Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred style?

Preferred style?

Which style would you fear the most in a fight and which would you laugh the most at?
    Why?
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Not sure about the former, but I'd laugh the most at the style which taught its students that the only thing that matters is the style.

I think I would be most worried about an experienced street fighter over most martial artists regardless of style.

Well, yeah, anyone with experience would be something to worry about in my book, because it means they've been through this once before and survived. If they're still walking free and breathing after getting into streetfights, they must be doing something right, regardless of style or training.
    "Let's play Soviet history-- you're Trotsky, I'm an icepick."

Definately More afraid of a good well rounded fighter than any particular style.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts, ...

William Shakespeare
    "As You Like It"
    Act 2, Scene 7

May I ask?

Sorry, this is a little off topic. But what do you mean by the term 'street fighter', Paul? You draw a distinction between it and a 'martial artist'.

Anyway, on topic. I would fear Muy Thai because it looks fierce, though I believe I could still win given my opponents ablities, and I would laugh at monkey kung fu. It looks silly, but that would get me into trouble wouldn't it.

Fear anyone who's about 5'10, 145lbs, and studies Jeet Kune Do or Wing Chun, who can side step the shiiit out of anything you try!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

FEAR...has no place in a confrontation...if you have fear...then you are 50% of the way to losing...great warriors do not fight in anger, fear or any other emotion...they defend themselves in calmness, awareness and wisdom...with their years of having training correctly doing the rest. On ther other side of the coin, laughing and overconfidence will also bring you 50% of the way towards losing.

GHD
    Last edited by Gold Horse Dragon; 04-12-2002 at 05:53 PM.

I would fear Muay thai, BJJ. They spar hardcore and each month they will get more full contact experience then most people do their entire lifetime.

I would laugh at kung fu guys who train forms and drills.

Thumbs down

*sigh* Ralek....leave. Don't even bother to argue with anyone just leave. We're sick of you and your lies. Nobody wants you here and nobody likes you, just disappear from this forum. We're all sick of your useless antics and your boring posts.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Originally posted by NorthernMantis
    *sigh* Ralek....leave.
    That would imply him having somewhere to leave to... ie. it would require ralek to have a life, which he obviously doesn't. Alhtough I suppose he could jerk off to his BJJ CD-Rom again.

lol

Fear most? I hear Kali is pretty badass ,Krav Marga too. I wouldn't want to go up against another Mantis stylist in a free for all ( I like my eyesight and testicles intact , thankyou ).

Laugh at most? Someone who thinks they know it all. Usually western wreslers who think MA is "Dance". They sing a different tune after a groin shot or two. . .
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

I fear the smallest bouncer in the club. Or the ones that don't look hard.

Why? Cos you know they are there for a reason; and it ain't cos they look hard - so they must be the shi.t.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

this has made me think of another topic.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

mantis9

I think there is a huge diff between a street fighter and a 'martial artist' in most cases. You should be able to figure that one out.

I fought a muay thai fighter recently. He was no big deal and he outweighed me by over 25 pounds. It makes no sense to worry about this style or that style. Some people suck and some don't it's not the style or lack thereof.