Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What we need more of

What we need more of

We need more....

1. Well-written man/ape sex stories.

2. Decent dojos/kwoons that won't fleece the novice and sour his outlook on MA

3. Hammers

4. Decent weapons instructors

5. Decent judges at MA tournaments

6. Believable man/ape sex stories, with illustrations

7. Teletubbies who know martial arts and use their skills to attack, devastate, skin and then devour Barney the dinosaur

8. Martial arts oriented television

9. Education of the public about what martial arts can and CAN'T do

10. Reality when it comes to MA and less myth

What else might we need, in your opinion...?
    K. Mark Hoover

1. More posts by budokan.
    2. More posts by cody.
    3. More trolls they keep us entertained and thinking.
    4. More realism.
    5. Bimbos - god luv em.
    6. Someone to publicly fight Richard Mooney.
    7. My girlfriend to stop playing wierd games
    8 My girlfriend to play more wierd games.
    9. funny posts.
    10. Ralek

More darn girls on the board, ive got enough Yang energy for a whole football team i dont need anymore
    Bring on the females posters i say, there all lurkers im betting.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

11. More ape-human sex
    12. More televised martial arts
    13. Better kung fu movies without that sh itty jet li bloody wushu strings and wires crapl
    14. Martial artists that are actually martial artists and not athelets or wannabes.
    15. More T n' A.
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

1) More man/ape sex stories

2) More sex stories in general

3) Actually, more sex in general

4) Less argument over how realistic UFC/Pride/NHB is and how it disadvantages one group or another - if you want to compete, then compete if you don't then why argue? Ooops, this is not a more of. Oh well.

5) More MA-based cartoons so we can fantasize over what we might be able to do if we trained real hard
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

What we need fewer of:

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

We need more...

Compassion

Tolerance

Benevolence

Time

Nature

Music

Topless waitresses/waiters (hey, I'm an equalitist! <-- Did I just make up a word!?)

Natural foods

Government support for education and health (this applies to all countries I've ever been to and, believe me, I get around!)

Oh, and man/ape sex, of course.

(Budokan, do you have a special ape at the moment or are you on the prowl for a fresh, young chimp? Cos I hear Pres Bush is into playing around and he's the world's most famous chimp right now! And, as far as I'm concerned, he really should get fu(ked!)
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Apes, huh? chuckle

1. Education of public that in order to learn a complex physical skill, you need to start from a foundation, part of which is still and moving stance training. If that isn't entertaining enough, maybe they should be doing something else. Frankly, I don't think it would be a problem.

2. More concentration on applications of justice thru and around the law. A fictional Japanese TV show some years back featured a judge who sought justice and the best for All concerned, not merely law enforcement. Was like a glimmer of hope amongst all the b*llsh*t and grandstanding.

3. Realization that the mind can go further than the body, but the body's energy can follow it. There are tricksters, but also the genuine. Separate the ego from the art in any case. Out of the ordinary doesn't mean impossible.

5. On whatever level one is, responsibility for what one does and says and thinks.

6. Movies with less special effects and more genuine technique. The film editing makes it so you can't see much of anything. Likelihood there isn't much of anything to see.

7. More posts about how we are functioning as human beings. I think there's a lot to be learned from them, and it's nice to get to know how a person feels. Interesting to read the answers too.

8. Humor is appreciated.

9. I'm bashful, so I'll tolerate the ape stuff, but not read it.

Thanks jon, I like your posts too.

Cody

Re: Apes, huh? chuckle

Originally posted by Cody

9. I'm bashful, so I'll tolerate the ape stuff, but not read it.
    Hey look! More tolerance! My list is coming true already. Kinda like how the rest of the world tolerates Chimpy Bush. The again, that's not really by choice...

What we need more of:

Love

Laughter

Happiness

And man/ape sex stuff!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Whoever posted that he wanted more girls to post on the forum...

That won't happen as long as the "sex, T&A" stuff keeps finding its way to the top priorities of male posters.

If you want change you've got to be prepared to make some changes.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

On a serious note

And it has been mentioned before, but we need more of people to take responsibility for their own actions. Too many people find someone to blame hence the litigious society many of us live in, and the attitude that <insert the name of a governing body here> should do more to ensure <insert some stupid cause that has arisen because of someones stupidity>. More responsibility, less blame.

Also need more people to realise that while they have rights, they also have responsibilities.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Ryu
    How is that most of the girls i know are much more sexist than me, with the possible exception of my current girl who im seriously doubting to be human at all. She is simply way to moraly correct.

At one of my old jobs i was the only male staff member for ages, after the girls got used to me they begun to let fly. Ive never heard guys talk about things in anything like the detail they did!
    I know more about female sanitary and sex issues than i EVER needed to or wanted to!

I dont think many females post here, as a lot of guys do what has happened to Wushu chick and simply perform like seals whenever she is around. Contry to popular belief not every girl likes to be the centre of attension.
    Last edited by jon; 03-18-2002 at 08:08 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Well said Joe!

And as for you, Ryu, and your super chivalrous, new age, sensitive guy stuff.... you're quite right! BUT, have you ever heard a bunch of girls on their own when they think that there's no guys listening? They cuss and rant and talk about the most outrageous Bangkok monkey-sex far more than most guys do! It's all an act and they'd love a bunch of topless buff guys in the cafe as much as we'd like to see more hooters! Don't fall for it!

What we need more of?

Honesty from the chicks!

(D@mn, I'm walking on thin ice here!)

Hmm. Jon posted while I was typing and it seems he shares my views! So if you're going to bash me you gotta bash Jon too!

I definitely agree about the movies! I'm a HUGE kung fu movie fan, and it sickens me that all people in the US know about the genre is The Matrix, Crouching Tiger, and Kung Pow. The Matrix, while a good movie, is still not the real thing. I show my friends the Matrix and then get out my huge ass collection and say, "Ok, now these guys will make Keanu look like a *****!"

Wires: I have nothing against wires! They're entertaining if used correctly, and not to excess! One of my all time favs is Iron Monkey.... heavy on the wires and the skill!

I should shout this through a loudspeaker in the middle of Hollywood, right outside big film studios: AMERICANS CAN'T FILM ACTION ANYMORE. Go back to film school, asswipes! Learn how to hold a ****ing camera still, and don't cut and edit like it's a new invention!! Moderation! We like to see what the hell is going on! This goes for any action, not just MA fights!

Phew. I think I blew off enough steam for one night.

Serpent
    "They cuss and rant and talk about the most outrageous Bangkok monkey-sex far more than most guys do!"
    * Scary but VERY true...
    Ive sat there and tried to remain stable whilst girls discussed shaving of pubic hair, anal sex, men with extremly large endowments and how to cope with it, why most guys are hopeless at oral, coughing on pubic hair, sex when its that time of the month.
    Im scared for life thanks to those girls

- Huang Kai Vun