Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qi Gong and Diabetes?

Braden Guest
    I agree with you. I don't like dogmatism or blind faith in any form. And there certainly is too much of it surrounding qigong and similar methods.

I think from my perspective, what I am saying is that illness is not an on-or-off thing. It's all about how healthy you are. I don't see the harsh distinction you do between 'cure' and 'better quality of life.' When you are sick, your hormone levels are out of whack. If you get cured, they get put back in whack. If you have a better quality of life, they get put back in whack. There's no such thing as a 'cure' which permenantly prevents your hormone levels from ever being out of whack again. It's like a discussion I had here about qigong with someone a year or so ago, who mentioned how they felt it was dubious because they heard you had to keep practicing qigong to maintain the health effects. But of course, anything you do you have to keep doing to stay healthy.

I was grievously ill a couple years ago, and I am alive today not due to western medicine (indeed, it had no answers at all in the worst part of my illness) and neither due to eastern medicine, but rather to having a body that happened to work well. I encourage anyone who wishes to be healthy to seek out any means amenible to them to maintain and enhance the way their body works. That is health.

Braden 110% agree

Try new things, just don't do it on blind faith, but best of all stay healthy. In the long run thats the best medicine anyway.

Good talk.
    Regards

why do they call diabetes 'sugar pis$ illness' in cantonese? (I don't know much about diabetes)

'Cos one of the symptoms is sugar in the urine. I'm guessing they tested this in old china by tasting a sample.

Well,

That's how they did it in ancient western medicine, so that's probably accurate.

hello hello.

thank you all so much for your replies!
    i see there are opinions ranging from that qi gong doesn't do anything, to that there's a good chance that qi gong might actually cure it some how.
    well, judging from all of the "success stories" that i've read through numerous websites, regarding diabetes and qi gong, it seems pretty promising to say the least! i think all of this will definitely lift my friends spirits.

now comes the part where we have to find a good Qi Gong teacher and maybe some of you know one?

there's this guy that teaches right near me, about 2 miles away from my house, who grew up at the Wudang temple supposedly and he has Qi Gong classes and whatnot that may sound promising...his name is Master Yung Xiang Tseng, www.wudangtao.com is his site, has anybody heard of him?

also, i live in new york, and the city is easily accessible from where i live, sort of, and since there are so many Qi Gong teachers and whatnot there, i wouldn't know where to start looking. would anybody happen to know of anybody who might be able to help?

that's all for now...thanks again for the replies!

-Matt

shameless bump