Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mind intent (yi) and Fa Jing

Mind intent (yi) and Fa Jing

Tai Chi Chuan can also develop the facility of issuing power outside the body to affect other people or bounce people off with a strike. This power is the result of a combination of yielding jing and fa jing (discharging) power. Therefore, it can be said that if one does not have this yielding jing and fa jing skill, one does not really practice Tai Chi Chuan correctly.
    Intent is what's necessary. It is the commander of all movement. It is said in the six harmony theory that when the intent is there, the chi is there and the power is there. A movement without intent is nothing. An intent without movement is nothing too. An intent combined with movement that is not applied to an opponent is nothing. When intent combined with movement is applied on an opponent, then something is achieved.

The question is how do we strenghen our Intent so that we can achieve Fa Jing or Linkonjing

It is said that the strengh of YI comes out from a normal person every once and a while especially those cases when a person's life is at stake or saving another.

Wink

If you can understand what you just wrote then you should know how to train it.
    enjoy life

Yi/shen/qi

Lobo:
    It is my understanding that the Yi directs the Qi, and that the shen (spirit) controls the Yi. Is this what you have been taught?
    Regards,
    Gary
    www.flowingcombat.com

No thought, no analysis, no reflection, no cultivation, no intention: let it settle itself.

peace

Lobo - Mind Intent

What a great question and I hope I can help you. From my experiences, I have found that standing meditation/rooting and Qigong practice have helped me with "intent". Also when practicing your form you should concentrate on "intent" big time. You are going against an imaginary opponent, "what are you doing?" "How are you doingit?" Can I use the same technique a different way??
    Hope this helps Lobo. Train well.

Damian

Lobo= Richard Mooney

Same guy who posted pictures of dead children on the main forum!
    I wont discount this type of power compleatly but i will say that Richard Mooney has been proven publicly a fraud on many occasions and that supporting even in text someone who is SELLING video tapes of these apperently secret methods is supporting a known fraud.
    I would not have minded so much him just doing that. If i hadnt countless times witnessed him verbaly attacking other forum members in a manner that NO martial artist would be proud of.
    As stated his last 'retaliation' against a critic involved posting pictures of dead children. He will never answer an honest critic and makes up poor excuses about his public scientific tests and there conductors.
    The plain fact is in a double blind scientific test Richard Mooney could not produse his disired Ling Kong Jing on ANY of his 16 subjects.

Please just do me a small favor and dont fall for this fools tricks, why give money to someone who is openly distroying the reputation of good chinese martial arts schools everywhere.

If by some compleate fluke im totaly wrong and Lobo has nothing to do with Mr Mooney then i appologise for interupting the converstation. Nothing wrong with discussing Ling Kong Jing on an open public forum but i didnt want this to just be a stupid plug by Richard Mooney to save face as his last thread got kicked in the ass!
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

bait and switch

Didn't you like how Mooney (Lobo, in this incarnation - he'll give up and try again under a different name) started talking about Taiji and Fa Jin, and slide right over to Lin Kong Jin?

You should sell aluminum siding, or swimming pools.

Best Regards,

Rick Matz

what TBT said.

Yi is the most frequently misunderstood element of internal arts, resulting in forceful pushing of the qi around. The result is that most people I have met have a sort of "thickness" to their qi, like molasses almost. Imagine you try to move your arm by keeping every muscle group tensed 100% of the time. You train your intent by unifying it with your action.

To put it in some other ways:

There is no spoon.

Do or do not, there is no try.

Greetings..

Intent.. outstanding topic.. what follows is my own understanding, certainly no claim of "the answer"..

Intent, is knowing.. not believing, not wishing, Knowing.. In the same way that you put the letter in the mail box, and go on about you business "knowing" that it will reach its destination (work with me here, i understand the nuances of the Postal service).. intent is supported by good training, but.. is also independent in some cases.. for instance, the mom that moves an automobile to save her child.. there was no wishing, she simply knew there were no alternatives and she approached the task as though it was already done..

That is how i understand Intent.. i dont "try" to feel Chi, it is there.. i don't fumble with which technique is best suited for the situation, i know that my training has afforded me with enough tools to handle a situation, i just "know" that my natural responses will conclude the situation in my favor.. Now, the other aspect of "intent" is the actions that follow.. If i truly "know" something, there is no question, no doubt.. Just as when we mail our letter, we then go on "knowing" it is done.. we don't go home and call the post office and ask when will it get there, we don't call the destination and ask if its been received.. That is evidence as to the degree which we Know.. it is Resolve.. Once the "intent" has been issued, the "resolve" to move toward its full manifestation is evidence of the sincerity and depth of belief we have in our intent.. The universe responds to our every command, according to the degree which we believe it will.. Just as our individuallity responds to our Intent.. (there's a nifty link there)..

Certainly, we can describe these concepts by various names and phrases according to our individual traditions and lineages.. but, i find that common language (english in this case), when used correctly, gets around some cultrual and traditional prejudices.. So, what i'm trying to say is that we can experience the fullness of our Art by Knowing that it is there, and achieve it through deliberate (resolve) training.. For myself, it all changed when i first "felt" the Chi issued to me.. then, i "knew".. now, i am moving deliberately, no questioning the process..

Be well, "know" your potential, and it will be so..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Exclamation GREAT POST BLACKTAOIST.

Lobo,
    It's as simple as walking through a door
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

It's easier to go from 30 to 60 then it is to go from 0 to 60.

..... Shorten the distance and time and there it is.

Intention speaks for itself. Think of what you wish to accomplish, focus. Don't have a smile on your face.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 03-15-2002 at 12:39 PM.

Wink

Good topic, to bad what was written by the poster is not also understood by the one who wrote it.

This I don’t understand, why make statements based on premises that by your posting seem to be very confused.

On line hints or revelations can't help much because one would have to know it already to understand it. It's not a thinking type of thing.

How to strengthen the shen/yi/chi.

The first and best way is to find a teacher that can help you to understand what it is and is not and find it within your self. Unless you’re very talented or have some very good intuition I think it would be almost impossible to arrive at any meaningful way to practice it by your self in a direct way.

IMO language pretty much fails in giving any meaningful descriptions other then what is generally said in many TC practice gyms. So while many can say it IMHO only a few really know it.

If you run in to some one who can show this and has some understanding of it consider your self very lucky follow that person until you can find and develop it within.

in this i wish you luck
    enjoy life

If you run in to some one who can show this and has some understanding of it consider your self very lucky follow that person until you can find and develop it within.
    If you choose to take those steps though, be sure to ask your guru the financial, emotional and physical labors involved and commit yourself fully.

- Nexus

Yes you are correct, the Yi leads the CHi. But my question is more how to make it stronger (the intent) not just finding it. A person's strengh in intent is the differance between being able to open a door verses breaking the door down with one kick. One could have the intention of lets say going over to an automobile and trying to pick it up to see if his muscle are strong enough. But if he had a loved one under the car he may be able to actually do it. From what I heard if we are able to create this type of intent while using linkonjin that that is how you can effect people from a distance

To understand how these three concepts interact, you need to look at what each one is.

Yi is the active thinking process associated with the brain
    Chi is the living energy developed and stored in the Dan Tien
    Shen is the spirit, which permeates the entire body. It is also associated with the aura.

So, you need to imagine the energy in the head (yi) traveling down the spine to the Dan Tien, circle 7 1/2 times around the navel in a counterclockwise direct, it goes through the body exiting the anus (this is different from a fa.rt) it goes to the feet, spirals around the body from foot to head, goes down the front of the body, circles the the navel 7 1/2 times in a clockwise direction, back into the DanTien and comes out the sex organ. This is the real secret of Lin Kong Jin.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon