Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lay Fut (Tat Mau Wong)

Pretty much the same but slightly different. I have seen a few different versions all with the same general moves but each slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by yutyeesam
    Get them while you can, I don't think these are being reproduced anymore, so they are quite valuable.

As far as I know, we have a a crane form and a tiger form. Don't know about the other Animals. I think Sifu Mak Hin Far's school has Fu-Pow Kune on video, see http://www.makskungfu.com/products/videos/Video.html

Does anyone know if the LKH lineage of Ng Lun Ma differs from Doc Fai Wong's?

Meh, why would I need the video, I can just learn the form from my Sifu when the time comes!!!

Peace

Futshan Bak Mei has a pure leopard form, Fa Pow (Fancy/spotted Panther). No video though.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

White Eyebrow right? Interesing.

Funny how leopard seems to be the most rare on it's own when it's usually features linear punching and kicking.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

From what I've seen of my Sifu's Leopard, it's essence lies in the evasiveness and wit of an animal that's not as neccesarily as strong as it's bigger striped brother. 75% of what he's shown me is from a one knee bent or crouched position, involving dodging, moving in on the strike, and literally striking the strike. Ex. Striking the knuckles of a straight punch, striking at the bracheal radialus muscle of the forearm on a hookpunch.

It's also probably one of the least "available" because, as I was told, it's the least developed of the core animal styles, and the most physicall demanding. I'll attest to the second half, extremely cardiovascularly demanding.

Yes, leopard requires strong legs in order to do the lunging attacks, and good upper body strength.

I think Choy Lay Fut managed to develop it much more than other styles, we use it more than the other animals.

Leopard In Choy Lay Fut

Our style of Choy Lay Fut has a pure Leopard form in it. My Sifu, Grandmaster Chan Tai-San, said that it was originally a "Leopard Style" (and I actually was introducted to a Sifu that did that actual style) form and it was incorporated into our Choy Lay Fut at the Joyous Cloud Monastery. (Often called the "Green Cloud Monastery" by mistake)

The form is very hot, 202 moves and quite a few groundfighting techniques. Has all the common moves you associate with the Leopard, but has some very funky throws that I haven't ever seen anyone else do.

I will eventually put it on DVD and along with the first 10 of our Choy Lay Fut forms and Lama Pai Forms.

the best in your training.

Sifu Michael Parrella
    Master Parrella's Kung-Fu Centers
    www.nykungfu.com
    www.antiqueasianweapons.com

I for one would be very interested in purchasing any of your CLF DVD's. I have always been a great admierer of your Late Master and would very much like to see his branch of CLF.
    A wise man knows, that to know is to know that to know is not to know

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu
    Our style of Choy Lay Fut has a pure Leopard form in it. My Sifu, Grandmaster Chan Tai-San, said that it was originally a "Leopard Style" (and I actually was introducted to a Sifu that did that actual style) form and it was incorporated into our Choy Lay Fut at the Joyous Cloud Monastery. (Often called the "Green Cloud Monastery" by mistake)

The form is very hot, 202 moves and quite a few groundfighting techniques. Has all the common moves you associate with the Leopard, but has some very funky throws that I haven't ever seen anyone else do.

I will eventually put it on DVD and along with the first 10 of our Choy Lay Fut forms and Lama Pai Forms.

the best in your training.

Sifu Michael Parrella
    Master Parrella's Kung-Fu Centers
    www.nykungfu.com
    www.antiqueasianweapons.com
    When the DVDs are available, I'll be sure to buy some (if they are for sale).

Tat Mau Wong's CLF videos are available again through century TAT MAU WONG

They have been discounted to only 10 bucks a pop...good deal
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Tat Mau Wong Panther Video Question

An old training borther of mine stopped by and dropped off one of Wong Sifu's Panther Videos, because he has since quit KF.

Anyway, it is tape 3 (5 Animal Form and Tuet Jin Hand Form)

Anyone know what Tuet Jin means in English?

I already checked DFW's website (cause he has a lot of forms listed), but it wasn't there. There was something close

Quote Originally Posted by www.plumblossom.net
    Iron Arrow Long Fist Form (Tit Jin Cheong Kuen) 鐡箭長拳
    But I wasn't sure if this was the same thing? Any of my fellow CLF'ers know the answer?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Blog Entries
    Tid Jin Cheung Kuen and Tuet Jin Kuen mean totally different things.

Tid Jin Cheung Kuen=Iron Arrow Long Fist

Tuet Jin Kuen=Break Hold Fist

I also refer to it as "Escape the Circle" Fist because some of the techniques are designed to get you out of a circle of attackers.

This name similarity had me confused for a long time.

FP

Gracias Fu-Pow
    ------
    Jason

erm, our school used to call it - "the great escape form" - this came from master LKH circa 1987. I have a home video tape from master LKH which was made during that time, where they zoom into a peace of paper with the names of the forms performed. On that it says its called 'war escape form'. Fu pows breaking holds fist is probably the closest.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )