Thread: Wing Chun Form

Question Wing Chun Form

Hi,
    Ive just learnt the first form of wong chun hwoever ive fogotten the second part i know through practice i will be able to remember it. However is there any books that are good and will be able to help me remember?
    Thanx
    Dave

if your looking for pic by pic books, there are a few of them. William Cheung has 4 books out covering all three forms, and the dragon pole. also, Randy Williams has a SLT video out. However, i found that there are slight variations in the movements. just minor things really, but make sure you do it the way your sifu wants.

just a friendly reminder---next time you really should ask a wing chun question on the wing chun board. everyone will be happier, and youd get far more responses.
    Last edited by sphynx; 04-08-2002 at 06:55 PM.
    forget your art for one day, and it will forget you for two.
    --Yip man, as quoted by Allen Lee

Garbutt

Are you in Bradford Ontario?
    If so, is there a wing chun school there?

a good step by step book is also James Yimm Lee's book by Ohara Publications. this may help you!

Hello all,

Among the other books mentioned, the book Wing Chun Kung Fu: Traditional Chinese Kung Fu For Self Defence and Health by Ip Chun and Michael Tse has the complete sil lum tao form in it as well as applications. Also I've found a video clip of the sil lum tao on the web.

http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/empty.asp

Regards,

John M. Drake

Forms vary by lineage

Hi,

Forms do vary by lineage although most of the sequences can be figured out with some thought.

My favorite would be the series:
    Secret Techniques of Wing Chun by Chao and Weakland

This is a three series set covering each of the three emptyhand forms. The nice thing is that in addition to demonstrating the forms in the back of the book each individual "technique" is covered individualy. This allows one to get both a better grasp of some of the concepts behind the technique as well as provide a basic practice regime/structure to follow. I like the way things are broken down.

Anyhow again, different lineages will have different choreography. Some may not even break the sections up into the the same numbers. In other words what you say is 2nd section might be someone else's third.

Good luck.

Peace,

Dave