I agree with you. I don't like dogmatism or blind faith in any form. And there certainly is too much of it surrounding qigong and similar methods.

I think from my perspective, what I am saying is that illness is not an on-or-off thing. It's all about how healthy you are. I don't see the harsh distinction you do between 'cure' and 'better quality of life.' When you are sick, your hormone levels are out of whack. If you get cured, they get put back in whack. If you have a better quality of life, they get put back in whack. There's no such thing as a 'cure' which permenantly prevents your hormone levels from ever being out of whack again. It's like a discussion I had here about qigong with someone a year or so ago, who mentioned how they felt it was dubious because they heard you had to keep practicing qigong to maintain the health effects. But of course, anything you do you have to keep doing to stay healthy.

I was grievously ill a couple years ago, and I am alive today not due to western medicine (indeed, it had no answers at all in the worst part of my illness) and neither due to eastern medicine, but rather to having a body that happened to work well. I encourage anyone who wishes to be healthy to seek out any means amenible to them to maintain and enhance the way their body works. That is health.