Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to be a Ninja

well u have to admit it depends on the girl.. not so much on the costume
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Depends on the girl?

By definition the sexy ninja is sexy. But it doesn't have to be a girl (gotta give face to the women, right stacey?)

It start a whole new fetish, sort of like furries, but ninjas. Then it would just be the costume. There's already a certain B&D element built in, and black is always sexy. Yeah baby, then I'd make some serious sales and could afford to put my kid through college!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Angry

"It start a whole new fetish, sort of like furries, but ninjas. Then it would just be the costume. There's already a certain B&D element built in, and black is always sexy. Yeah baby, then I'd make some serious sales and could afford to put my kid through college"

This from a guy who always claims kids read the forums.
    Don't go too crazy, huh Gene?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Stacey Guest

Ryu? Iron will of a Mideival night?

You mean like raping turkish children in the mosques?

Ok so the Janisaries did the same when they took Hagia Sophia. Their screams were heard above the church bells.

Then again, I suppose it the janisaries/knights werent doing it, the catholic/muslum priests were.

I can't tell if that looks more like a ninja mask or a burqua

Talking

More like the fictional Arthurian knights who do only good things.

And just like them, I'm about to "vanish" from the history of this thread.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

gene -

naah it still depends on the girl
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ttt 4 2019! (slightly OT)

Ninja history student gets top marks after handing in 'blank' piece of paper... once her teacher realises her essay is written in invisible ink
    Eimi Haga had been interested in ninjas and their history since childhood
    Professor promised high marks for 'creativity' on writing assignment
    First-year student used special paper and ink made from soybean for writing
    She nonetheless wrote instructions in regular ink on how to read the assignment
    By MAILONLINE REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 04:15 EDT, 10 October 2019 | UPDATED: 10:08 EDT, 10 October 2019

Any student who turns in a blank piece of paper for a writing assignment might expect to fail - unless they were using ninja stealth.

Eimi Haga, in her first year of studying ninja history at Japan’s Mie University, did just that when she was asked to write about a visit to the Ninja Museum of Igaryu.

She wrote her essay using 'aburidashi' - the ninja technique that uses ink made from soybean which does not immediately show up on paper.

Ninjas were covert agents and assassins in medieval Japan, known for their unorthodox war techniques.

First-year Japanese student Eimi Hagas holding her writing assignment, which she wrote in invisible ink, for a class on the history of ninjas. Her professor had promised higher marks for creativity when writing the assignment in exchange

Making the ink meant that Ms. Haga needed to soak soybeans overnight and then crush them, according to the BBC.

Next came mixing the soybean extract with water, needing another two hours to reach the right concentration - before writing her essay with a fine brush on 'washi' (thin Japanese paper).

Ms Haga learned the technique as a chills, when she also became interested in ninjas after watching an animated TV show about them.

The words became invisible when the ink dried, but Ms. Haga also left a note in normal ink that instructed her professor to 'heat the paper' - to ensure he didn't put the essay in the bin.

Professor Yuji Yamada, a leading researcher of ninja history, said that the words appeared when her professor heated the paper over his gas stove.

Yamada also did not hesitate to give Ms. Haga full marks for the report.

As for the essay itself, Ms Haga said it had more style than substance. But she is now thinking of other ways to write essays, using ninja techniques.

Mie University set up the International Ninja Research Center in 2017 to learn about the secrets of feudal Japan’s secret agents and mercenaries.

The assignment in its original form, plus handwritten instructions in regular ink on how to read it.

The university then offered a course to study ninja and their skills in 2018, Japanese daily Asahi Shimbun stated.

The institute of higher learning is in Iga in Mie Prefecture and Koka in Shiga Prefecture - each of which are famous for their ninja clans.

The university then started to offer a course to study ninja and their skills in 2018, Japanese daily Asahi Shimbun stated.
    THREADS
    How to be a Ninja
    Ninjas!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Genichi Mitsuhashi

Genichi Mitsuhashi said he took the practical aspect of being a ninja to heart. Photo: Courtesy of Genichi Mitsuhashi/AFP
    National

Japanese university awards first-ever ninja studies degree
    June 28 06:27 am JST
    TOKYO

Japan has its first ninja studies graduate after Genichi Mitsuhashi spent two years honing his martial arts skills and absorbing the finer traditions of the feudal martial arts agents.

The 45-year-old completed the master's course at Mie University in central Japan, the region considered the home of the ninja.

In addition to researching historical documents, Mitsuhashi told AFP he took the practical aspect of being a ninja to heart.

"I read that ninjas worked as farmers in the morning and trained in martial arts in the afternoon," he said.

So Mitsuhashi grew vegetables and worked on his martial arts techniques, in addition to copious ninja study in the classroom.

"With this combination, I thought I could learn about the real ninja," he said.

Better known as black-clad assassins famous for secrecy and stealth, ninjas also had "comprehensive survival skills," he added.

Mitsuhashi, who has also learned kung fu and a Japanese martial art known as Shorinji Kempo, teaches ninja skills at his own dojo and runs a local inn while pursuing his PhD.

The Mie University set up the world's first research centre devoted to the ninja in 2017 and opened a graduate course a year later.

It is located in Iga -- 350 kilometers southwest of Tokyo -- a mountain-shrouded city once home to many ninja.

Yuji Yamada, a professor of Japanese history at the university in charge of the ninja center, was surprised at Mitsuhashi's devotion to the task.

"We provide historical classes and courses on ninja skills. But I didn't expect him to engage to this extent" like a real living ninja, Yamada said.

To enrol, students have to take an exam on Japanese history and a reading test on historical ninja documents.

"About three students enrol every year. I think there's demand," the professor said. "We get many inquiries from overseas but I have to say one thing: This is a course to learn about the ninja, not to become one."
    Threads
    Ninjas!
    How-to-be-a-Ninja
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips