Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some help! please read! Its about Wushu Kung fu

I need some help! please read! Its about Wushu Kung fu

Hello! I have a question for whoever reads this ( hopefully some of you read! i really need help ) : I really want to find a place to train in Wushu kung fu like they do in Iron monkey, because one of my goals for life was to be a great martial artist. Also i was wondering, i live in Darien Connecticut, where is the nearest place(s) to take these types of kung fu? My goal of my life is to be able to fight like they did, or even be well at Kung Fu and be able to do all those ninja techniques.. please respond! Thanks!

I really hope i can find a place near me! i really want to be able to learn those quick techniques, thanks!

Question

I guess this was your old dojo eh?

Lee's School Of Judo Karate
    128 Post Rd. Darien USA
    (203) 655-8518
    It's all I found!

*cough* troll *cough*

Sorry, can't recommend anywhere for you.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

"I really want to find a place to train in Wushu kung fu like they do in Iron monkey"
    * Simple, just get some mates around, wrap a few feet of steel wire around yourself. Throw the wire over a high support and give the other end to your friends. Now insturct your friends to run in the other direction and jump into the air whilst flailing your legs around franticaly.
    Congratualations your now half way there, for the other half you simply need about 10 years as a senior in ones of Chinas many Wushu acadmeys

There is also the option of playing the fight scences though frame by frame on DVD and then trying to poorly imitate the movements. This is the prefered option of myself

Go learn Hung Ga or Tai Shing Pek Kwar, its what there 'supposed' to be doing
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

And when you are finished with what
    Jon suggested.

You will have to travel to Japan to enroll into the NINJA University for those awesome "Ninja Technqiues".

Don't worry you will be given a Certificate of a no-longer existant Clan.

Ooops, gots omething wrong with the old Throat: grrrr Troll Grrrrr

Something affecting our Throats in this Thread.

I don't know if this guy is a troll, I think you guys might be a bit paranoid. My advice would be this:

-Read lots of stuff about Kung Fu. Jon has previously stated what styles they are supposed to be doing in the movie.

-Be aware that what is best for combat, and what you will probably be doing if you train Kung Fu, is completley different in appearance to what is in the movie.

- So, with that in mind, do you still want to learn Kung Fu?

If you do, find a school, they'll all advertise probably, and they'll be on the net.

Good luck, but I think you need a dose of reality as to what Kung Fu is.

The problem with a highly sensitive troll filter is that it probably filters out naive young hopefuls too.

If you're serious, look long and hard before committing time and money. Better to spend a few months looking for what you want rather then jump into the first avaibale or convenient place.

If you want to fight, well you just made it hard on yourself because 80% of schools out there are form factories. They give you th euniforms (after you pay) show you some basic stuff and then keep feeding you forms. Be careful.

Look for a school that trains there students like boxers. Are they doing glove work. Are they fighting? Of coarse not for you coming in the door new, but talk to the advanaced seniors. Ask them, how fosuced is the training on fighting.

You'd be surprised, you'll hear a lot of crap about learning through the form and spiritual this and that. Run from these schools. You can go to church or dancing lessons for that.

Find a school dealing with FIGHTING PRINCIPLES AND THEORIES. That's what you need. Tons of guys look good doing forms, then put them in a ring and they cowar like a little bi ... no need to go there.

Principles and theory. With that you can go home and teach yourself.

Its hard. Don't know conneticut so can't advise. Good luck. If you're willing to take a train or drive into Manhattan (don;'t know the distance for you) I have THE place.

all non-martial artists aint trolls people
    well actually, they are.. but not as serious as the typical Ralek or Stacey
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yeah, that's my problem, i have at last 150 martial arts magazines and have been trying to find this... But my location really messed me up. Connecticut is a pretty barren place, its not like new york at all... Where is the place Inn Manhatten you were talking about? I probably cannot go to a place more htan 30 minutes away though =(

Thanks for the help anyway, guess ill just try to teach myself until i move or sumthin

And also WHAT IS A TROLL?

CT Wushu

Check out the Shaolin Wushu Center, 1735 Ellington RD. Town Center, Bldg 5, South Windsor, CT 06074, 860-648-2788. It's run by Master Hu Jianqiang, who starred in the original Shaolin Temple movies alongside Jet Li. Also you might check out Malee's School of Tai Chi - Kung Fu, 806-808 Main St. Peters Building, Manchester, CT 06040 860-646-6818 run by Master Malee Khow www.malees-tai-chi-kung-fu.com. Both schools are distributors of Kungfu Qigong Magazine, so you can be assured they know what magazine to carry.
    150 mags? Youv'e been reading the wrong ones.

And you guys are all getting a little troll paranoid. Can't you tell an earnest question anymore? You can't blame the youth. You can't fool the youth...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

another school in conn...

there's also this one:

Ai Ping Tai Chi & Wushu Center
    Instructor - Ai Ping Cheng
    535 Boston Post Road, Orange, CT
    aipingtaichi@bigplanet.com

I think she's a former wushu athlete from China.

either she or hu jian chang would both be good teachers...

Hi Gene.

...and be able to do all those ninja techniques..

This is what set Troll Bells and Alarms of for me.
    CMA & Ninja techniques. Hmmm.

As for the rest of the Post it sounded like a teen that just wants to look cool & impressive.

Aheyne, you have to be willing to look around, no matter how barren your location may be. Hell, I live on the gulf coast of Alabama, but I found a little gem of a place here run by a somewhat well known sifu surrounded by all the karate and TKD McDojo's. He disn't advertise at that time, and now his advertisements are mainly through us students and little flyers, so it was very hard to find.

Word of mouth helps. If you know anyone who is into any sort of MA, talk to them. The Yellow Pages may not be the only place to look.

Or you can move down here and I can introduce you to Sifu!