Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: list of southern kung fu styles that have no variations(only one lineage)

list of southern kung fu styles that have no variations(only one lineage)

can you list the different kinds of southern kung fu or southern kuo shu styles that have no variations or has only one lineage. example: there are at least two kinds ( two lineages) of wing chun chien . or there are at least 5 kinds of southern praying mantis.

are there even southern kung fu styles( not systems like choy li fut, or hung jia chien) that has only one lineage?

I think only secret or extinct styles fit that bill :-(

as soon as a Sifu has more than one student, 2 lineages can develop... so i would say it'd be pretty much impossible, except from maybe family styles or something...

david

Bak Fu Pai has only one lineage.

www.tigerkungfu.com
    I love the smell of iron palm in the morning, it smells like.... victory

Ima

bak fu pai may be under Doo Wai family thats what he says, but its made up from different systems. so it aint pure as such as if his family made the style up.

Bak Fu Pai was not created by the Doo family, but it was passed to them by the founder of the style, therefore the Doo family would be the sole lineage for Bak Fu Pai and has been that way for centuries.
    I love the smell of iron palm in the morning, it smells like.... victory

IMA

Can you please tell me why Doo Wai studied under Cheung Lai Chun for? CLC is bak mei!

thanks and welcome to KFO.

I can tell you fiercest tiger, why he studied under CLC. It's because Bak Fu Pai is Doo's interpretation of Bak Mei.

Curious, If CLC died in 1964 how old was Doo Wai to learn the Pak mei System from Him. I also read by James Lacey that Bak fu Pai was part of the five elders style.

Just Curious.
    mono68

Doesnt Bak Fu Pai just mean
    Bak (white) fu (tiger) pai (family)?
    If so there are ten million styles using that name and any one linage would be simply a personal interpretation anyway.

I would doubt highly that any system more than a couple of hundred years old would be all one linage. Some will try to tell you they are but they usualy have an alteriour motive for doing so.

I personaly cant name one system that is one hundred percent pure and only has one linage.
    Last edited by jon; 03-15-2002 at 07:37 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

11. fu jow pai under Wai Hong
    Last edited by crazybuddha; 03-20-2002 at 05:41 PM.

fu jow pai under wai hong????

C'mon plez, we are seeing a new branch appear before our eyes.

Do i need to mention, Tak Wah.

what about fukien five ancestors fists? or duck fist( this is a sourthern style, right?)

but kung fu systems like hung jia chien and choy li fut that have only one lineage , right ?
    Last edited by wolfkiller; 03-16-2002 at 09:33 AM.
    the path to righteousness is straight and narrow.

Nope. hate to burst your bubble. Choy Li Fut has Buk Sing, Hung Sing, Chan and Wing? lineages. Those are the main ones atleast. Hung gar has at the least the Village style and the "modern" style created by Wong fei Hung. The more famous a style is the more interpretations it has. I could say Pan Gai Noon but that tradition is not really in China anymore. Thats the only one i can think of. Kung Fu history is pretty secretive so it'd be impossible to get an absolutely answer, you'll have to do alot more digging than a post on a forum to find out. May i ask why you want to know this info. Not trying to be rude, i just think its an interesting question.

15. .
    Last edited by crazybuddha; 03-17-2002 at 09:49 PM.