Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qi Gong and Diabetes?

Thumbs up Qi Gong and Diabetes?

hi there

my female friend has had type 2 diabetes for 10 years and it's really starting to bother her. i've heard recently about how qigong can cure diabetes in some cases. does anybody have any information on this? could it possibly be true? any references someone can link me to with more information about it?

thanks a lot, this is really important

-matt
    Last edited by respectred; 04-03-2002 at 08:32 PM.

I am not aware that there is a "cure" for Diabetes. You can get it under control with the right diet, exercise, and medication (if needed) but you can't cure it.
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Diabetes

Type 2(adult onset) can be taken care of and actually go into remission with medication, exercise, and a proper diet. Type 1(Permanent, the type I have), isn't really curable yet. So, yes, your friend's type can be cured, if they just live really healthy. Don't listen to Wendy, she thinks Diabetics should smoke crack like she does!
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Re: Qi Gong and Diabetes?

Originally posted by respectred
    hi there

my female friend has had type 2 diabetes for 10 years and it's really starting to bother her. i've heard recently about how qigong can cure diabetes in some cases. does anybody have any information on this? could it possibly be true? any references someone can link me to with more information about it?

thanks a lot, this is really important

-matt
    qigong can cure diabetes same way as regular exercise of can. Qigong is not some special magic anyway.

Diabetes is the sugar eaters disease and indeed it can be treated and even cured. Believe it.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Braden Guest
    Check out www.taijiworld.com (particularly the FAQs) and if you can't find anything there, send the site owner an email.

"Better to keep ones mouth shut and appear an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
    BTW it's called chi gong because you train the chi. If you were only training muscle (li) perhaps it would be called li gong.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Uh yeah whatever... chi gung is some magical cure... riiight

Didn't wang "incredible chi" shu jin have untreated diabetes? they said they'd have to amputate his legs, he refused and died?
    Not sure how true this is but according to Robert Smith, he died in 1981 at age 77, with untreated diabetes and refused amputation of his legs in 1979.

Oh and translated directly from cantonese diabletes means sugar p iss illness.... love how descriptive that language is....

Probably depends what type of diabetes it is. But i doubt chi gung does an awful lot....
    Last edited by NafAnal; 04-04-2002 at 09:12 AM.

This post is sooo full of bs, gimme a break.

Mediation and Qi Qong can not cure Diabetes, the only thing that can cure Diabetes at this point is I believe a transplant done at an early age, yup you heard it, a western medical transplant.

This stuff is offensive to those millions of people who have Diabetes.
    Regards

Diabetes

There are two main types of Diabetes, juvenile onset(type 1, insulin dependent), and adult onset(type 2, non-insulin dependent). There is also gestational Diabetes, which pregnant women sometimes develop. In the original question, respectred asked about type 2. Type 2 can be cured, by exercise, diet, and medication. I've read about type 1 going into remission, but I've only heard stories, not any documented medical reports or anything. I've heard of Chinese medicine being able to cure it, but, again, I've never seen documented evidence of this. I'll search around today and see if I can find any more info, though. Chi kung might help, it helps to lower my blood sugar level(I have type 1), but I'm not sure about it healing type 1 or two. Transplants can cure it, but the body won't always accept the new organ, last I heard in a Diabetes journa is that there is somewhere around a 60% success rate, but I'm not sure. New research is showing that growing insulin cells in a lab and transplanting them into the pancreas might help in the future, hopefully it will.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Where is this medical documented proof that showcases these results? What journals, records, medical papers? Where does it show that Mediation and Qi Qong have cured Diabetes?

If this is the case why is Diabetes even still around?

It's hard to debate with those Asianophiles that think this stuff is for real, I don't mean to be rude but I know family and friends with Diabetes, a Uncle of mine even died because of Diabetes, this is sheer bunk.

We will just have to disagree.
    Regards

Braden Guest
    Black Jack - Surely you wouldn't want to disuade people from looking into means to improve their quality of life. And since you have no experience in the matter, I think you would agree if you stepped back that you're jumping the gun a little in attacking it so vehemently.

To be fair, I think the phrasing on both sides of this thread has been too emphatic. There's no magic cure for anything in this world, sadly enough. Not from any source. But there are alot of things you can do to make yourself better off, whatever your condition is.

Braden I honestly don't believe I need any experiance in Qi Qong to know that it can not cure Diabetes, I did not say that Qi Qong can not improve your quality of life, I just stated that it will not cure Diabetes.

If a person wants to learn to improve their life, practice Qi Qong, and all that, fine, thats great, but I am not buying into how Qi Qong can "cure" physical diseases.

Give me some documented proof, not one or two baised black belt articles or non specific papers, but the host of scientific data that shows case after case after case after case of this happening.

Intell then I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.
    Regards

Braden Guest
    All 'curing' means is to improve quality of life. The site I linked up belongs to someone who has diabetes and has fought it tooth and nail with diet and lifestyle changes, part of which included qigong. While his opinions are often 'radical', I don't see what you have to lose by considering them. I might think otherwise is he was asking for money for the information, or if he was advocating something which may otherwise be harmfull. But when we're talking about an approach to making yourself healthier by changing your lifestyle - I honestly don't see what all the opposition is about. Why don't you go to the site yourself and read his health articles and search through the FAQs for diabetes, and form your own opinions. That's all I suggested; I'm honestly surprised that blindly dismissing it is a seen as a more rigorous option. As for qigong itself, it is most certainly not a magic pill of any sort. On the other hand, it can do some remarkable things, and is relatively easy, not time consuming, free, and good for you anyway.

I never suggested you should blindly dismiss something, I am just stating what I believe is the truth, has Erle cured his Diabetes, by cured I don't mean to improve the quality of his life, I am sure he has done that, but to destroy and remove the disease, where Diabetes is no longer detected in his system, his unhealthy organs are now healthy.

The opposition is to those kinds of posts you see above ours, its not about excerisce, trying out new things, but of a blind belief in anything that comes out of Asian, a belief that can hurt others psychologicaly and maybe even in a physical sense if they think it is a cure all, to many people think their are chinese secrets to help them with their ills, by help them I mean to cure them of those ills on a complete and utter scope.

I think Tai Chi and Qi Qong would be good for a person with Diabetes, but so would good general excerisce, weight lifting, yoga, running, sports, long peacefull walks, camping, relaxing hobbies, what have you, the only difference is that these activities don't try to put claims on fixing a persons disease.
    Regards