Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Fights! : Would You Break Up These Fights?

Talking Hypothetical Fights! : Would You Break Up These Fights?

Do you study martial arts for self-defense and the defense of loved ones, or does your martial arts training extend to those who appear to be in obvious need of some assistance. Answer the below numbered situations and find out how you stand in regards to other martial artists!

Treat the below situations as if it were happening within two feet of where you are standing indoors, in a mall, but nobody besides yourself sees what is going on.

What would you do in each of the following circumstances (Answer any one or all of them):

1) Between two kids, one who is larger than the other and has the obvious advantage. For the sake of numbers, we'll say one is 10 years old and the other is 14. They are swinging fists at eachother, but haven't made any serious contact yet, but the fight is about to escalate into something nasty if someone doesn't step in. One concern for yours is the legal liability if somehow they get hurt while you get into the mix in an attempt to stop them.

2) Two teenagers, 15-18, one who is larger than the other and has the obvious advantage. We'll say for statistics sake one is 6'0, 185lbs (not very musucal), and the other is 5'2 (120lbs).

3) A female teenager and a male teenager, they are about to start clobbering on eachother and the male is larger then the female by at least five inches. He looks like he could do some serious damage.

4) Two male teenagers, the smaller one takes something from the larger one (let's say his portable cd player). The larger one says give it back, and the smaller one says, 'come and get it'. The larger one is about to clobber the smaller one.

5) Two adult men, one accidently bumpt into the other mans lady while walking by her, his stats 130lbs, 5'6. The man with the woman(stats: 190lbs, 6'2) turns to him and says, 'What do you think your doing bumping into my woman like that you a-s-s-hole.' - The other man says, 'Oh excuse me, I am truly sorry'. The man with the woman says, 'You ain't getting off that easy punk' and approaches towards the man, his face red with anger and his fists clenched.

6) You see a woman slap a man accross the face and says, 'How dare you', and the man backhands her in the face making a cracking sound so loud it sounds like gunfire. You look over to see blood coming from a wound he made near her eye and he is beginning to raise his hand to backhand her a second time.

OK, lets hear it!

- Nexus
    Last edited by Nexus; 04-01-2002 at 12:18 PM.

I'll say what everyone else who read this thread is thinking.
    I'm not touching that with a 20 foot stick

1) Let them fight. There are good lessons to be learned at this age without being hurt too bad.

2) Same as number 1.

3) Hold the male back and let the chick fuuck him up.

4) Let nature take it's course. Biggie should romp on him. It's a lot more civilized than what the Saudi's do to people who steal.

5) Keep walking. I'd be p/o'd too.

6) Take him out. If the woman were to punt him in the nuts I think it would be grounds for a cross-gender physical inculcation as to why it wasn't a good idea, but a slap is just something you gotta take.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

1. Hey, what's a broken nose between friends? Let em at it.
    2. Probably let them go at it, depends on the specific situation.
    3. Unless she shows a real physical, permanantly damaging threat to him (like she has a weapon) I will never allow a man to hurt a woman.
    4. Dumb little b@st@rds gotta learn somehow.
    5. Yeah, like an indiot, I'd get in that one as well. I have in that situation before.
    6. Bad day for that guy.

All of that said, I'll never "jump between people" again. Raising big dogs you learn real quick to never get between two dogs fighting.

Now, walking up behind one of those dogs and smashing it's skull with a 2X4 is something entirely different, if you know what I mean.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

1) I would watch.

2)Hmmmm maybe call the cops if the big one is really going all out. Other than that not much.

3)Smack the guy for forgeting his manners.

4)He asked for it.

5)I would think the big guy is a A$$hole but i wouldnt do anything. If the big guy was really beating him down i'd call cops.

6)Teach the guy some respect.

Most of the time I wouldnt wanna fight some one elses battles. Theres no point gaining a enemy for some one else.

1) Break it up
    2) Break it up
    3) Stop him. Guys should never hit girls.
    4) The little jerk gets what he deserves. Just break it up if it goes to far.
    5)Stick up for the guy(if he needs it). Accidents happen.
    6)Guys should never hit women(unless its selfdefense). Hit a woman in front of me & I will mess you up.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

I'm stopping 1,3 and 5 every single time. (in fact, I stopped a fight between two 18 year olds on my corner two months ago and now the smaller one want to learn "kung Fu" from me).

I'd let the big kid give the little kid a good smack for taking his stuff. But if it looked like it was going to esculate to a full on beating, I'd stop it right away.

As for the last one. I'd go to break it up, but in the process be a little rough with the man and accidentaly pop him a good one too. I could only hope he'd fight back.

E-Fist

I'm curious as to why you would stop #1 but not #2.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I'm with JWT.

I was in the situation where i was in a club, just walkin about, it's very tightly packed, some guys b!tch starts grinding with me, i just kept walking, and her man had some sh.it to talk to me. I grabbed his throat and nearly ripped his trachea out, while pushing him into the wall. I gave it some verbal, asked him to repeat what he said, he suddenly went quiet. This guy was much bigger than me, don't know why i flipped. I walked away, nodded to security guard, and had a good night.

The only time a bouncer has ever been "nice" to me.
    Last edited by Sharky; 04-01-2002 at 04:52 PM.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

I like your style sharky, I really do.
    strike!

3 & 6, and maybe 5 (If I thought I could beat the guy) are the only one's that I would stop. Generally speaking I try to mind my own business. No point trying to be a superhero.

Thumbs up

I'm impressed guys.
    Maybe you don't make me cry after all.

Everyone knows the ones I'd physically intervene with.
    But the others I'd probably just yell out at them to let them know other people are watching, and cops could be on the way.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

1. watch
    2. watch
    3. depends. If they are a couple, then no. If they are not and the chick is hot, yeah.
    4. watch.
    5. watch
    6. depends. If they are a couple, then no. If they are not a couple and the chick is hot then maybe. It depends on what the guy did. If she said something like, "how dare you!... catch me punking out your mom." Then I'll watch.

1) let em go, but keep an eye for when one can't take anymore.
    2) i'd have to step in, being a smaller built frame myself. fuukin big kids, always trying to pick fights with the small ones. story of my youth. but i did have a big @ss mouth. if the littel kid is shook then i'm in there.
    3) no way i'm gonna stand by as a man hits a woman who is smaller. no way.
    4) the small kid deserves it. i'll watch smiling.
    5) i'd watch. i originally wrote that i'd step in if it got serious, but i don't think i would. eventhough i know the beef is over bs, it's not my affair. i keep thinking about the kid from Stand By Me who got shanked for playin the goodie goodie. fuuk that.
    6) oh hell no. dude is eating concrete no doubt. hurt him fast, hurt him bad, and be the fuuk out!
    Last edited by Justa Man; 04-01-2002 at 09:19 PM.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

i would break them all up
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'