating sl*t d'boxcar into pulp. My money had always been on Tonya. Any chick who'd smash a hubcap into her boyfriends face has really got something going for her. I think I'll divorce my wife and stalk Tonya now....

And I loved the crowd. I bet there wasn't one full set of teeth amongst them all. Did you catch the sign held up by the twenty-year old guy still living with his mother and working on a boiler that read: "I luve you Tayna". [Budokan wipes a tear from his eye] I'm always touched whenever I see an expression of true love.

Tonya had nice juggs, too, but that's not the only reason I watched.

K. Mark Hoover

I don't know why Vanilla Ice agreed to fight Todd Bridges. He humiliated himself. Vanilla Ice is a total wimp. I've never seen such a girly man in my whole life. I guess Bonaduce did the best. They should have had him fight todd bridges. I bet Greg Brady would have kicked Vanilla Ice's ass. I've probably expended more thought on this than anyone involved with the show. the whole event was like something out of a science fiction book.

Bodokan- I saw that sign too. I don't know if it was a joke or what, either way it's total genius.

It's weird when Barry Williams talks because it's like "Who is that?...Greg Brady!!" he still sounds just like him

Hey, I'm a professional writer who actually writes science fiction. Even I can't come up with something this good!
    K. Mark Hoover

You know that feeling you get when you simultaneously want to weep for human civilization because something like this has happened, and are furious that you missed it?

Well, neither did I until just now.

I hope it's rerun sometime.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Then there're the questions that has gone unasked until now.

Why Tank Abbott? Why not a boxing coach?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.