Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Death

RAYNYSC Guest

The Game Of Death.........

I just read an article about The Game Of Death. & if what I read is true & I hope that it is.

Why is that you may ask?...... Well the way I see it there's going to be a whole new out look on the art of J.K.D.

After all it was BRUCE LEE himself who made it a point in each of his movie's that he made..... Had to have some type of lesson about the art of JEET KUNE DO!!!!!!

Now if I'm wrong in seeing it in this way then please feel free to let me know why I'm wrong in your eye's.......

------------------
    RAYNYSC

Subitai Guest

Game of Death Missing Footage

Hi all,

Just came back from San Fran. I attended the showing of Bruce Lee: "A Warrior's Journey" at the Chinese Cultural center.

* It had a very awesome collection of Bruce Lee memorabilia.

* John Littles well researched movie/documentary on BRUCE containing more than 20mins. of never before seen footage of the movie. It was a great treat for me. I felt honored, after 27 yrs of waiting to see the real deal footage as it was meant by Bruce.
    * I got to meet Lynda Lee Caldwell, John L. and Diana Inosanto. Shannon was too busy.

Lynda is a real class act. She is very gracious to acomodate her(Bruces') fans and gave each person her utmost attention.

* They even had a reception afterwards.

The new fight footage was awesome and the dialoge as Bruce had intended it was total classic Bruce.
    Very funny too!!!

This video will not be sold to the public until spring of next year. I'm glad I got in to the limited showing.

Anyway just thought you guys might like to hear this stuff.

"O" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

chuck Guest

reception

I was there too!!!!!!!!!
    it was KICKASS, some parts of them fighting in the pagoda was hilarious...

Hey Subitai, your not the guy that went for 5ths on the reception food was it? ( I KNOW IT WAS YOU )

Lightbulb Game of Death

Hi,

Do you know the Bruce Lee film Game of death, which was made using a small amount of the actual film filed with Bruce Lee. Well how come when they discovered the correct story line and scrpt, why didnt they remake the film as Bruce Lee intend it to be.

Thanx
    Dave

Because.

Thier intention was to make money in the now, rather then honor the intentions of Bruce Lee, and possibly make more money in the later.
    strike!

on that note....

Some guy in Korea is making a new movie with Bruce Lee! It is of course going to be computer generated but still.

Go to Best Buy or SUNCOAST...there was a dvd recently made by JOHN LITTLE about Bruce Lee Game of Death footage...it shows all he filmed!!! I saw it recently on Sunday...it was excellent! There was actually 2 other characters that accompany BRUCE in his fight against the 3 badguys! Plus there was an interesting showing of footages of HK rooftop full contact no glove challenge fights. It was really good! It showed traditional CMA in all out fights...very very interesting.
    A

I've seen that too, the REAL game of death footage with Bruce Lee is brilliant, esp the nunchuck fight SMACK "like that?" guy drops guard, Bruce hits guy back harder "like that?!" lol

Unhappy

Legend is it only on DVD??

I'm so behind the times... er..uh..not in MA though

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

I think ive got it on video, cos i got this boxedset of Enter the dragon and the worrior and on the worrier a documentary by John Little the missing footage from The game of death is on it.

Thanx
    Dave

Don't know about VHS cause I don't look for that anymore bro!

I especially like the HK rooftop fight footages...I use to think they were light point fighting match...it's different than say a full contact toe to toe fight...you see the CMA guys charging toward the guy...no sidestep is possible...chain punching with a few knowdowns...
    A

Game of Death

I caught the fight scene of game of death this afternoon. Wow, what a pile. Dan Innosanto has come a very long way in his stick work since then. Bruce Lee just didn't seem very good at movie fu compared to Jet Li or Jackie Chan. And then there's Kareem, what can you say. Ji Han Jae looked the best. Martial arts movies have come far since then.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Dude, don't dis the Kareem fight - I love that scene!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I thought Jet Li and Jackie Chan aren't fighters like Bruce Lee, bur rather Wushu choreographers/practitioners/stuntmen. I know Jet Li attended CMA schools earlier in his life, but he's no pro athlete.
    Mac H.

well its kind of difficult to judge bruce lees movie fu off a movie he had only shot a small part of before dying.
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."