Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid stunts in a fight.

DS -

"At the end of the day it is weighing up option. If your friends are more important to you than the "consequences" [which I really doubt include death] then you make a stand, be it legally, violently or with the use of a large brick, a litre of petrol a cigarette lighter and the guy's car."

Mate its a different situation over there. People will kill other people for not much more than what we would term a mild slight.

Fukking about with guys that carry guns around with them is not a good idea, esp. if u know from previous experience that they're the kind of people that would use them.

Violence begets violence. Take a stand yeah, go to the police, but
    "Not to sound like an egotistical twat, but if that were my friends, the people responsible would be in the A+E, receiving emergency attention. "

Then they would get out, come back and shoot you. Bottom line is, they'd be prepared to go further than you would be. Otherwise they'd be lying in a morgue rather than A+E. Doing anything less than killing those sorts of people in that sort of situation is IMO asking for it.

Reality check man. Things you can get away with in Stoke are going to get you killed in a place like Philadelphia.

Take it with a pinch of salt mate. I know it is a different world over there [and in some parts of this place] where people will just shoot you for kicks. I've all over the States and while I ain't seen a shooting I have seen some bad sh!t.

I never was really giving "advice", just some experience etc. In a way I was advocating against violence, as I agree now wholeheartedly that violence begets violence. You in a way can take it anyway that you like. In a way, I was prepared to make "amends". In a way it demonstrates perfectly what NOT to do

However, in the place I am now - I would back up my mates - cause I know they'd do the same for me. I'd find someway to rectify the karma of things.

But yeah - getting shot by some d!ck-headed Yank would be no fun.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Originally posted by DelicateSound
    :

But yeah - getting shot by some d!ck-headed Yank would be no fun.

what kind of ****-head would you like to be shot by?

"what kind of ****-head would you like to be shot by?"

One with a water pistol.

Talking

JW, be nice to DS or he'll send Ozzy over to p*ss on the Alamo again!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

I myself have p!ssed up the Space Needle, and up a large tree next to the rim of the grand canyon. I think it was a pine tree.

I count the bout of excessive urination on the Space Needle [the "leg" nearest the big car park] as one of my biggest achievements. It feels like I p!ssed on every middle-class Washington Wino.......
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

stupid stunt number 6:
    Start peeing on his mother
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thumbs up

nice one DS

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

My stupid stunt

When I was 21 I dated this girl who happened to brag to everyone at her job about my muay thai and wing chun and kali training. This meant that when I came to pick her up at the end of her shift, all the guys now wanted to share their stories of their skills with me, since you can't have an American guy in suburbia who doesn't do martial arts.

The coworkers that simply hadn't been lying about their 'skills' had basically been to various belt factories. It was easy enough to tell. Anyway, after about a week, except for one lying idiot, everyone stopped with the martial arts talk. And the idiot I basically ignored. Big mistake...

The guy decides to try and impress me or something. When he hears me coming to get my girlfriend, he grabs a broomstick and hides behind a corner. When I come walking past he yells and attacks with the broom stick, bringing it straight down on my head, in a clumsy sword attack.

Except that when he yelled, I pivoted, saw the movement, and in a moment of sheer panic, kicked out. No fancy Kali deflection followed by a snake or vine to disarm him. Nothing like that. Years of martial arts training evaporated in the face of an actual threat. I just kicked.

By fortune (or misfortune), my kick nailed the broomstick on the 'hilt'. Since he was holding and swinging it wrong (loose fingers on the actual strike), it went right out of his hands and the end went into his face.

I saw something small flash up into the air from the vicinity of his head.

He collapsed to the floor and curled into a ball. That action and the flying object I thought somehow I had popped out his eyeball.

For the record, I'm not a tough guy. Not on the forums and not in person. While I originally studied the martial arts out of physical insecurity, I've never been keen on actually hurting people. So the thought that I had just removed a person's eyeball was terrifying to me.

For the next five minutes I tried to coax him out of his ball so I could check his face. I was pleading with him, with God, and everything else in this universe that he was going to be okay.

Finally he uncurled. The first thing I noticed was that his glasses were missing a lens. I had popped his glasses. I breathed a loud sigh of relief and praised the powers that be.

So I helped him to his feet, and made it clear to him that surprising a trained martial artist was dangerous. I didn't bother telling him that if the attack had been done with any skill he would have clobbered me. Why arm an idiot? I told him that I wouldn't tell anyone (I'm a nice guy at heart), and that it could remain between us.

Well, the next time I go to pick up my girlfriend, he has seen fit to tell the story to everyone. Except in his version, we had a full-out battle with me pulling out various weapons while he held me off with the broomstick.

What a pr!ck...

some guy tried to do a backhand string in order to avoid my jabs
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

i thought this thread could be revived.
    where's my beer?

ok...this one comes from when i was like 8 yrs old or so...
    got into a fight with a kid from the neighborhood (very common occurance) and in the middle of it, he decided to climb up a fence (??) and throw kicks at me (!?). after missing a kick, i grabbed his ankle with one hand and his balls with the other and slammed him into the ground.

this one isn't a real fight, but really funny to me...
    when i was like 10 or so i was in shotokan karate and for yellow belt test, we had to spar the sensei. obviously he took it easy on us.
    sensei threw a big crescent kick way over my head and his foot landed on the other side of me. he had his back to me so i took the opportunity...and kicked him square in the ass. he had to stop sparring from laughing too hard.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

a ridiculous stunt during a fight

i was at a frat party a while back. I was 18 yrs old, and drunk, and I decided it would be pretty funny if I threw some shampoo at this guy who kept hitting on the girl I was there with. I really didnt want to fight him, only to throw the shampoo on him ( I was VERY mature back then, as you can see ), and incidentally, the shampoo just happened to land right on the crotch area of his pants. I SWEAR I wasnt aiming there, but he decided to flip out anyway. He put his hands up in a martial arts pose and executed a spear hand thrust at my stomache! (a spear hand is a technique when four fingers -excluding thumb- are thrust at the target). I'm not really sure who the hell taught him how to fight, but he was very confident. It really had no effect on me, since I was doing very high impact training at the time. After he made the strike he kept his hand out there, and it was shaking! It was like a bruce lee movie pose or something. In my happy drunkenness, I actually laughed and told him to stop doing that or I would get angry. I wasnt sure if he was serious yet. But alas, he tried the same move again!!! And after striking my stomache, he left his hand out shaking, still against my solar plexus, as if I was going to collapse or something any minute lke in the movies. By now I was annoyed, and I grabbed his hand and twisted it as hard as I could. He was bent over in pain and I kicked him once with my boot. Right away someone broke us apart and after that he sat in the corner holding his wrist for the rest of the night. I stayed and drank with his friends. The whole incident actually took place in the bathroom. We kept seeing this kid at parties after that too.

hmmm when i was 11 and in primary school we were all playing handball as usual during lunch. anyway this idiot kept pushing in and not waiting in line properly i warned him not to do it again. so he agrees and as soon as he gets out playing he pushes in again. being really peed off now cos i was waiting in line, i grabbed him put him in an arm lock and slammed him against the wall. trapping him to the wall he wasn't able to get out of it...everyone knows how stand up locks are so difficult to hold .

so being the mr nice guy i told him to stop pushing in. he said yes yes he would. he asked me to let him go. and i said ok if i let u go you have to agree to stop this and not fight as well. he agreed. the next thing u know being so innocent i let go of him and turn my back to him and he throws a punch at my back which lands with a thump. being my back i didnt' feel a thing. anyway he tells me off and says he is gonna sue me and me being a 11 yr old believed him. i went with my friend to ask my teacher whether i would get sued and would i need a lawyer lol.

not being familiar with the law i was really worried !!

friday
    I don't believe your story EVERY American knows that what makes their legal system the BEST is that they're not responsible for their own actions.
    Michael

I like to think of it as the positive aspect of negative thinking.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words