Thread: Chiu Lau

Lightbulb Chiu Lau

He's my friends dad, he seems to be good. My dad is getting a bit old (in his fifties) and doesn't have the time he used to to teach me. I am looking into having Chiu Lau teach me, can you tell me his reputation in the kung fu world?

His website is: www.chiulau.com

My dad is friends with him, and they sparred a few times, i was young but i think my dad knocked him over or something while waving there hand around (taichi i think). But my dad didn't practice for like 9 years, my dad teaches me through words, he doesn't practice, he says he's too tired from work to practice like he was young. His fingers are ruined from work.
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...

Lightbulb Correction

Chiu Lau isn't my dad's friend, just someone he knows. My dad knocked him down to teach me that reputation is nothing, that action is better then words (my dad knocked my head like checking for a brain when i asked him a few seconds ago, it's like i forgot a vital lesson he taught). But he approves in Chiu Lau's teachings, and my friend can talk to his dad and maybe get me in for free.

What do you think of him?
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...