Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid stunts in a fight.

Stupid stunts in a fight.

Hey, everybody.

What are the stupid things/techs that Guys have tried to pull on you in a fight?

I am talking real life situations here, not tourneys or sport comps.

One of my favorite ones happened in a pub.
    2 Guys behind me started to shove each other around and one guy bumped into me causing me to spill some amber.
    So I turned round and told him to buy me a new one when the fight is over and turned back.

Now the little bright spark decides to let me have a rabbit punch into the kidney region.
    After which I turned and nailed him in the kisser with my helmet (love FF-Helmet fu)and started to explain to him that punching my Kidneys is useless as I got a Bikers Jacket on with a sawn in Kidney belt & Biker pants underneath, and that those are designed to protect me coming off a Bike at about high speeds.

And I love the Guys that grab your shirt and try to explain to you what pains and aches they will give you as soon as they are finished talking.
    Ooh, pls, do that. I can do some nice things to that wrist, arm & elbow while you talk big.

Last one for now is the TKD Guy that decided to do a nice sweeping kick. hooked a chair & Table with foot and floored himself due to lag of space for such a stunt.
    So what amazing things have guys tried to pull on you??

I had an "incident" outside of a bar & grill after work one evening. I'm in a shirt, tie and slacks hanging out in the bar area. This girl was with her friends at a table in the bar area and a guy comes in and sits down at the next table over with his friends. Ol' girl starts shouting taunts at him (they obviously used to be in a relationship) and he taunts back. She won't leave him alone, and eventually he gets up and stands in front of her table shouting. This goes on back and forth for a while till she stands up and gets in his face.

He starts shoving her at this point, so I decide maybe I ought to step in. One of my "hot buttons" is guys who beat up women. Now, by all rights, this chick was egging it on, but she was about to get hurt as he starts escalating the shoves and pushes her into the brick partition between the bar and the restaurant area, so I go over and tap him on the shoulder. I ask him if he'll go outside and cool off. He gets the hint and says something about "we'll go outside alright", blah, blah.

Now I'm 22 at the time and still have a bit of young ******* punk in me, so when we get outside, I tell him I'll give him the first shot free (yes, I realize this was epicly stupid). He pops off a typical round punch and lands me square on the lip. I suppose he was smart enough to figure out that it was my turn now, so he thinks he'll be clever and tell me that he's a wrestler and how he's going to kick my ass. He shoots for the double leg, so I grab his head and feed him a knee.

He arches back involuntarily and his nose is just blowing blood all over me. He goes down unconscious and I check to see if he's still breathing and beating. Since he is, I haul my ass on home.

The more humorous epilogue to this is that when I get home, one of my roommates is outside our apartment on his first date with a girl he'd been mackin for months. I come walking up with a shirt solid red from collar to belt on the front. Even with a feeble attempt at explanation, the poor girl bolts and doesn't come back. My boy was piiisssed.

Uh.... you let him have a shot first?!??!

What kind of bushido mental warrior bullsh!t is that?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Originally posted by Sharky
    Uh.... you let him have a shot first?!??!

What kind of bushido mental warrior bullsh!t is that?
    I don't know if used correctly this tactic can work very well.

I am not kidding ya.

Yeah, but not if you *actually* go through with it.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Yep, nobody sez you have to wait until he lands his punch, before you start your own stuff.

Thumbs up

cool story, liked it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Actually I have seen the "I'll give a you the first shot" line work very well.

The guy (actually a car racing friend of mine) says to the guy he's squared off to, "I'll even give you the first shot", and then BAM, nailed the guy.

It seemed to really put him at ease and drop his guard for a moment.
    JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

I had a guy pick up a table lamp and swing for me. It was still plugged in at the wall and his arm stopped about a foot from my face where [cool as hell] I just smacked him down with a right cross.

Everyone said I looked the King Of Cool [TM] 'cause I didn't even move when he swung, but if the plug had jerked out I'd have looked like such a nob.

Ah well - good luck comes to those who react slowly
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Thumbs up

LOL @ JWT and Delicate!
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

If you are pretty sure you can take the hit, then it can be pretty unsettling for your opponent when they hit you and nothing happens. This once happened in an altercation with my father years ago - he sucker punched me and then landed another before I pushed him away. He was rather shaken by the fact that he got two clean shots in on me and I didn't even move.

Ironically since that fight our relationship just got better and better.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

This one fight I saw...was hilariously...it was asians vs. asians...I saw one guy do the flying dragon kick...u know the one BRUCE LEE does...like on the cover of DRAGON the BRUCE LEE STORY...he didn't even connect and landed on cement...he wasn't hurt but had a split on his pants...
    A

Talking

A bigger guy once told me he was gonna smash my head in with a chair he was holding.
    He should have lifted the chair first...
    I broke his nose with my left punch....
    We became good buddies not long after that...

LOL These responses have been funny. Guys, please understand that giving the guy a free first shot didn't have anything at all to do with Budo or any other form of mental strategery. It was a stupid macho bullsh*t move on my part, nothing more. I was only 22 and full of p*ss and vinegar, as they say.

Cool You guys are right

In the 60's, it was the macho thing to do...letting the other guy take the first shot. We were also into fairness and all that idealistic stuff.
    Also we internal stylists wanted to test ourselves as much as possible, so when we had an opportunity we took it.

My grandfather was dying of cancer when he was in his 70's and he was a bagua boxer (too many cigarettes). My youngest brother and I flew to Hawaii to visit with him and I had an a**hole husband of my cousin...he felt all m.a.s were phonies and one or two punches would wipe out any m.a.. So we were at a family get together when my grandfather asked my brother and I to give a demonstration of our martial skill. My brother had belonged to a club for four years and learned northern style. So we did a very brief demo for the family and as we were talking separately to our family members my cousin's husband walked up as if to shake hands and hit me in the solar plexus with a corkscrew punch...no warning, no pre move. I trapped his follow-up punch and I glared at him saying, "You're married to family....you get one punch." I let him go and he look stunned.
    Apparently he's slow and I'm slower, when I was helping my grandfather get to my uncle's car, my cousin's husband again took the opportunity and hit me with a cross hook to the jaw and one to the gut. I had my hands on my grandfather to help him walk.
    I must have had a weird look on my face because my cousin's husband put his hands up in surrender and immediately retreated.
    My grandfather then gave me a very nice compliment about my future as a martial artist. I am still trying to live up to his compliment. (I stopped teaching publicly in 2001) (I am not doing that well...as I still get in fights....at age 53, but it is usually to defend others. I still need to learn to always take the higher ground.)

Even though he was very sick, he could easily beat my brother who he asked to attack him in anyway that he could. My brother couldn't even touch him. My grandfather said that he didn't want to compare skills with me. (I hope to get up to his skill level someday.)