Thread: Southern Mantis

Southern Mantis

Guys,

How true is it that Southern Mantis is more suited to smaller people than Northern mantis?

Is it also true that Southern Mantis is better for people who are less of an athelete? I'm asking this on the premise that Southern Mantis practitioner shuffle around whereas Northern Mantis has superior leg mobility.

Ego Energize!
    Maximus Maximize!

billy_pilgrim Guest

It's a ging thing, you wouldn't understand...

Yes, you are exactly right. Southern Mantis shuffles around and it's practicioner's are not very athletic at all, whereas what you do is very akin to gymnastics, and thus, is directly applicable to a real fight. Shouldn't you be out practicing your aerial kicks??? Remember to stick those landings, the judges always look for that.

i'm assuming

i'm assuming mr. pilgrim's reply is in direct response to ego's general idiocies on this forum and not an indication of how he views 7 star mantis in general.

7 star praying mantis is not and aerial, leaping, acrobatic style. it is indeed unlike most every other northern system in appearance and approach. it is direct, straight-forward and concentrates it's kicking skills on low line stomps and sweeps. you would have a hard time catagorizing it as northern if you didn't already know it was a northern system.

having said that, i personally have not seen much from ego maximus except incoherent babling. so, i would understand, on that basis, billy's reply here. i would hope that is what he is addressing.

if i wanted you to know me, you'd know me.
    -ironvest-

billy_pilgrim Guest
    I am under the impression that this guy is a socially maladjusted 14 year old who doesn't practice anything, so, no, I was not taking shots at any system, just his silly disparaging posts.

i drew the same conclusions.

if i wanted you to know me, you'd know me.
    -ironvest-

Fu Manchu Guest

What is this

Who is this Ego you're talking about?

dunbarj01 Guest
    Ironvest, Billy Pilgrim...ditto.

Otherwise, Ego...keep your day job.

joedoe Guest

Go easy

Hey guys, go easy on Ego Maximus. Can't be easy being a wheelchair-bound instructor of SOuthern Mantis Kung Fu as he has pointed out through various other posts ;).

BTW Ego, how is your nurse Katrina?

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

dunbarj01 Guest
    Abandit,

I thought he was Choy Li Fut, or was it Northern PM? He seems to change styles like he changes his underwear...

Fish of Fury Guest
    you shouldn't assume he changes his underwear.

joedoe Guest
    It's not even safe to assume he wears underwear.

dunbarj01 Guest
    I was assuming that it was on a weekly basis...

joedoe Guest
    Ahhhh. See there's the flaw - if he isn't wearing underwear then he can't change them.