Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred style?

And then one day WE'LL fight and I'll use my hammer Mjolnir to shoot lightning bolts at you.

Then again, you'll turn green and roar "Hulk Smash". I'd be in trouble then.

You're fun, Ralek.

I personally respect all the Arts. They all have their own strengths and weakness. To me it`s not the style, but the person. I`m lucky I have a Shrfu who is sharing the treasures of the ancients!

www.bjj.org/images/royce-delucia.jpg

This is just one of many of kung fu's losses to BJJ. Looks like Shaolin 5 animals kung fu has no defense agaisnt a simple striaght armbar.

More vicarious living, eh Ralek?

It's nice to see that your idol is so skilled.

The guy in the picture might not even study kung fu. Even if he did, the gracies are the kings of their art. I'd like to see one of them go against the kings of the kung fu art, the shaolin monks, and the masters who have been studying for over 50 years.
    Ralek, you haven't proven anything. You had a friendly little match with ST who went easy on you, and dodged the challenge with springer because you knew you couldn't win. You probably were there, but when you saw that he was the real deal, you took off right away. Either that or you weren't there at all. The point is, you backed out. That's why you took a couple months off from this forum, you wanted to give everyone a chance to forget about your lies, and now that springer is gone you are free to post whatever BS you want. No one has forgot. We even remember when you got caught in your own lie of knocking out that make believe tai chi instructor
    Last edited by KungFuGuy!; 04-13-2002 at 09:19 PM.

They won't know who i am. If i go to a challenge match and see 50 guys standing in the special place where i'm supposed to meet then i'll just leave and pretend i'm an ordinary person.

Trust me. No one is going to shoot me. I'm just too wicked cool. Shaolin Tiger was really mad at me and said he would break my legs in his post. And he was really mad at the park. But then when he met me he calmed down becuase i'm just so wicked cool. Then we fought and I easily elbow-knee escpaed him dispite the fact that he is a national level san shou fighter.
    ... and you were there... and you were there... and oh! Auntie Em! You were there! And Toto, too!

Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Style I'd like to go up against would be either out of TKD or BJJ, I just want to try this neck snapping trick for the BJJ when they try to tackle me onto the ground or a nice hammer fist to the back of the skull.
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

grogan, what would you do if the BJJ guy timed his clinch exactly as you blocked a multitude of chain punches and effortlessly slammed you on the cement by sweeping your legs as he clinches your upper body or lifting you up and dropping you right on you shoulder dislocating it?
    Lets say you do have time to sprawl. What if the BJJ guy keeps driving you back until your back is against a wall, car, anything preventing your legs from going back for the sprawl and THEN takes you to the ground?
    Once on the ground how would you escape a constrictor that rains blows to your temples, chin, and throat?
    If you think its so easy, why DONT you try it?
    A troll is a troll is a troll....
    1. Know the positions
    2. Hold positions
    3. Escape the positions
    4. Move from position to position
    5. Learn the attacks
    6. Counter the attacks
    7. Time on the mat
    a. drilling
    b. sparring
    8. Repeat (thanks R.D.)

KungFuGuy. There's no way i can prove to you that i showed up at Cooper Park for JF Springer. Springer is in his 40's.

ShaolinTiger was a 27 year old national level san shou fighter who has fought Marvin Perry that outwieghed me by 20 pounds who siad he was going to break my femur. I fought him. But somehow you assume that i am terrified of a 40 year old guy becuase he's the "real deal"? Shaolin Tiger was the real deal. I fougth him and people on this forum have met him and he has verified i fought him. But I guess i'm just way to scared to fight people who havn't fought san shou against Marvin Perry and don't threaten to break my legs.

I was so pised off over the JF Sprigner no show that i stopped coming to kungfuonline.com. What was the point of even coming if no one believed i even showed up? Well i will show up for anyone who wants to meet me. If you don't think i show up then set up a time and place to meet me and i will be there. I'll fight any of you.

Apoweyn we can fight. Even though your not a kung fu guy.
    Know_no. I will meet you if you want to. You live in maryland.

I had a sensei tell me that in a bad neighborhood he didn't fear the guy with all the scars on his face, but the guy in the nice suit picking his teeth with switchblade.
    Rogue, did your sensei like western movies? Eli Wallach? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Giovanni Whatshisface? For a Few Dollars More? Agggh, who was it? Thanks a bunch mate, I'm not sleeping tonight!!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I think Hanabal-Lector Fu would work well on BJJ stylists. . .

Plus . . if attacked by a BJJ'er I think I'd just act like even *more* of the ***animal*** stylist that I am . . hold, bite, poke ,claw. . .

But seriously, on the street . . as a BJJ how are you sure that the strung out crak head you're fighting (that just bit you) isn't infecte with AIDS or any other of 100 deseases he may have?
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

Jas: Lmao!!!

Huang! It was you who stole Mjolnir?! You will die and go to Texas!

To answer the question: I wouldn't like to fight anyone who was fast enough to put me down before I even had a ghost of a chance at id-ing their style... I wouldn't fear them, I'd be eating concrete!

The only style I could probably actually id that I really wouldn't give a monkeys about is shotokan karate... or R(alek)JJ.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I have a yellow belt in shotokan karate.

exactly

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Dre. The BJJ superior ground positioning will nuetralize all your bites, scratches, and claws. If you are pinned it's not as easy as you think.

And they will be able to poke your eyes extremely easy. Such as the mount position they can punch you but you cannot punch them back. Watch "Gracie Jiujitus IN action Part 2" to see some NO RULES fights with kung fu guys. One guy tried to grab Rorion Gracie's balls but quickly changed his mind.

Rorion and Royce put the smack down on a bunch of kung fu guys and none of their biting and scracthing techniques worked. BJJ nuetralizes the animal styles.

www.bjj.org/images/royce-delucia.jpg