Thread: Choy Lay Fut and Chi Gung

Choy Lay Fut and Chi Gung

Hi, my nickname is Nobody 74, i am a new member in this forum. I have a question regarding Choy Lay Fut. I hope all Choy Lay Fut practitioners will help me get the answer that I needed . I read a thread titled "Internal Choy Lay Fut" on page 3, and the thread made me wonder about ChoY Lay Fut and Chi Gung (Qi Qong). As far as I know, almost all Chinese martial arts have some type of Chi Gung training in their disposal. Because Chinese martial arts have always emphasized the balance between hard and soft, external and internal, etc. Therefore it surprised me when in one of the reply, it says "Most CLF branches dont have the internal/Qigong sets". Thus because of it my question arised. Does it mean that in most CLF branches Chi Gung training doesn't exist? And by reading further down the thread, it's clear that definitely the Chan Family lineage and Doc Fai Wong lineage (I look up his website : http://www.plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/history.htm, it is clear that Doc Fai Wong is one of Choy Lay Fut grandmasters outside Chan family that have the most direct lineage to the Chan family, thereby in my opinion inheriting the complete Chan Family Choy Lay Fut) have Chi Gung training at their sistems.
    So my question remains, with the saying "Most CLF branches dont have the internal/Qigong sets" does it mean that no Chi Gung training exists at most CLF branches ?
    I would really appreciate your input and answer to my question.

ps. I also put another thread on Kung Fu Forum titled "Ground Fighting and Kung Fu". please read it as well

Hi, this is me again
    I just want to correct the url of Doc Fai Wong website, I shouldn't put coma in the end of the url because the coma become one with the url. Here is again the url: http://www.plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/history.htm
    Sorry for the mistake

No, it doesn't mean that the others branches don't have internal, they could addopt other style internal training.
    Doc Fai Wong, doesn't inherit the internal CLF, because it's only a family system, it doesn't teached out of the family until Chan Yong Fa.
    DOc Fai Wong, have Tai Chi internal as I've heard only.

Jaza, according to DRAGON32 (he is a student of Doc Fai Wong's student, Pedro Rico) Doc Fai Wong lineage does have Choy Lay Fut internal sets. You can see his posting at "Internal Choy Lay Fut" thread on page 3 on Shouthern Chinese Kung Fu forum. Furthermore, if you go to Doc Fai Wong webpage about Choy Lay Fut: http://www.plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/choylifu.htm
    it seems clear that he knows Choy Lay Fut Chi Gung training.

Nobody74,

Doc Fai Wong does not teach the Lohan Qigong from the CLF system, u are right about him teaching qigong but its not from CLF it's from a man named Master Peng-Si Yu. That's what it says on his site & it does'nt mention anything about him learning Lohan Qigong. The forms Dragon32 mentioned are external blended with internal, in CLF as u advance the forms start to get more internal, the sets dragon32 mentioned are'nt qigong sets there part of the external sets. As i said b4 that does'nt mean the external sets don't have internal, in the latter stages CLF is Hard & Soft mixed like Yin & Yang. The Lohan Qigong was kept a family secret & taught only to the Chan Family being passed down to the inheritor of each generations. It's only in the last 20years that Master Chen Yong-Fa from the Chan Family Hung Sing Gwoon CLF World Headquarters in Sydney has revealed & started to teach the Lohan Qi Gong & 18 Wooden Dummies to the public.
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

Originally posted by GOLDEN ARMOR
    Nobody74,

Doc Fai Wong does not teach the Lohan Qigong from the CLF system, u are right about him teaching qigong but its not from CLF it's from a man named Master Peng-Si Yu. That's what it says on his site & it does'nt mention anything about him learning Lohan Qigong. The forms Dragon32 mentioned are external blended with internal, in CLF as u advance the forms start to get more internal, the sets dragon32 mentioned are'nt qigong sets there part of the external sets. As i said b4 that does'nt mean the external sets don't have internal, in the latter stages CLF is Hard & Soft mixed like Yin & Yang. The Lohan Qigong was kept a family secret & taught only to the Chan Family being passed down to the inheritor of each generations. It's only in the last 20years that Master Chen Yong-Fa from the Chan Family Hung Sing Gwoon CLF World Headquarters in Sydney has revealed & started to teach the Lohan Qi Gong & 18 Wooden Dummies to the public.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GOLDEN ARMOR
    [B]Nobody74,

I pratice and I know Chi Kung Choy Li Fut forms and I´ve never learnt with Chan Yon Fa or one of his students.
    When you´re a lot of time praticing and you have a high level of Choy Li Fut, all it´s forms are "external blended internal" at the same time BUT in our linage there are some forms that their propose are develope Chi, move Chi, emit Chi...

SUMMER 2018 Kung Fu Tai Chi

READ The Kwan Yin Palm Sitting Form By Brian Kuttel in our SUMMER 2018 issue.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Fall 2018

Choy Lee Fut Internal Training: From Tendon Changing & Marrow Washing to Unlocking Martial Secrets
    By Emilio Alpanseque

FALL 2018

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart