Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapons non traditional

Weapons non traditional

Anybody here, make thier own weapons that are practical and suitable for everyday pedestrian usage? In my country the only people that walk around with machetes are coconut vendors and i assume they have permits.
    So I was wondering what the creative people here on kungfu online come up with?
    One simple weapon i made recently is a keychain which finctions like a small steel whip. It has a small blunt weight on one side , and , of corse keys on the other, with and extremely long set of rings inbetween. I doubt im the first to have this idea but , im open to hear what you guys come up with.

cheers

I'm looking into getting a set of half-sized nunchaku made. They'll have the usual chain on them, but the other parts (handles?) will be made out of that hard black rubber stuff. Easy to conceal & unlike wooden chucks they won't break bones quite so easily.
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

My girlfriend weaved me a nice hemp key chain to fit to my key ring. Its not too long, 12 inches actually (just measured). Its nothing crazy, but that added reach x momentum and weight will catch that guy unexpected. Use skill from there.

I have 2 six inch folding knives (serrated blades)
    I also carry a .380 or .40 (depending on how I'm dressed)

I really don't see the need to create weapons when there are some good legal ones available. A $ 25.00 pocket folding knife will do you well.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Waterdragon, do you carry a concealed gun with you always?

The following question is just my morbid curiousity, because concealed guns are something that I have never had to think about. Don't feel obliged to respond at all:

Have you ever had to use it, as a deterrent or otherwise?

If you have, and that's a bit too personal, just tell me to **** off.

Eh... I'm with WD... I carry a folding knife & a .45ACP... like him, always.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Check out the use of the manriki gusari, or weighted chain. It translates very well to a belt with heavy buckle.

The nice thing about it is that, unlike the knife I always carry and the gun I sometimes have with me, it is a blunt force weapon and isn't neccessarily deadly.

I know, you don't have to shoot to kill, and it is possible to attack with a knife without killing, but it's too d@mn hard for me and all sorts of stuff can go wrong. With a blunt weapon, death is unlikely.

In fact, the manriki gusari was invented by a Samurai guard of the Emperor's gates who didn't want to shed blood at such a hallowed location. It takes some training, but really does have 10,000 uses (that's what manriki gusari means, 10,000 forces)

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

O' I also carry a clip, Spyder Co knife with me when around town.

I don't wear it though when I need it most -- heading into and from chintown by subway at night and the occasional shady rave. I don't like coming into class with a weapon attached to me -- looks pretentious -- and the rave security pats you down hard. Tough enough getting a doob or two in.

I carry a Spyder, and sometimes a pair of small metal nunchaku.
    I also wear a belt (usually leather) that I have learned to use, there are several filipino systems that teach rope and belt. I like straight blast's rubber handled heavy chain nunchaku.
    strike!

Other "weapons" you should be aware of are: bricks, rocks, bottles, broken glass, pool cue's, chairs, ashtrays, pop cans (full), etc.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Can't we all just get along???

I have a .45 Kimber 1911. It goes with everything....it's the little black dress of the firearms world.

That being said..... I carry a manrikkigarrote in my belt made by Bladerigger, a microtech socom and usually a straightblade in my bag, either my own knife I made, or a bladerigger kwaiken.

When I can't be so......Texan....... I like to carry a cut down drum stick. It is the length of your pinky to your thumb outstretched. Japanese called them a yubi-bo. They are cheap and disposable should the need a rise.

I carry a Cold Steel Voyager.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

No need to make or carry weapons. We're surrounded by them in our environment.

The pen I'm carrying - easily turned into a stabbing weapon.

The shirt I'm wearing - something to throw at an opponent's head to distract him.

The chair I'm sitting in - I can get in and out of it at will. I also will use it against opponents if the opportunity presents.

etc. . .

Just throw poop at 'em...it works for monkeys.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Hear hear Water Dragon. Also, fire hydrants and cars make great weapons when you can control someone, or that someone themself as a shield.

However, pen vs. knife?

My master made a great point not long ago. He said when he carries a gun (? Chinatown?) its like he doesn't even have it. That he doesn't want to walk around and present himself as if he had a gun.

Act like you don't have any weapons available, otherwise you'll find youself using them.

Who said, Weapons are surely an omen of evil outcomes or something or other . The quote betrays me now.