Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Importance of third form

Importance of third form

How important is the third form?

We train at a slow pace and I probably won't get to it for a while.

2. what's your hurry?

Great first time post, by the way. Where u from?

From what I understand is the third form contains all the emergency nasty techniques and a lot go against the principles of wing chun but they're there for those exceptional circumstances.

There are a lot of theories on the third form. Everybody has some idea of what it is suppose to do or be. I would say dont worry about it for now. The first form is the most important. Concentrate on this one and the rest will follow when you are ready!

your profile is odd... u enjoy guitar wanking? mmkay, anyway 3years and not near teh 3rd form, yeah that's a bit slow, but i'm sure your sifu knows what he's doing. it's all cool, i wouldn't worry about it for now.

not that i got to the 3rd form or anything
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Originally posted by Sharky
    your profile is odd... u enjoy guitar wanking? mmkay, anyway 3years and not near teh 3rd form, yeah that's a bit slow, but i'm sure your sifu knows what he's doing. it's all cool, i wouldn't worry about it for now.
    LOL! Yeah, I'm a guitar player in my spare time. Wanking in guitarspeak refers to the un-taoist practice of excessive playing at loud volumes!

I've been studying the Leung Sheung system and we do move slowly. Reason being that the first and second form are really the most important to develop a good foundation. Honestly, I'm still discovering and polishing elements of Sil Lum Tao on a daily basis!

I'm just curious about the theories behind the third form since I haven't been exposed to it.
    Last edited by gnugear; 04-04-2002 at 02:25 PM.

Re: what's your hurry?

Originally posted by Alpha Dog
    Great first time post, by the way. Where u from?
    Thanks! I'm from Seattle.

Hey, it looks like im not the only wing chunner in the Seattle area. Are you learning at the school on the University campus from Steven Elaimy?

I'm too old for school LOL!

I work out with Stephen at the Capital Hill studio.

A Biu Jee Riddle

What's more important, a clock or a compass?
    there is where you will find your answer.
    Hope this helps!!!!

Re: A Biu Jee Riddle

Originally posted by Roy D. Anthony
    Hope this helps!!!!
    hmmm... still thinking

wait a minute ... this is a Biu Jee riddle. How would I know the answer if I don't know Bui Jee LOL!

Re: A Biu Jee Riddle

Originally posted by Roy D. Anthony
    Hope this helps!!!!
    Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to have to say compass.

You'll always have a relative reference for time (night, day), but you'll never truly know your direction.

... but then again who cares where you're going if you don't have a path.

I don't think that helped me.

biu jee riddle

A compass to know where you're going; a clock to know how much time you've got.
    Defend where there is no attack; attack where there is no defense.

Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.

Bill Jee

I believe one of the aspects of Bill Jee is that it free's you from the restrictions found in the 1st and 2nd form - Dont be a slave to Wing Chun be its Master -

I beleive WSL was participating in a "Test of Skill" when he kneed his opponents in the head - someone mentioned that that wasn,t pure Wing Chun as it was structurally incorrect. WSL responded that it was the closest weapon to the target and it worked therefore it was very pure Wing Chun.

I am sure David Peterson can elaborate (I read it in his WSL book)

Nat from UK

Question Cashier Exchange

From what I understand is the third form contains all the emergency nasty techniques and a lot go against the principles of wing chun but they're there for those exceptional circumstances.

what do you mean by goes agianst the principles, would you give me an example of a correct wingchun tech, from your style, then what would be a similar technique, but goes agianst the principal of wingchun?.
    Thanks