Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you actually " fear " anything?

Do you actually " fear " anything?

I don't mean spiders I mean, there's a thread saying who would you " fear " the most. Well, truth is, honest, no frontin, i don't fear anyone or anything. There is only one thing i fear, and that isn't what this forum is about.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not arrogant. I know if mike tyson hit my in the face, once, i'd probably get brain damage and/or die. But what i am saying is, i don't fear anyone, i'm not scared to stand up to anyone, i don't *think*. Again, don't get me wrong, if it's dark, and i'm walkin along, and 8 huge guys come walkin down towards me in an alley, i ain't a barrell of laught - obviously i crossover/get out of situation/do something to avoid it cos i'm gonna get my ass kicked. When confrontation happens it just happens. I'll either get my ass kicked or not. I do get that adrenaline dump that everyone else gets, but is that fear?

What about you guys?

Maybe i AM scared, but don't recognise the feelings? Or pretend i don't?

And when does " fearlessnes " boarder on stupidity?

Or, maybe i'm just arrogant.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

I've come across as a macho big headed arrogant tw.at. Great.

That's not how i meant to come across, but it's 6:15am, and i should be sleeping.

Sorry guys and gals.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

No. I fear nothing. What is the worst that can ever happen to me? Death? I don't fear dying. So I have no reason to fear.
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

I can totally relate. (although some exceptions) and it is not about arrogance. I know lots of people and things i do could kill me. doesn't stop nor will it stop me.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

talk is cheap, just like this forum.

true true paul. let me slit my wrist and show you.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

LOL

During my life I've been the victim of a crippling accedent and years or rehab and pain thereafter , not much reallyscares me after that . .
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

I don't think you've come across as a macho twat... Sharky. I haven't feared anything for a long time, not since I first decked someone in infants school, or maybe since me bro knocked me nose to 45 degs (fine shot!). Except horses. ****ers.

But I think recognising feelings has something to do with it. Sometimes, in the build-up to a confrontation, I get the adrenaline dump and if you don't do either the Fight or the Flight, say, you just keep talking and trying to defuse the situation, then sometimes I just lose it. It's not so much fear, as incomprehensibility and ability to act. Except with horses. ****ers.

I usually regain composure as soon as it escalates further (ie. to actual violence). Oh, and in many situations I have feared the consequences of my actions: not, if I hit this geezer, he'll piledrive me into the floor; not, if I hit this geezer, his mates'll jump me; but, if I hit this geezer, and keep hitting him, I'll get in some serious trouble from the law.

Just keep that ****ing horse away from me!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

fear...

I don't mean to come across as a control freak, but I fear being in a situation where I truely feel I have no control. Part of training martial arts is to have confidence that you are somewhat secure in your environment. Having a person 15 feet away pull a gun on me takes all those years of hard work and flushes it in terms of ability to defend myself.
    Do I fear he will shoot me and kill me? I bet at a time like that I probibly would have fear, though as said by others theres no point fearing my death, we all will die eventually.
    I fear some of the other things that are worse than death. Finding out somone had tortured and murdered a family member or one of the many other horrible things people do to one another.
    I do fear death. Not my own death, but the death of those I love. Thats my honest take on the question.
    "A master can never be a champion, and a champion can never be a master."

being alone, i mean literally , no freinds no foes , nobody nothing just being obsolete. that is really scary.
    but fear is what prevents people from achieving greatness. Nelson Mandela said that sometimes a persons biggest fear is fear of thier own success. Imagine fearing to accomplish a goal because after that one has a reputation to uphold and Alot of people do Not have the Continuity to persevere.

thats some interesting advice you guy's

SIDES SHARKY WE KNEW U WAS TWAT, and macho, aint you like a toothpick?.
    get back to your homework boy.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Yeah i know what u mean Sharker, its like that for me 2.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

tornados

I hate friggin tornados, espiecaly since we just had two about 20 mins. ago and I live on a third story apartment....no fun runing down stairs through quarter sized hail
    vea victis

Not death 'cos I'm a faith brother!!!

But what do I really fear? Being injured to the point that I could never train again. I faced this one down last year and it scared me more than anything I've ever imagined. I come out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.

And getting old. I just can't see a single good thing in it. There are those who've said wisdom. You keep your wisdom, I'll keep my speed, flexibility, independance and health.

Aging sucks.

No offence to all the old MA's out there either

There is nothing cooler than some old dude with a long white beard and ponytail doing Kung Fu.
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion