Thread: White Phoenix ?

White Phoenix ?

Hi everyone,
    I just saw a new scool in Aspen ,Co. it's called White Phoenix Acadamies. The flyer says there are schools in California,and Puerta Rico, the door says Shaolin and Tai-chi. the Sifu's name is JOel Castillo, He claims the title of grandmaster and the pamphlet says he trained in San Fransisco and China but never mentions his Sifu's name. Does anybody know anything about this system? The pamphlet also mentions heaven & earth ass.
    Thanks for any info.
    tomcat

white phoenix

I stopped by this kwoon the other day ,no on was there at the time but I could see certificates on the wall they were for SHAOLIN CHI BIY FUNG WONG STYLE I assume buy is white and fung is phoenix but what is Wong style? the certificates list his master as Xing Wa Li . Has anyone heard of these?

Thanks Tomcat
    tomcat

White Pheonix

TOMCAT THE BIY FUNG WONG PAI SYSTEM WAS CREATED AROUND 1644 DURING THE CHING DYNASTY BY A MONK NAMED MING GUAN.IT WAS PASSED DOWN TO SIFU JOEL XAO CASTILLO BY THE GREAT GRANDMASTER XING WAH LI IN THE SF BAY AREA BEFORE HIS DEATH IN JULY OF 96.IF YOU STUDIED HUNG GAR THEN YOU WILL LIKE PHEONIX.THE FOOTWORK IS SIMALAR,ALSO HAS TIGER CRANE AND FIVE ELEMENTS FORMS ALONG WITH DRUNKEN BOXING... ETC WEAPONS AND PHEONIX IS ALOT OF DIM MAK PRESSURE POINT STUFF. HOPE THIS HELPS

Was Ming Guan one of the survivors of the destruction of the Shaolin temple?
    Got Lineage?

Invisiblefists

Thanks for the info! Are you a student of Sifu Joel , or is there someone teaching the system in denver ? I still haven't got to meet him , I work in Aspen but it's a 100 mile drive each way,plus I teach 3 classes a week in Battlement Mesa ,so time is always a problem,but I look foreward to meeting Sifu Joel,and possibly training with him in the future!
    Do you know if he has an E-mail address? or website?
    Thanks Tomcat
    tomcat