Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dit Da Jow

Cool Dit Da Jow

Would anyone care to share their experiences when they first used Dit Da Jow or helped someone by recommending Dit Da Jow? I have had some experiences and I was curious if anyone had some experiences they would care to share? Thank you.

Damian

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

I have a funny story to share...... My school is located in a plaza next to a bar/resurant, the owner is a very nice guy named scotty bath, he plays hockey on a league 3 times a week. Well one week he got into a fight and when I went over for lunch he and his wife were fighting becuse they had to stand up in a wedding that night and she was ****ed that he had bruises all over his face.

I walked up to him and said I can help you out if you want. he said how , I said I have some herbs.

He came over and I opened up my 15 year old jow and told him to rub it on his face. He smelled it and said what is this sh*t.. it smells awful. I said just rub it on will ya.

He says yea but the wedding is tonight how long does this stuff take to work , I said keep rubbing........ after 20 minutes he couldnt belive that the bruises were dissappearring before his eyes.

He eventually went next door and everyone told him he stunck but by that night the bruises were gone.

Hecame over the next day and thanked me and then traded me a week of lunches for a small bottle......

He said your amazing man and then asked if I had anything that could keep the yang up!!!!!!
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

hehe, cool story ED
    "Get up you son of a b1tch!...mickey loves ya" - Rocky V

Earth Dragon - Dit Da Jow

I have noticed that people are skeptical when introduced to Dit Da Jow. You explain what the liniment can do and they look at you like your nuts.

Damian

So for those of us who are newer and/or just don't know, could you explain a bit more about what Dit Da Jow is? I mean I get the idea that it's some sort of traditional, herb-based ointment or whatever and apparently very good. But what is it usually used to treat, how easy is it to get/make, are there sort of limitations on how often or how much you can use, stuff like that? I'm just curious. Our instructor said that when we get to the point where we're going to do start learning fighting/sparring, we'll have some medicine to help with any bruises and stuff we may get from the practice. I'm kind of wondering if this is what he's talking about.

Dronak,
    dit dat jow is a combination of herbs mixed together by a herbologist to create a topical tonic. It is used for a variety of reasons but mainly to condition the skin and or bone, speed up chi flow to increase blood circulation from stagnet bloodstasis. (bruising if you will)

It can be found in some chinese herb stores but the good or potent stuff is only available to people that make it and wish to give it too someone (like me or damian) he he just teasing all.

This is not to be confused with the crap that they sell online for $15.00 for that is mostly water and not very good.

The only way to have the real good stuff is get the recipe ...... this is not easy for the recipe are more closly gaurded than famous amous cookies.. I hpoe that helps.

PS the older the stronger. 10 -15 years is good stuff. 20-50 years is gold.........
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Smile Dronek - Dit Da Jow

I must echo what Earth Dragon mentioned but you should ask these questions of your instructor/Sifu. If you are doing/going to do this training that you mentioned he should have the knowledge of Dit Da Jow. Train well.

Damian

Interesting. I always enjoy learning something new. Earth Dragon, I guess you don't put too much faith in any recipes that you can find on the web then, huh? I did a Google search on "dit da jow" and a few recipes did show up in the first 50 hits (I load a lot of hits by default). Or will these work too, but just not be as strong or effective as the ones that are kept secret? Weaker isn't necessarily worse if it can do what you want it to. Are there products available for purchase that you would consider good?

dfe****o, our teacher said that the combat training wouldn't start until the fall at the earliest and only for certain people who he feels are ready for it. Not everyone will be able to do that class/section. Since he mentioned having or getting medicine to use when needed as part of the training, I kind of assume that he does have sufficient knowledge about whatever medicine he plans to use. There's no rush on this for me. We're all still doing barehand forms, but our teacher is pushing us fast to give us as much as he can as quickly as possible. It was just that he mentioned using the medicine to help take care of bruises which was what this thread mentioned dit da jow could do, so I thought I'd ask about it. Our teacher didn't specify what the medicine was, so I thought I'd just ask and see if he might have meant dit da jow.

Cool Dronek - Dit Da Jow

Dronek -

I would like you to remember a few things;
    - for a Jow to good it doesn't have to have alot of herbs. I know a good recipe that has only 14 herbs.
    - there are jows on the market from $6-$10/ounce. Don't be fooled by these people. As Earth Dragon stated learn to make your own.
    -last but not least, if you purchase a jow make sure it comes in a glass-type bottle. Do not by a jow in plastic. The jow loses its potency in a plastic bottle no matter how good it may be. Train well.

Damian
    "Beware the Fury of a Patient Man"

Jow recipe

For those interested, my sifu has an inexpensive formula on his site. The link below should take you directly to the jow page. We have lots of different types of jow, just in case your skin is sensitive to one, you can use another. The one on sifu's site is very basic, but works pretty good none the less.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm/dit_dar_medicine.htm

Take care,
    Buby
    Last edited by Buby; 03-19-2002 at 11:47 AM.

Jow storage

Damien... since storing the completed jow in glass makes sense, how about the herbs prior to storage? I've got the batches of herbs to make my jows, but they're in tupperware now to store.

Also, how long is the shelf life in plastic for the completed jow? I'm just curious about that part. Once I start my iron bone training, I'll be using jow, but not bathing in it so I'll have leftovers but don't it to waste in plastic. The tupperware containers make the pouring easier but if it's not good for the jow, then I don't mind swapping. Just looking for info.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Sean Stoneheart - Jow storage

I have always kept my herbs in their original bags. Prior to cooking/preparing Dit Da Jow, I have kept my herbs in the refrigerator. Can't honestly remember the duration of time. And, of course, I have a second refrigerator in the garage which really helps. I am not too sure about keeping herbs in tupperware. In all the years of dealing with Jow I never met anyone who did put herbs in tupperware for storage but I will get you the answer. Train well.

Damian

sean stoneheart - herb storage

Tupperware is okay for storing the herbs as long as moisture is not present. However, once the alcohol has been added to the herbs you cannot store the mixture in anything else but glass or crockery. Hope this helps you, Sean. Train well.

Damian

missing a lot

Dit Da Jow is only one of many types of Dit Da. I have personally used Dit Da Jow, Dit Da Yeow, Dit Da Yuen, and Dit Da Darn.

Basically, Dit Da is herbs prepared in a tradtional manner which qualifies it as one of the above.

Find a supplier of Dit Da and try it out. If it doesn't work, you will know it and you will need to find another supplier. The problem is that once someone uses a traditional term, everyone jumps on the bandwagen, throws together herbs, and claims Dit Da. The proof is in the results. If it doesn't work, you will know right away.

Question the lineage of the formulae before you buy them. Thousands of years of Chinese Medical knowledge is useful only if the knowledge was passed on correctly and properly.
    Last edited by BSH; 03-20-2002 at 12:26 AM.
    Got Lineage?

Cool BSH

I pretty much agree with everything you say and I would like you to know that the recipe I use is a very old and proven one. It can be used for just about anything? I have helped many people with it.

Can you explain what are Dit Da Yeow, Dit Da Yuen and Dit Da Darn? I have never heard these terms. Do they mean the same but just in a different dialect? Are these Jows used for specific purposes? hope to hear from you, BSH.

Damian