Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cung Le

I can name every throw and take down he does in English:

Supplex
    Double leg
    High body lock
    ankle pick
    single leg

This is free style wrestling. And that is what he HAS and DOES train in.

His strikes can be named in Thai and Korean language. But i will use Enlish:

Side Kick
    axe kick
    push kick
    Spinning back kick
    spinning backfist
    round house
    front leg round house
    flying scissors (TKD)
    jab
    cross
    hook
    straight punches

His hands are held up. This is muay thai. He does not block low kicks with his hands. Instead he does a leg check which allows him to keep his hands up by his head. This is muay thai.

You can IDENTIFY muay thai, TKD, and wrestling in his fights and it stands out like a bright red light. However i don't see any kung fu.

Lightbulb Man

Why do you care so much? He uses muay thai, wrestling, and TKD. So? Why should you even care? The fact of the matter is that kung fu got him to his physical state, he started TKD late like 18 yrs of age or something. And that was also what he used. The thing is not the style, it's his skill, even when he first came into TKD he could kick a black belts ass (don't know maybe it was in a belt factory), and i think he did too. It's his skill not the style, no matter how good the style, if you have no skill then you have no skill. I can try to teach a dog intelligence but all i do is teach it tricks it do, over and over.
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...

Cung Le is the Kung fu destroyer. The champion of TKD.

TKD the real street lethal!!!!!!

I remeber an article on Cung le where he said he wrestled in high school and college, trained some TKD, and grappled alittle with the gracies and is working at a boxing gym. He did do Veitnamese kungfu, he said one of the reasons he stopped is because he said he did allot of teaching for his teacher and didn't get any money. As for sanshou he trained allot with Shawn liu(former shaolin temple disciple). So I'd say he's got plenty of kungfu background.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

ShaolinDynasty....... yeah I was just about to mention Shawn Liu... he's got pictures of Cung Le all over his school.

RALEK IS HAEVING A TKD ORGASM OMG SO HOT U'LL CUM YER PANTS

Cung le is a BJJ, Wrestler, Muay thai, TKD man.

TKD is is main style. TKD is da big pimp daddy style. You saw Cung Le do his TKD flying scissors? TKD will bust a cap in yo ass.

Blog Entries
    ummmm, where did the japanese get their martial arts from, and how did the koreans get their martial arts? Did they dream it up, or did it come from someplace? Where was the birthplace of all East Asian martial arts?

ANyways, does Cung Le do NHB stuff, or is he exclusively San Shou?
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Lightbulb Special

What makes Cung Le special is that he is a patron of the arts. He learns more than just one art, understands more then just one concept. He learnt TKD, Shan Shou, Wresling, Kung Fu and Shotokan (sp?). He doesn't say, "oh this is the best style, i learnt them all i should know" but instead says, "they all have their advantages, and they can work together to improve eachother." As i said, Cung Le is not, "the patron of shan shou" or "the patron of TKD" but he's a patron of the arts. He has the skills in him to learn almost any art and make it the art of a champion. You can try to teach a monkey kung fu, but will he learn? You can have the best style in the world, and have an unfitted student learn it and fail. Or have an average style, and have a sutable student learn it and succeed and excel on it's concepts. He's a martial artist to his own right, not because he learns TKD or Kung Fu. He has the skill in him to excel, you can put someone else through the type of traning Cung had went through, but will they work as hard? Or even try to understand the concepts and use physics to perfect moves like the scissor kick? They will just be like monkey's, "monkey see monkey do." They get manipulated by the style, and then they fail. Cung manipulates the style to work best for him and it succeeded. So ultimately what defines the ultimate style is the ultimate student. If a style is lucky enough to incorperate such a student that can enhance it's practice which can use it to his advantage.
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...

9. I know that Cung has been training with Frank Shamrock, so I am sure that he has built up his NHB knowledge base. I do not believe that he has had any fights tho.
    http://shaolinwushu.tripod.com

Cung Le isn't into NHB...he just trains in SAN SHOU...he doesn't do much or any ground work. His $$$ comes from running his skool and san shou.
    A

Legend...you mean SCHOOLS....plural now...not singular....
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Cung Le

Is Cung Le, a real good fighter? is he the best in san shou? I m wondering because I never seen him fight anyone that can be consider a real competitor. I think all he's fought are tomato cans.
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

"pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

everytime i have seen him fight it was a slob that looked like he caem form joe dirts neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.