Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pak Mei Video Program

MoQ Guest
    less than beautiful - you gotta cease the trolling. If you are NOT the WuLinLegend troll, then I guess it's just a coincidence that you are a troll too.... and, you are the one that posted your email... :rolleyes:

How come everyone who brags about their gung fu skills can't even control themselves???

anyway, take a chill pill or find another venue for your "beautiful" BS...

tonfas Guest
    Hello Amigo - MoQ

You are doing all the talking, not me.

You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk.

A man's got to know his limitations.

You call me BS, yes i am the woman, ofcourse i am the best service, is that what you meant? Do you want me to service you??? free samples.

Sorry, i am still beatiful

Shaolin Woman

MoQ Guest
    Man I hate it when that happens... :D

My only hope is that it wasn't on purpose.
    HAHA- What's up with this Aussie Troll Syndrome?

ROTFLMFAO! Tonfas you have just made my DAY!!! hahaha

[This message was edited by MoQ on 03-19-01 at 06:56 PM.]

beautiful Guest
    Hi MoQ,

You win, i lose, nothing to say.

Atlease i see you happy, do not take it so hard, you known one things, BS is very important in this forum. otherwise why people used difference name???

The shaolin woman :)

CLOUD ONE Guest

Who takes the resposibility????

Ngor Mei,
    There seems to be some confusion in your posts. If Andy Truong teaches BAK MEI to instructer level( which means to me the receipient has the authority to call himself a BAK MEI sifu )why would he/she not be recognised by his BAK MEI lineage. Only a Wah Nam instructer???

Your Sifus statement "Good can turn to bad, bad can turn to good-everyone deserves a chance"
    Have you asked him who is resposible???

From the creed of your kung fu club, how would Andy know his video students upheld these???

Does Andy go through Bai See with his students???

fiercest tiger Guest

cloud one

sifu andy represents wah nam, he teaches bak mei under wah nam. although he teaches bak mei, dragon and jow gar he cannot say he is bak mei when teaching other systems. thats why all his students are bak mei instructors under wah nam kung fu academy.

i maybe wrong, ill try and find out!

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

MoQ Guest
    CLOUD1/sui-fuw, I don't know what you guys think you're tryin' to save? Wing Chun, T'ai Chi, Bak Mei... it's all just gonna be pieces of a personal crosstraining regimen pretty soon. If everybody is just competing for attention "No, look at ME, buy MY products!", all is laid out for the buzzards to pick at.

This BagwaBoxer turned out to be a Major Troll "ironvest" and even confessed to being the old "bakmae_" troll from a few mos. back! This whole thread is me takin' cr@p from Truong's peeps for trying to keep people like Truong and the bakmae_ troll apart. All I hear from Truong is an indirect "Why's MoQ messin' with my business?"...

who are we?

just thought i'd throw my two cents in.
    i've spoken to many "long distance" instructors from kempo, karate, wing chun, hsing i chuan, and more...they all are very well respected because of rank, and lineage wise. and they all told me personally that people can learn from video. if the videos are set up correctly and the student applies themselves, why not? why does it matter if the learning is in person or by video? the question is, can the instructor properly convey the information via video? and can the student comprehend it?

all of them have tests...most insist that for instructor level or black belt that the student test in person. and some of them insist the you go to their school periodically (maybe once or twice a year) for personal training/testing. and all of them insist you have a partner. how good you become is not their problem but yours! if you only play chi sao with one person, of course your results will be limited. but who really does that? and most of the time they have and insist you use correspondance with your instructor via email, telephone, occasional trips...even video confrence online.

lazy people will simply be that....too lazy to train themselves. it takes more motivation to get up and watch the video and train yourself than it does to simply go to class with everyone else. it also takes more organizational skills, especially if you start a small study group or something.

sure there is not substitute for dojo/kwoon training...and there are alot of benefits to be gained by simply practicing with other people. but that is not to say someone simply cannot learn the art from properly formatted videos. i even had one 9th dan pioneer in the okinawan martial arts tell me his long distance students actually learn and progress FASTER than his regular students because they train anytime they want to, they have the instructor at their fingertips. a kenpo instructor said the same thing publicly, sometimes the video students pick it up BETTER. they are all tested. because there are not schools in a persons area....they seem to want it more than someone who lives down the road from the school. (generally speaking that is)

the hsing i instructor told me his videos arent necessarily a home study program, but it is possible....the bottom line is this...................can you pass the test?

if all of these respected masters of their various arts say it works, who are we to argue?

my thing is simply that...alot of videos are not all that INSTRUCTIONAL...but demonstrative in nature. but if the system is designed from the ground up to be instructional, step by step....i don't see why it wouldnt work.

if these guys are willing to stake their reputations on this method...who are we to argue with them?

Wow... 7 years...

But he remembers it like it was yesterday...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"