Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Warriors

I have also recently spent time in China and have read Both articles from Anthony and John. I didn't have the privilage of being in Shaolin Village, as I was busy teaching elswhere. Please dont see their comments as a reason to be put off From going to China. While I find their stories to be an extremely acurate representation of life in , not only Sholin but China in general, I urge you to take this as a handy guide to: Still go, but be prepared..this is how life is here..but in saying, there is no experience like it...if you're after an authentic Chinese expereience, Go to China...

better the devil you know

Cheers guys and thnx for the articles. love your work

I saw Warriors last night. It was really awesome, quite pleased with it. They aren't actual monks right? I spoke some Chinese with them, but they speak to quickly for me to understand still.

Great show though. Wheel is better in my opinion.
    /////////////
    Benjamin

Warrior wheel

Well said Blooming Lotus! We have truly bloomed indeed. Why I remember when you were first just emailing me to ask about going to China... I'm so glad you went and evenmore gald that you could take the bitter and still taste the sweet. China is very sweet, but bittersweet, a land of contrasts, of hardships, of yin and yang.

The Warriors and Wheel performers are all warrior monks, a special class of monks retained by Shaolin. They do not take all the vows of a fully indoctrinated Buddhist monk.

You all really have to read my latest article on this coming out in our next issue - JAN FEB 2004 - subscribers should be getting it right about.....now!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

For what it's worth, I thought Wheel of Life was much better. Warrior came off to me kinda of silly at times spinning on their stools in the smoke. The show was not put together as well as Wheel. But I did see a guy there in Lexington speaking to one of the monks and I thought that he could have been Gene.

It wasn't me in Lexington

Here's our new issue with that story I mentioned above. It's titled Shaolin's Second Wave. Check it out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I recently saw or heard somewhere that the wheel of life will be in sydney in the nxt couple of mths and took note because I may be in the coutry..Have no idea wher I got this information, does anyone have further details???

Shaolin Warriors show

Anyone else in Houston seen this? The Society of Performing Arts is putting it on Oct 27-28 at Jones Hall here in Houston. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.spahouston.org/CalendarList.aspx?series=0

Shaolin Demo

Helllo Nards,
    This is the first I have heard ,we will have keeep posting

wow another shaolin show?
    but aww...dat on halloween weekend...that when i usually go to austin....grrrrrr
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX

First I've seen of it. I might try to go.

Houston Shaolin Tour

Many of you already know there will be a Shaolin Tour in Houston.
    It will be Oct 27-28 at Jones Hall.
    Any planning to go?

Shaolin Warriors

You mean this? That's the same show that's coming here to the S.F. area. I've seen an earlier version of this, but the 007 tour is probably updated. I'm sure it has a slightly different cast. The casts tend to rotate for each tour.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i plan to go
    but thats halloween weekend
    and i plan to go to austin to party also
    so i probably wont go to this show
    unless i am not in austin
    =)

Spend time with your family.
    or go to Austin to party.
    Theres been a lot of Shaolin shows in Houston
    most of them are the same.

Anyone know if they are coming to Dallas since they are going to be here in TX anyways?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.