Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple Kung Fu, O.E. Simon: Court Records?

Question Temple Kung Fu, O.E. Simon: Court Records?

Hello,

I am looking for information regarding court reords and/or transcripts involving action against or involving the Temple Kung Fu Association, and/or Olaf E. Simon (aka O.E. Simon ).

I'm having a tough time getting the exact info, since this action occurred in Canada. If anyone has a case or docket number, approximate date, court case was tried in, name of attorney(s) involved, or a transcript, I would like to hear from you, as I am gathering materials regarding this group.

Please contact me or pass on my email [ mc_busman@Bigmailbox.net ] to someone who might be able to help.

Sincerist Thanks,

M.C. Busman

mc_busman@Bigmailbox.net

Court records for O.E Simon

I also would be interested in seeing these court records. I tried the link in the last thread on the subject of Temple Kung Fu but it only lead to the main page for Kung Fu Magazine. (Perhaps admin made changes to the post?)
    If someone can post a link or send me a copy at Dragon_RASP@hotmail.com
    it would be greatly appriciated.
    "A master can never be a champion, and a champion can never be a master."

i may be able to help

apparently one martial arts instructor in my city(edmonton) has taken him to court. his website is down at the moment so i cant give you any information today. apparently this guy trained there, and became an instructor. then for reasons i am not exactly sure of, he took simon to court. i know that in one of his court cases he did admit that he did'nt know kung-fu and that he actually did kempo that he learned from his uncle. he also admitted that he never went to china. i'm not sure if this guy will be cooperative but it is worth a try. i will give you his e-mail address as soon as i can- if i am wrong, or you are treated rudely in your search i am sorry, but it really is worth a try- good luck, i'll get back to you soon

odd

***Edited***
    Last edited by Dragon; 04-11-2002 at 01:59 AM.
    "A master can never be a champion, and a champion can never be a master."

Red face Point blank Olaf Simon's Temple studio is not Kung Fu

Sorry to burst your bubble but Temple is not Kung Fu, period full stop end of sentence. This is not a matter of disrespect to a teacher of Kung Fu (Simon is not) but rather pointing out that Simon is a fraud, has been and always will be. Is it wrong to point out when someone is ripping off the less informed? It has nothing to do with respect, if Simon advertised strictly as Kenpo and left it at that no one would probably have a problem with him. Little further background on Simon, his studios started out as Simon's Karate & Guitar Studios. When the early seventies Kung Fu fad came about he adopted the 'Kung Fu' term.

As to his claim of having studied in China not likely as the time that he would have studied (prior to opening the schools) the Shaolin temple was in a state of disrepair with only a religious monk or two around. More importantly China it self was closed, Communism, cultural revolutions. Even if he did manage to get past those obstacles then there would have been language barriers.

I've got experience in several styles of CMA and have also trained in various parts of Asia in my younger years. I've also seen what Simon offers, spoke with my friend that had the Simon student drop into his class (as mentioned in a previous post, probably the one you are referring to). It could well be that he was lying about his black belt, however the individual in question was dating a girl in my friends class which is how the drop in came about. She knew him to be an instructor there. Funny enough the Simon student couldn't even keep up with this girl (much less the class), whom had only been in my friend's school for about a year.

Speak to some of the Chinese Martial Arts instructors here in Vancouver that run legitimate Kung Fu schools, they all think Simon & his Temple are a resounding joke.

Dirt on OESimon

Dragon:

I would love to hear some dirt on old GMSimon it would be very entertaining.

I would be more interested, however, if you had any information relating to illegal/shady business practices of TKF, especially instances where students or instructors challenged the school and received refunds.

BTW you've got guts to defend the TKF style on this forum, good on you. When I left that school I had no problems with the style, but I couldn't respect someone trying to scam me and other students and if I couldn't respect the school then I couldn't commit to the training. Moved on now...
    Yeah thats MR. Sleazy to you!

He awarded the trophy to Ed Parker for winning the first tournament
    Are you trying to say that Ed Parker one the first International Karate Championships held in Long Beach, California? You mean the tournament that Ed Parker himself sponsored and ran for decades?

Before I suggest that you are smoking crack, maybe you meant something else?

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Dragon stop talking s**t

Kung Fu !....whatever buddy ....I used to train with Mr Murry and Mr Iurillo...so stop talking S**t ,i was part of the scarbro!!!!! school, more like Ed Parkers kempo, and the guy who took him to court was Richard Shergold (sp?) i confronted Mr Murry, about the whole thing, plus i was reading what you posted in the mcsensi thread, Mr Irullo hasn't fought any one, and Mr Murry is a clown, dont belive every thing you are told there buddy!

How come you no longer teach for them?

Skard1.....check the sig!!!
    Last edited by Skarbromantis; 04-10-2002 at 01:48 PM.
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Me wanna hear dirt on temple kung fu...I mean temple karate-do.
    Thankyou and god bless da dali shing e lalala
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

a black belt in hung gar? jebus, apparently the japanese are more influential in china than most chinese would readily admit.

seriously, this whole belt thing in CMA is a joke.

however, as far as you being a former instructor of oe simon's that admits the scamming and crap, i'm curious if you and fellow instructors were directed to treat students this way and who would have directed them as such.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

for the life of me i cannot find any information on the "tukien shuilin temple" of southern china.

anyway, to each their own and make sure you put the right labels on your cans or it's vegetable surprise for dinner again, if ya get my inference.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dragon

-the guy i mentioned was none of the ones you mentioned, he only taught for a couple years when he was quite young, and then he left and apparently took simon to court. after that he trained at several other schools and eventually opened his own school that teaches mainly kung-fu, but also kempo(which he learned at simon's).
    - i actually have met mr. martel before. i posted about my sressful experience several months ago, but i'm afraid i don't have time to post it all again. basically what happened was that i saw a listing in the yellow pages for chinese kempo not realising that simon's had listed themselves under a whole bunch of names. anyway i called the number and the guy said "temple kung fu" but i mistook him for saying "kempo kung-fu". he did'nt want to give any info on the phone so he invited me down. when i went there i discovered from the sign that it was temple, but i did'nt want to be rude and not show up so i went in. anyway i sat in the junior instructor's office(don't remember his name) for a whole hour while he tried to convince me to join, i had said right away that i wanted a few days to think about it(since i did'nt want to be rude and say they suck). this guy did'nt want me to leave without paying him money, but i can't see how he could expect that if they did'nt even let me see what there instruction. they also fed me a bunch of obvious lies. example: we did a study and found out that 80% of the martial arts schools in calgary's instructors were green belts from temple. since calgary and edmonton are pretty much tkd towns i'm not sure what some guy who trained for 20 years in korea would be doing at simon's. also there answer for everything was that since temple system is the original system, it has all other systems within it and therefore i should'nt consider any other style. anyway by the end of it mr. martel came in and asked me when i would start classes. when i replied that i was'nt sure yet he said "if you were'nt sure why did you come here", then he told me to"get lost"
    - i must say that hour was one of the worst experiences of my life, and i'm not kidding.

-note: each temple school is indepenantly owned and operated so each schools conduct will be different.

scarbromantis/busman

ahh yes, richard shergold is the guy i was talking about, i shall have his email for you shortly

Bait and switch

This story that I found posted on the e-budo forum reminds me of Temple Kung Fu:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/200...nov27a_00.html

TKF also uses the "bait and switch" with their contract structure. Hopefully someday there will be a story about TKF like this one.
    Yeah thats MR. Sleazy to you!

i have now sent richard shergold's email to busman, hopefully he will keep us updated