Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nunchaku

34 in August, brother! Yikes...am I really that old??????
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ok, I'll be 36 in Aug. ****, we must be twins. Mines the 5th.

ok, so, like, you mastered the chucks when you were 14??
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by Oso
    oak is a bit brittle. maple has a bit more flex but I think is harder to find these days. I havn't shopped for any in a long time.

hmm, let's see...where oh where might I shop for some nunchaku???

That might be my problem. It could be the wood causing the "I" brace to fail.

Any way. I also like octogon over round.

Cound't open the catalog for the Okinawan site. I'll check with my favorite store, though.

P.S. Thanx to every one on their insites. I've always bought chain because I thought roap ( ) was shoddy. Sounds like I've been pretty deluded.

becca, try cutting and pasting or typing it in. It seemed to be a pretty traditional site with good, basic, no-frills weapons.

rope is just fine. goto a climbing store and ask for some 2 or 3 mm kevlar and restring it and you will have a hot set of chucks!!!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Nope. Problem is with my computer not wanting to open the attachment that contains the order info. I think I can order them threw my local MS supply store, though. And I've got some 2 mm Kevlar. (Like to climb) I'm really looking forward to this; chuks are one of my favorite weapons. You just can't beat them for practicality, beuty, and nothing impresses reletives and friends like smashing an apple still on the tree with "Nose Buster." I am realy looking forward to the day Sifu discides to let me learn three section staff.

It is also a weapon found in some filipino island systems. Used in Amante Marinas Sr.'s Pananandata style it is called tabak toyok.
    Regards

Double nunchaku form (vid)

What do you think of this guy's form?

Vid
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

*wires $5,000 to chicago so water dragon and crippy will throw ironfist off a building*
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

my coworkers think im gay now from watching that.............................................. ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I'd like to see a `chuk match between him and the sun dragon dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

That wasn't even funny.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Making Nunchaku

Hi guys

Does anyone have a good link to a site that explains / shows how to make nunchaku?

They are easy to make.

I have never found any 'good' nunchaku sites.

strike!

Last edited by David Jamieson; 05-28-2008 at 05:32 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i made my very first set of chucks back about 1982

they came in very handy for killing the copperhead that bit me in April of 1983.

i don't know what became of them, they were in the backpack with the dead snake when I was admitted to Duke. Perhaps some rival ninja masquerading as a doctor stole them to discover the secrets of killin' snakes...