Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What we need more of

D@mn straight!

All this cr@p about not wanting to hear men talk like we do, not liking the swearing, not liking the thought that men like to look at naked women, etc. It's all just further backlash.

There was a time when women were oppressed, badly. No one is denying that. Now times are changing and equal rights is becoming more and more of a reality all the time.

However, a lot of women out there are just as guilty now of crimes against men as men were against women before. It's a backlash making us all suffer for the sins of the fathers. Don't buy into it!

How many ads are there on tv where the women make the men look stupid, or slap them on the but, or objectify them sexually? No ads on the tv with women in those roles any more. It was wrong, it was demeaning. So why is it ok to do it to guys now?

What do we need more of?

Less hypocrisy from women to go along with more honesty!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Zapf Dingbat
    AMERICANS CAN'T FILM ACTION ANYMORE. Go back to film school, asswipes! Learn how to hold a ****ing camera still, and don't cut and edit like it's a new invention!! Moderation! We like to see what the hell is going on! This goes for any action, not just MA fights!

Actually, some might argue that Americans never could film a fight scene

I remember someone once telling me that there is an unwritten rule in American film making - a fight scene should never last more than 2 minutes. To me this sucks. If you are going to film a fight scene, make it a decent one.

At least it seems that HK fight choreographers are now being called in to do more of the Hollywood fight scenes. They are starting to get better.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

we need more compassion.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

I can tell you what we need less of:

1. Pus*ies. It seems everyone is offended by everything these days. If I happen to call a flight attendant a 'stew' and wish I could pat her on the fanny, so be it. If they don't like it, Don't Take The F*ckin job. What ever happend to sticks 'n' stones?

2. I could use less beer. Apparently I have had too much tonight.

3. T.V. shows that tell you how to be stylish. People are so trendy these days that individuality and originality barely exist. If you want to wear pink-flowered spandex bell-bottoms with see-thru crotch because you think that it could save your life in a streetfight then fuuck what you just saw on Entertainment Tonight. Wear the flamming pants.

4. I will continue with this list after I eat my chicken wings that just got out of the oven.

5. See #2.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Originally posted by Sharky
    we need more compassion.
    Hey! That's the first thing I said in my first post on this thread!

Right Sharky, expect a call from my lawyer! That's plagiarism that is!

Like your style though!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

I hate trendy people. I hate them. I hate them all.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Laughing at ewallace!

Taking responsibility for ones actions is a big one for me. Part of it is how I was raised and saw my idiot brother ruin his life through poor lifestyle choices, part of it was teaching high school for seven years.

Tonight on the news (CBS) I saw a story where a guy was killed in his vehicle when he hit a pole head on and the vehicle folded up like an accordian, smashing him into pulp jelly. His family is suing the car manufacturer for making a shoddy product.

Sounds fairly normal...until you realize the guy was DRUNKER THAN A HOOT OWL and SPEEDING DOWN THE HIGHWAY in less than desirable driving conditions, as noted in the news piece.

The way I see it, he made his choices like a dumba$$, he deserves to reap his reward.

I can't stand stupid people. Ignorance is okay. Ignorant people can be educated. Stupid is forever.
    K. Mark Hoover

Unfortunately a lot of girls grow up in the same kind of pop culture/ environment that a lot of guys do, and have the same kinds of values. I've never been the one to say all women are shinning examples of morality and intelligence. That's rubbish.
    But people are on different levels so you find good ones and dumb ones. That goes for both genders.
    There's nothing wrong with talking about sex (I do so with women a lot) but it depends on your attitude of it.
    Doesn't really matter anyway, if people want to do what they want to do let them. Just don't complain if it backfires. Take responsibility for the way you behave and think.
    *shrugs*

I'm busy lifting weights tonight anyway so I don't have much time to care. A lot of girls I know don't like crudeness. Some do. It all just depends on what you want to find.
    Tonight is not the best night for me to talk about this anyway.
    So later...

Jon, if you have gotten a girl who makes you happy and has both intelligence and some good values on her, KEEP HER!
    Treat her like a queen. I'm sure you do.

Take care,
    Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Iagree with Budokan and Sharky in their two most recent posts.

Seems like no one is prepared to take responsibility any more. And trendy people suck!

Originally posted by Ryu

Jon, if you have gotten a girl who makes you happy and has both intelligence and some good values on her, KEEP HER!
    Treat her like a queen. I'm sure you do.
    What? Pretend she's a man, dress her in sequins and get her to do really cheesy stage acts singing Barbara Streisand hits in gay bars?

Sorry, I'm very bored at the moment!

Originally posted by joedoe

Actually, some might argue that Americans never could film a fight scene

I remember someone once telling me that there is an unwritten rule in American film making - a fight scene should never last more than 2 minutes. To me this sucks. If you are going to film a fight scene, make it a decent one.

At least it seems that HK fight choreographers are now being called in to do more of the Hollywood fight scenes. They are starting to get better.
    I meant action in general... note the "Not just MA fights" part.....

more repetitions of the 6 syllables , hehehe
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

Originally posted by prana
    more repetitions of the 6 syllables , hehehe
    More reps of the what now?

Daamn that was good. Okay, on with the list. This portion is on-topic of what we need More of:

6. Midgets in CMA. Everyone and their mother's cousin/uncle makes fun of midgets. I want to know how these little fuukers operate. They are bound to go on a rampage soon. I want inside information.

7. Realism with children. When I was little I was taught that this world was happy-happy everyone loves you. Years later I found myself wondering what the fuuk were those silly-ass people talking about. The world is not a nice place. I am tolerant of every color skin/hair/skin-growths. If you are different/confused/angry, come my way and I will try my best to help you. I don't judge people. That is for God to do. I do however make fun of everyone including my own out-of-shape...getting in-to-shape chicken wing-eatin fat ass. If my comments offend someone, it's simple...don't fuuckin read them. If a T.V. show offends you, don't fuukin watch it.

Budo brought up an outstanding point. People do not take any responsibility anymore. If you bungee-jump from a bridge over a rock quarry with a luggage cord and it breaks, your family need not sue the maker. It was your dumb-ass who jumped with it in the first place. Death of a loved one is a terrible thing but making others suffer from someone elses stupidity is not a valid way to cope.

8. I'm done ranting for now, see #2 in previous post.
    Last edited by ewallace; 03-18-2002 at 08:56 PM.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

ROFLMAO @ Serpent!

Hey, Jon, treat her like a FLAMING queen. She'll appreciate it and always remember you.
    K. Mark Hoover