Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: New Star Wars

OT: New Star Wars

Anyone see the new trailer? It looks pretty Phatt. Lots of Jedi stuff, light sabers.

It opens May 16. I'll be there.

New Spiderman flick looks promising too.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

You can see Boba Fett (as a child) in the trailer for a split second. When Obi-Wan says "They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create an army of clones...wait!" and he activates the lightsaber, right when it shows Jango Fett in the rain, look behind in the upper left corner and you'll see a small boy running up a ramp into the ship.

Also when Mace Windu is talking and says "there aren't enough Jedi, we're keepers of peace, not soldiers..." look in the background and you can see the red Imperial Royal Guards from Return of the Jedi.

I myself can't wait to see the lightsaber fighting, especially Anakin using 2 lightsabers. I heard that Yoda is going to fight in the movie against the bad guy at the end (he is the old **** that says "Join me Obi-Wan, together we can destroy the Sith!"). Supposedly the old guy lays it down on Anakin, then Yoda comes in and kicks the **** outta him Jackie Chan style.
    I have a signature.

There is no world in which a Kermit the Frog puppet laying down a Jackie Chan style beating is going to be anything but comedy.

This is a serious mistake.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

It is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

thats all I can say, really.

Chang, actually he is computer generated, and supposedly ILM says they pulled off a good job. That is of course unless its a lie. Might be, I remember reading that Darth Maul was a modified clone of Obi-Wan and someone even got a picture of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan and the heads were the exact same size and shape.

I've even heard one rumor, ok, John Williams (the guy who does the music) says George already wrote the next movie and the ending is going to shock us as much as "No Luke, I am your father..." type stuff. Someone said they think Obi-Wan and Yoda die and are somehow able to return from the dead and that is why when they died in the original trilogy, the body disappeared (unlike Vader's body and Qui-Gon Jinn in the last movie). Seems pretty cool and certainly would shock us. You gotta remember, Yoda is one of the strongest Jedi and Obi-Wan is pretty strong himself. So how were they able to hide from Vader and the Emperor so long? Maybe `cause they really were already dead. Who knows?
    I have a signature.

wooo! that's all i got to say. i've seen all the trailors and woooooooo! there's one clip with yoda turning to face the camera and the look in my man's eye is so ill, like he's about to wreck shop on a whole platoon of a$$. it's going to be off the hooook.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

I, for one, thought that Episode 1 sucked so much of the incredible dangle the donkey dong that I had no interest in seeing this one. The first "breathing" trailer of Episode II and the subsequent love trist trailers further made me believe that this move would truly be a galactic waste of time and money.

But that last trailer was pretty fu(kin bad ass. Maybe worth a matine.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

I read the script review of Yodas fight with Count Doku, there is some lightsaber dueling (next to Mace Yoda is the best duelist of his time) but it is mostly some creative using of the force. I dont want to spoil it for you guys though.......

ok, I am an admitted SW geek!

I don't buy the Hype

I'm with Chang style novice... unless yoda is using some of the same tactics that vader used when he tossed siht at luke in empire, I think its gonna be pure kiddy carp just like the first movie.
    I mean I waited years for that movie, and what do they give me a a giant commercial for action figures with maybe 45 minutes of good footage or relavent story line.
    I think Lucas is just being plain greedy, I mean come on the boy band tart that is now in the movie, is just a ploy to pull in an audience outside of the normal starwars viewers. I would not be surprised if nysnch or what ever band that little flop is in comes out with a music video for the movie.
    I think the most realistic commentary that I have heard about this movie is that it will be "Dawson's creek in a galaxy far far away"

However, let me state that I want nothing more than to be wrong...

-Drone

p.s. Yoda should be a puppet, cgi is not the same.

You can tell when i have term papers due. I start making far too many post on this board.

I would love to see Darth Maul reserect and de-capitate n-sync.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I"m not sayin' you can't make a good duel between Yoda and whatever human sized opponent - remember the homunculus in one of those Sinbad movies? I just don't trust Lucas to do it.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Inside info

I went to school with a guy who worked on the set and he didn't really give a **** about the non-disclosure contract. I didn't want to get him in trouble so I didn't ask him anything, but he told me there is a huge melee at the end - about 5000 clones against 250 Jedi. He said it looked awesome.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

For a bunch of Kung Fu Guys who have seen little oriental men throw around big Americans, you have no faith in Yoda!

From what I have read he will be using 2 short sabers and the scenes will look like Philippino Escrima, personally I am stoked!

Yoda will kick arse!