8. Krav Maga
    7. TKD
    6. Aikido
    5. Juko Kai(lol)
    4. Ninjutsu
    3. Muay Thai
    2. Karate
    1. Shaolin Kung Fu

All I can say is LMFAO @ this show!! They gave no criteria for their choices, except bull like:

"For proving that size doesn't matter, BJJ takes our #10 spot"

What was the name of the show, when was it on? That is funny, but well shaolin kung fu is #1.....(lol) just joking!
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It was really, really bad.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Well I gotta give credit to the Israelis, the Krav Maga stuff looked pretty cool.

Why they put Tkd over Kali, Krav Maga, and Bjj as a tough art I'll never know
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

They obviously weren't ranking the styles in terms of effectiveness.

But, what the hell were they ranking them for???? The whole thing seemed so pointless.

I started watching a few minutes after it started...At the end of the Rickson section.

So this is the Top 10 Martial Arts...Top 10 what???..Most popular..best for combat.. or What???

Silly..Silly...Silly

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

It was more of a "top ten for the hell of it".

It clearly wasn't based on popularity. After all, Juko Kai made the list.

It obviously wasn't based on combat effectiveness, after all, Juko Kai made the list.

And it obviously wasn't based on health and fitness. After all, Juko Kai made the list.

Thumbs up

LOL!
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

top ten

It was part of "Testosterone Week". But that doesn't really explain anything does it?

alameda(san fransisco bay area), california
    That show and the people who made it are dumb
    ---------------------------"uh oh, what is going to happen next?"

HAW! HAW! HAW! Great show on TLC.

HAW HAW HAW!!! I suppose I could squeeze my style of shotokan in at about 2.5 since goju-ryu was the chosen karate style, but at least it ain't g*dd*mn LAST on the totem pole.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny, funny stuff. Even funnier, that JUDO-KAI, the nut kicking cult make it on to the list! And remember that chick who failed her judo-kai black belt test, but she wasn't knocked out, just "sleeping"? Yeah, she was on there with all the other little judo-kai clones. She had her kitty kicked by some guy. It was cute and made me kind of hot.

S.O.L. for BJJ, limping in last. Perhaps if they kicked more people in the balls the BJJ players might rank higher on TLC's list? It's gotta blow being beat out by judo-kai!--

K. Mark Hoover

I wonder by what criteria these styles were judged?Maybe by what looks the deadliest?Which style is therotically the most devastating?I can relate this to football;Everybody either runs a 4-3 or a 3-4 defensive scheme.Anything else is a nice theory at best.
    Would you ask your men to carry a weapon that was “theorized” to work but had never been field tested to meet the high demands of modern day special operations? Of course not! Then why should we “assume” that the stunts and routines that are taught in most unarmed combative courses will work for real? The fact of the matter is that most of these courses, regardless of their many colorful origins, offer techniques that have not been “battle tested” against aggressive, non-compliant individuals.

I knew shaolin was number one!
    Sweet
    BJJ last!
    Sweeter
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

hey, the show was a promotion for all martial arts whether or not yours or mine was in it.

I liked it, it was light, but it was pretty fun.
    At least it wasn't gardening or home renovations

peace
    p.s how could Shaolin Kung fu not be #1? It's the grandaddy of them all. nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. hahahaha.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

All these arts are as nothing compared to the power of Kalari Payattu