Thread: Push up help!!

Push up help!!

G'Day all,

Just read and printed out the 100+ pushup program.

For those who have read it:

How many sets of each do you do?
    It states "position 1 5 partials,5 complete,7 partials,7 complete,rest 90 seconds."

Then what? Again? How many times?
    Also what is your xiphoid process???

Thanks guys!

Open stance...
    What you start, i will finish.......

hehe.

ok xiphoid process is basically below ur sternum, it's like, lower down below solar plexus.

You do "position 1, 5 partials,5 complete,7 partials,7 complete,rest 90 seconds" then you do position 2!!! Same reps. Position 2 is the one with arms shoulder width apart. After that (and 90secs rest) you do position 3.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Yeah. What sharky said.

Just follow the instructions pretty much exactly to the letter and you will be doing the correct sets/reps/rest.

Modify the program if you have to, dont hurt yourself because the numbers are written on the paper.
    strike!

That program seems good, but i just wanted to share my program, which everyone whos tried it find it most effective.

warmup-- normal pu position- go down, count 1. then quickly put out 2, then 3. when u first start, try to get to 5. i'm at 10, which is plenty, its 65 altogether. but i add 1 slow pu between counts. so its like 1 fast, 1 slow, 2 fast, 1 slow, 3 fast, 1 slow...
    thats the warmup

all the amounts are the same, i suggest starting at 15 or 20 each position, rest 45-100 sec between sets.
    pu1- normal pu position
    pu2- dimond position
    pu3-widearm
    pu4- hard to explain, lie on back, point toes, and position hands directly below shoulders. like a backupward pu almost. this will get ur triceps JACKED! keep ur body straight
    pu5- get 3 chairs, feet on 1 chair, hands on other 2. do pushups so ur chest goes below the chairs. just do as many as u can.
    pu6- on all fingers, this will take some practice
    pu7-on fists
    pu8- get a chair with arms, with feet on table and hands on the arms, do dips. keep ur body straight and only move arms.
    pu9- advance- go down, come up, then quickly go down and push up very hard to throw urself to one side. like 45 degree angles.
    or
    go down, then push urself onto a higher surface. then pushup and back down.

every week or 10 days, add 4 or 5 EACH TYPE! so when u start, ur doing around 110-150. by the end ur doing 500+. do this every 2 days. just breathe, keep ur stomach in and dont stop pushing. if it helps, i was in the army, so i know all about pushups heh

I reached my 500 mark this week. hehe. so starting in May, i'll add weights. This program will get ur triceps JACKED! and ur chest really cut up