Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep building while doing cardio?

Hey Doughnut boy

Elpietro, Your Profile says your an analyst? How Noble of you to offer your "Professional" Nutritional Advice. Free advice.. You get what you pay for.

My bet is that your at least 30 Lbs overweight just starting out in Kung fu probably TKD Not even Kung fu and you THINK you know... You Tim Horton Lovin MO FO!

Myself on the otherhand.....................

Diet like Kung fu like weight lifting different things work for different people.

I guess I should of elaborated on my High protien diet. For me High Protien means eating loads of meat, fish, poultry, Cheese, Soy products probably about 65% of my daily caloric intake comes from protien. I also eat a ton of fresh vegetables and fruit. And no it's not a fad diet it's just what works for me.

Anybody that taks advice from KFO seriously should seek counselling.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

Johnny,

What EP is saying is consistent with all the information I have read as well. He may not be a "pro", but that doesn't mean much in the world of fitness and nutrition now a days. Out of curiousity what books and/or scientific studies do you draw your conclusions from?

Johnny so you eat a ton of protein and carbs are bad, yet you eat a ton of fruits and veggies which are carbs. I'm done arguing with you. You are just plain wrong and contradict yourself. If you could post something remotely helpful to others. If you want some counselling I'm sure I could set you up for a good price.

Your maturity level is continuing to degrade, now trying to take shots at what I do professionally, you just have a question mark in your occupation...do you not know what you do or just unemployed? Why not just say "your dady can beat up my dad" that seems to be the extent of your maturity here.

I have to laugh at your comments on physique. If you feel the need to prove yourself that's your own inferiority complex. I confident enough in myself and abilities and don't feel the least concerned by your foolish comments. The very fact that you're on an atkins diet means you were probably pretty obese, so trying to take shots at someone on that aspect is pretty ****ed sad.

If you have to know I am not training in any chinese martial arts, I have in the past but only for a short time. I currently train in thai boxing, my club is called Ultimate Thai Boxing in toronto and well known fighters such as Gary Goodridge and Carlos Newton have both trained there. Saw them both there in the same week although they train closer to where they live now.

But continue to make these stupid statements if it makes you feel better. You are only further embarassing yourself, and it truly doesn't accomplish anything, other than waste time and space here.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 03-20-2002 at 09:10 AM.

''Try to get a good amount of carbs in about an hour before your cardio session. Afterwards try to get a huge amount of carbs in and a decent amount of protein.''

a good amount before - yes, to make sure your glycogen stores are toped up for while you train

a huge amount afterwards - um- i would suggest only a moderate amount to again replenish.

is it not correct that you body can only store so many carbs as glycogen & unused to turn to fat, in the same way the body can only utilise a certain amount of protien at any given time.
    vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

Physco

Analyst.

I get it.

Complex Carbs I should have stated.

I'm done..

So you saw some big names from UFC at your gym.

I'd still kick your ass...

B-yatch!
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

"Anybody that taks advice from KFO seriously should seek counselling."

I wouldn't bet my life on any advice I got from anyone on KFO, but if you're not willing to listen, then what are you doing here?
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist