Thread: Very funny - power of CLF

Very funny - power of CLF

im typing with my left hand, so excuse the typos.

Last night, i was teaching been choy to some beginner students. i then demonstrated it to show the power of the strike using relaxed power. i asked the assistant to hold his palm out, so i can show the the impact of the strike (with loose shoulders). as i stuck, thomas (the assistant) lift is arms and block with his elbow. Im not sure who was to blame, me for being stupid, or him for nor actualy concentrating . Needless to say, the pain was just awfull, but both of uss, to proud to admit we have made some mistake and we also feel pain, just continioud talking as ifff we did not feel a thing. I still bragged and said my arms are conditioned so its not that bad (obviously disguising the pain - )

Never the less, this morning, my wife dragged me off the the dr, and he just confirmed what i thought. i fractured the bone just before the fist on the fore arm, and also sprained some ligaments in the hand (from the shock).

the funny thing is, now i have to face the students in some way, and actually proove that i am not as"tuff"as i made out to be

anyway, juist my boring story. guess you had to be there to find it funny.
    Eddie

sorry fot you ed . i hope you can get you arm ok soon . is a true that the worst accident happen in the most fool ways . but i think this little thing make the kung fu " real " . i think you are a athentic teacher and with humility to tell this open . i know this must happen to chang heung a lot of times .

Eddie

I can sympathise with you, a few years ago I injured my left arm by not concentrating when I hit some body with been choi when sparring. When I made contact with my sparring partners’ head I hit him with the outer side of my forearm instead of the back, which resulted in one, knocked out sparring partner and one heck of a broken bone. from what I remember from the x-rays the fracture was about 1 or 2 millimetres wide.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"
    ====================;;;;<>
    I didn't want fries with that or even soda doesn't any one in this dam country ever listen.

Eddie, I'm on my 6th month with crouplets. Let your arm sane slowly is better in the long time

Eddie

You can still turn this around in your favour - you can say that you didn't notice the pain despite the fact that the bone was broken! Then you come out looking like a real hard man
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hehe
    i kind of did what joedoe said. Guess what, the student, now bragges to everyone that his kung fu is so good that he caused my bones to break (all in a nice funny way though) . I'll let him have his bit of fun for a while, but he insists to everyone that he countered with a chun la counter (although I know its not the case). sometimes grown men also have to admit making mistakes. thats whats so cool about kung fu.

Alec, i got the second reprot back from the radiologist this morning. The fracture isnt as bad as we initialy thought so i guess i was a little more lucky than you. I tried to do some bagwork this morning, fighting only with my left hand and kick. Its so difficult. I feel sorry for disabled people.
    have fun all

Eddie

I can imagine the pain that caused, I have on a couple of times while doing an elbow strike that traps down with left hand and right elbow comes actually smashed my inner forearm at about the same point you have hit. Besides the pain that shot straight up my arm to my brain my fingers tingled and all strength just went straight out.

I bet you're feeling very frustrated about it, injuries are always annoying, not so much because of the pain but the time it puts you back in training, always valuable lessons none the less.

As for beginners doing things and not realizing the potential, I have a friend I was teaching for a time, one night at a work Xmas party he was jumping about being an idiot and throwing his arms about until he slams his knife hand into my throat, my first reaction was to kill him right there but,,,, that injury took some time to heal properly. Could have been worse but just goes to show how easy it is to get hurt .

It is one of the annoying things with teaching beginners , they never seem to let you just show then the technique as they dont understand it and as well in your case this is what happens.
    I feel for ya man it sux big time, hope you heal quickly. Just bath yourself in Dit Da

biu ji,
    knife hand to the throat? Ouch that is a bad one. I was training to compete in a san shou fight, and practiced some sparrig with a friend who also now does a little bit of CLF with me. We practiced with those UFC gloves, cause I just like the way they fit. He got me with a flat panther (chueng ahn choy) right in the throat. It was like having bad throat infection, and I couldnt talk for about a week .

Injuries are not that bad, trying to explain the injurie to the wife is even worse .

Question

Is a Been Choi a differant name for one of these?
    http://www.ngfamilymartialarts.com/ten_elements.htm

ttt