Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Challenging the McSensei

You like I said before it's not like I go into ther places blasing I'm here to kick your a$$.

I actually do a little research on there supposed style and I ask intellegent questions and usually stump the McSensei.

You see my friend sometimes words can be more devistating than fists.

Nothing looks worse that a instructor who is unknowledgable about the arts or especially their own style.

Ask a USSD instructor where Kenpo originated and he will tell you the Shaolin temple when we all know that it is a Hawaiian art.

I'm not out there picking fights just for the sake of my own ego.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

lol

actually do a little research on there supposed style and I ask intellegent questions and usually stump the McSensei.

When i first read that i thought you said stomp

It would be neat )(if a bit gory) to see what would happen if a guy like Bruce Lee was one of the McKwoon instructors being challenged.

Here's a guy who doesn't have a legimate lineage, had only two years in formal WC training, had no further training afterwards, and developed everything on his own. Then he went out and made his own style with his own school.

Bruce Lee went out and taught Siu Lum Tao and Chum Kiu to his American students despite not having learned the complete WC system or having been authorized by Yip Man to do so. He went on to write a book on old school kung fu methods: Chinese Gung Fu, the Philosophical art of Self Defense. His art falls under no established lineage but his own.

One more thing: the "regulatory commission" - that was the old Chinese hierarchy in his Chinatown which tried to shut down his school but COULDN'T because he was willing to fight them physically. Wong Jak Man and Linda Lee can both talk all they want, but the bottom line is that Lee was able to continue his school long after that initial confrontation.

In short, Bruce Lee qualifies for "McSensei" status.

Then again, one can challenge a Bruce Lee if he wishes.

GLW, just curious.... do you vote on the Libertarian ticket?

I can understand the questions and words. After revealing a person for an idiot, to go further serves no purpose unless the idiot needs to be killed...(hard one to justify).

From my experience, the best weapon for such people is knowledge. Case in point, I used to teach at a health club. They called and asked, it was a good deal, I did not have to do any administrivia, I could teach anyway I wanted to...in short it was a nice way to have a school and none of the liabilities.

Went fine for several months. Then they added in a Savate class. Up to this time, I had avoided teaching sword or other weapons (insurance issues - or so I feared), I was VERY careful about applications and fighting...not a real problem since I prefer to make sure people have strong basics before teaching applications and I prefer to do those classes on a by invitation only basis (I won't teach a person who is ALREADY a jerk how to fight and become a dangerous jerk). Well, the Savate instructor proved to be rude, unknowledgeable about his art and safe training methods (he was teaching sword fighting without teaching basics and with NO protective equipment and then doing less than 5 minutes of warmup and going straight into full power kicks on a target and then with beginners working with each other...limited supervision...a set of injuries waiting to happen. On seeing this, I started teaching sword, started a special applications class, and watched as his class dwindled to nothing due to injuries, coming to my class, etc....

Then they had a kids Karate teacher. when they introduced him to me, he went on about all of his black belts. literally "I have a 3rd degre in Tae Kwon do - that's Korean, you know, an 3rd degree black belt in Shotokan - that's Korean too...." I let him go on. I was wondering if the Japanese Karatedo Federation would like to know that Shotokan had been changed to a Korean art .... I then watched his class.... Later, when asked, I had to report to the department head that the guy was incompetent and hazardous to the well being of his students...He was let go and I did not do anything other than speak the truth.

So, knowledge and a few statements to open ears can do more than many other harsher tactics.

As for my political leanings....wellllll no party but definitely a TOTAL independent....old style independent Texan too.....what can I say "Make sure you'r right...then go ahead on..."

Talking Huang

didnt he start like 54 and left hongkong in 59, and most major wingchun sifu under ipman such as hawkins cheung, wong shun leung, and william cheung, they all trained with or taught him until he left, and they had contact until he died, as they were friends?.
    Thats what i read, and supposedly from what i get, all these other styles, he didnt claim lineage from these instructors, and then take thier better techniques and make his jeetkunedo, he worked with and borrowed from stratagies traded. Thats what i get, maybe instructors are just polite, maybe bruce was a *****, and whined thier methods, and ronald macdonasized his gung-fu

I am not sure what Bruce's skill was. I know his fitness level was insane. But as far as his philosophy goes, I agree with it and use it (modified) on my own training.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Yes diego, but Lee did not learn the entire Wing Chun system.

To my knowledge, he never learned the Biu Tze, 6-half pole, or butterfly swords.

Nor did any of them or his sifu grant him official "Wing Chun" status. It went so far that Yip Man tried to deny that Lee was a disciple in his Mok Yan Jong book.

The point is that by whatever the standard, Bruce Lee most definitely fits the "McKwoon" standard as laid out here.

So do a few other LEGITIMATE martial artists, I'm sure.

Originally posted by Xebsball
    I dont think there are many schools with cages man
    My school has a cage. With metal bars. They put me in it every class so I can't hurt anyone.