Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you actually " fear " anything?

i dont like bugs. i don't run away from them or anything, but i can't just go and pick up certain insects or spiders like some people can. unless im drunk.
    where's my beer?

Sharky, wasn't aiming the answer at you but more of a general "you", I think you, ryu ,r5a and myself are on the same page. I still remember the gypsy story and those lovely folks you had to deal with.

Kristoffer, hang in there bro'. Read some of Ryu's old threads about his lovelife. If I can find someone great anyone can. Remember our hero Ric Okasic of the Cars married a super model. And if he can anyone can.

r5a, did you work the liaison office detail?

BTW Thanks.
    Anytime, anyplace.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Strangely, getting mauled to death or being publicly humiliated doesn't scare me at all.

What DOES scare me is the thought of losing my loved ones.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out whether to move or stay. I could use a change of scenery, but my friends mean so much to me. There's no love lost between me and my family, so my friends are really all I have.

For years, they've supported me personally and financially through hell and high water. Now I've let some of them know that I'm contemplating a move, and it's been really hard on all of us.

Losing material possessions or even my own personal well-being is something I've had happen to me and have easily withstood. But losing those that I love - I've never taken it well and have gotten WORSE AT IT over the years.

FEAR THE MULLET!!!!!
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

I think we are all on the same page, but I also think we've got a slight difference in definitions. I said 'I haven't feared anything for a long time', maybe taking first place in the 'sounding like an arrogant twat' competition. I could list things I fear but I won't cos 1-9 would be horses. *******s.

I fear my loved ones being injured/killed. But it doesn't stop me functioning in any way, and it wouldn't get me to try and control them in a negative way (No, son, you can't go to school today, bullying is on the rise!).

I fear earthquakes, but after the first few second when I've worked out why everything is shaking, and the next second going 'fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu etc', the next second is using my enhanced adrenaline fueled response time (my enhanced Spideysense) to check out the most solid doorframes, soft furnishings and the proximity of the glass... It doesn't generally hold me back, or change my attitude. (The only time I've been irrationally scared of quakes was one time I visited UK and imagined the floor was going... and we don't even get quakes! Beer for you...).

I fear horses. But even with them, it's usually not that debilitating.

But like the control freak said (sorry, can't remember who it was), I'm afraid of really losing it.

The mullet: isn't that a wee fish?

Listen to the little voices! Pfweeep! Nobbut seriously...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

BTW Sharky, I know where you're coming from. Really.

Friends in a few of those areas, lived in Balsall Heath, Brum for a long time, my sister lived in The Old Swan, the 'nice' end of Aigburth, Liverpool, for a while... How old are you? I've got an ma friend who couldn't take it any more, and quit for the countryside (Exmoor man, how much more bleak can you get?) and the quacks diagnosed him with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, I kid you not.

But Kings Cross? Ya southern nancy!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

i think having some amount of fear of your opponent is a good thing. it will make you cautious and i've been taught to treat your opponent like he is bigger, stronger and faster than you. at the same time, there is a faith and assuredness in your skills that keep the fear at a level that won't make you hesitate or scared to trade blows.

i haven't read this entire post cuz that sh!t is 50 some odd posts long., but ryu made a nice point about feeling fear everytime he's gotta spar and i can feel that.

there's one thing i fear and i don't know if anyone can take to this. twice in my life i've been in situations where someone made me so mad that my conscious no longer controlled my body and i flipped out and wrecked the kids. the second time it happened i got control over myself just as i was making canteloupe pudding out of kid's grill, and i backed off and booked home. it was because the first time, i left the kid crying like a newborn and i was still angry enough to wanna stomp some chest for another minute. that sh!t scares the fu.ck outta me.....that point i can reach where i black out and anger's intent takes over. that's literally what it felt like.

when i spar in class, i have a real tough time not feeling bad for hurting my sparring mate. i think it's cuz he's my peoples, not some thug on the streets with an itch to inflict pain. only when i have an instinctual dislike for someone in my class (just a couple of cats) can i mostly not care about hurting them. but even then i feel bad.

kristoffer said some deep sh!t. fear of love and whatnot. that is something i feel too man. it's a strange fear for me, and elusive, meaning i can confront it many times in small instances and it still comes up. i also have a fear of going through life alone. i know people who live that way (my moms for example) and the sh!t ain't cotton candy and roller coasters. so there is also a tinge of a 'desperate' feeling mixed in there too. but at the same time i know that what i truly believe and have faith in will manifest so i counter attack the entire matter with that.

well, that's my cents...for what it's worth. i don't know, pass the blunt man.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

HuangKaiVun

are you from Taiwan? if so we have alot to talk about! my e-mail: ripdogmantis@worldnet.att.net

I fear many things.

Like am I a good enough Father to my Son, a good enough Husband to my Wife and so on.

Fear is good and healthy, it keeps you checking yourself and your motives for doing things.

But recognise them for what they are and move on or change things to remove the fear.

Fears will only hurt you if you let them.

Just my 2 Yen worth.

I have this deep seated, repeating fear.

I'm lying in my bed at night. I'm warm and comfortable, drifting out of consciousness on waves of relaxed peace.

Then I feel a sensation on my leg, slowly making it's way up towards my groin. In my dozy, sleep-addled state it begins to become quite erotic. I start to enjoy the sensation.

Slowly it draws me up from the edges of slumber. My breath becomes a little shorter, my heart beats a little faster. Excitement builds through my fuzzy mind and I gently open my eyes.

A face swims into clarity out of the darkness, slowly coalescing into focus. The face has a wide, feral grin. My body begins to freeze in terror, then a voice says, "Hi. I'm Sharky."

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Arrow

Your mother is fat.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Yeah. Eating guys like you made her that way.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Semen is high in calories.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Thinking hard about it, the only thing I fear (besides cancer) is my fiance getting raped, because I know she would fight literally to the death.

Ryu, well spoken brother! I couldnt have put it better myself!

Rogue - The "Embassy" Office in Somalia, after the rangers bugged out? Yep, My unit was there for a few months, then we were reassignd to the Nimitz. In all honesty I think that office served more then just as an Embassy. We had a lot of delta coming in and out pretty frequently.