Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nunchaku

Question Nunchaku

Hi,

Does anyone know of this book,

"Nunchakus in action", by Bruce Lee,

If so, is it any good, as i am wanting to leran the nunchaku but arent sure whats the best book, as i am very interested in Bruce Lee maybe a book by him is a good way to start.

Dave

Nope, sorry. I'm familiar with the book by Fumio Demura--it's pretty good.
    K. Mark Hoover

Yea he supposed to be a really good waepons expert but i just wondered if the Bruce Book was any good.

Dave

I havent heard of that book by bruce Lee.
    If you find it, tell me the #, i would like to obtain a copy.
    Im not sure it exists tho.

All the books on the nunchaku I have found are pretty poor. Do a web search for nunchaku, look at TKD sites, also the weapon is called "Tabla Tabla" in Kali weapon systems, you can find many videos and books on Kali weapons, including a series (3 videos) by Dan Insonanto - he touches on Tabla Tabla several times in each.
    strike!

Hi,

Yea i know what you mean i didnt know one exised either but when i was is this book store this man told me that i should look in a martial arts mag for a mail order company which seel some books or videos cos thats the best way he finds the stuff he wants.
    So i got martial arts mag and in it, in this store in kent in england it say Nunchaku in action by bruce lee, also the man mentioned that bruce lee had done one but that it was only a thin one.

Dave

Do you have any nunchaku yet?

If not, go buy a pair, foam or stringed wooden (the foam ones hurt less, but still hurt)

Then just start swinging them. You WILL learn. You WILL hurt.

Elbows are the fu(king worst.
    strike!

Hi,

Yea i got one about a month ago, a foam one with a attaching string. Yea ive been doing that but some of that more complacted movement i dont know so i cant try and learn them, but i agree just swinging it about is a good starting way to learn.

Dave

Fellow chucker eh?

strike!

Wink

i certainly am

Question Nunchaku...

I need to get hold of a good book or video that teaches Nunchaku. Any suggestions? I don't have access to a trainer right at the moment but I was shown the basics when I did. I'm more interested in the practical applications than the tricky forms and flips often associated with the nunchaku.

Thanks!
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

For practacality check out fiipino systems, they are very similar to the stick and butterfly knives. Filipino systems work for nearly all weapons regardless of what weapon they are actually taught with.

Check into other flexible weapons, 3 section staff, chinese whip, rope, table cloth, etc, etc.

There are a couple threads on the JKD forum and the street fighting forum.
    strike!

Thanks Yenhoi. I'll do just that. Anyone else can help me?
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Let experience be your guide. Take a pair of nunchuku. Think of a situation. Be appropriate.--Ernie Moore Jr~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

no_know is very correct.

learn pain, find knowledge, love nunchaku.
    strike!

learn pain..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."