Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sh|t! Who else has this dream?!

Sh|t! Who else has this dream?!

The dream where you get in a fight with someone and you try your hardest to attack but you can't move very fast at all! Like you throw a punch and it goes soooo slow! What the hell is going on? Like the air is really dense and you can barely push your fist through it. The other guy can move at regular speed.

Anyone else get this?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Man, I hate that dream, and yeah I have it every once in awhile. Its always a one-on-one fight with someone I can always stomp in real life, but when I punch, its like I'm punching with the strength of a child. A really weak child at that. I must tell ya, those dreams suck.
    "Training is one of the most neglected phases of athletics. Too much time is given to the development of skill and too little to the development of the individual for participation." - Bruce Lee

yup
    now i train harder in my dreams
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Yeah, I've had that one

Also, the one where I am trying to run for some reason, either to get somewhere fast in a panic, or away from something, and the hardder I try the slower I get, it's like I'm running in a tub of carmel or molassas or something dam frusterating.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Stacey Guest
    different aspects of yourself are resolving some inner issue. Or your just sparring.

I used to have dreams where I was uncoordinated, when I biked, I dreamed or tipping this way and that...it was probably speaking to me about some imbalance.

you waking life is a dream too, the only time you wake is in meditation.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    yeah, there is that dream.

and there is also the one in wich you hit the enemy and he feels nothing, in my case it was the dracula.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Oh man! I hate that dream! The next day you have to punch really hard for the lethargy and doubt to go away.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

OMG! They're gotten in your heads too!!!

I hate that dream where you move at a snails pace.
    Even more annoying is the one where your hitting someone and your barely even hurting them in the slightest.
    -I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.

-The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Hmnn

Yep
    I remember a dream going something like that...wonder what it means........even though i was moving slow i still overcome whatever it was i was fending off though...????

yup that ones a pain. even worse if you wake up hitting the wall like I did.
    Zvika

They actually go away once you feel true confidence in your martial ability!!!....belive me....I've been there too!!!

How interesting. Do you think it's just martial artists that get this dream?
    I've had it. I used to have it quite often when I was younger.
    Listen to this... the dreams changed when I learned grappling. (I swear, and I'm not harping on grappling) I used to have the slow punch dream lots of times, then suddenly after spending time with my grappling and wrestling I had the same dream only this time I body slammed the guy to the ground! That really boosted my confidence when I woke up.
    It's just so interesting that we all share that same dream.
    I used to have dreams where I'd get shot over and over again too.
    I had one recently, where I pulled a gun out myself and shot the guy first!

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

I've had that dream many a time!!

I agree thats its probably becuase we have fighting and defence on our minds ALL THE TIME, training to get better and better, and its an inner self confidence crisis.

Smile

Yeah I've had that dream many a time, its akin to punching underwater. I haven't had it in a while,but I hope one day i re-have and absolutely maul the guy.

Often have dreams when I kick butt (and usually control the plot ). Often have dreams when I am taught some ancient form (never remember them though ). Often have dreams when I learn some aspect of some form or technique that I didn't know before or had forgotten (these I can usually remember !).

Actually, about 99% of my dreams are about ma (mostly), sex or, yes yes yes ,ma and sex!!!

Never really had any dreams where I got my butt kicked, except that one with the dinosaurs chasing my family, but then I could choose who got eaten anyways!!

Stacey: interesting: you waking life is a dream too, the only time you wake is in meditation. Complete garbage (I think), but interesting. I think.

With a bit of control it's easy to use your dreams as a meditation. Sometimes it's just better to let them go (might need clean sheets tho'! )
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan