Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weapons non traditional

Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

It seems that we do not disagree on environmental weapons, Black Jack.

On the other hand, we both know that our weapons of choice are not always (usually) immediately available to us - and that often we have to make do against superiorly armed opponents with what is or isn't available.

I don't walk around looking for a fight, and I take care to stay away from trouble. Thus far, I haven't had THE NEED to carry more weapons than I currently carry - which is NONE.

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Whats a martial artists supposed to be like?

A old chinese guy in a silk robe with a long pipe sticking out of his mouth who when jumped on his nightly walks, soundly defeats the three club weilding youths attacking him with his ancient monkey tosses the salad technique?
    Nope, but than they also shouldn't be carrying stuff like Rambo on PCP.

If you start a fight unarmed, it is unlikely that you will get a chance to draw and use a weapon.

Most unarmed MA systems were designed as a backup measure when the MA lost his Weapons.

Plus, I found a lot of guys get ****ier than normal when the carry weapons.
    Not saying that this is true in your Guys case.

Plus, even if it comes to a fight and lets say the Cops break it up.

How will your story of an victim/ peaceful person stand up when they find all those goodies on you?? Legal or not.

Peace.

Black Jack

This stuf about learning to use a pen, and credit card etc from a previous teacher...this wasnt russian by any chance?

Originally posted by red_fists

Nope, but than they also shouldn't be carrying stuff like Rambo on PCP.

Touche!

[/B][/QUOTE]
    How will your story of an victim/ peaceful person stand up when they find all those goodies on you?? Legal or not.

Peace. [/B][/QUOTE]

"Officer I was casually walking down the the street minding my own business on the way to the old peoples home for some charity work when this guy jumped me"

"The only defence I had was to kneecap him with my chrome Glock with pearl handles, but still he crawled towards me so I had to neck him with my fixed blade tanto with special blood letting groove"

"You can certainly see I was in the right, please don't give my name to the papers I am not a hero just an ordinary guy looking for his way in life."

"The simple Z i carved into his arse will be thanks enough"
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

LOL!!

Smile

Huang,

I believe we are in agreement with what enviromental weapons are, I just prefer to have a a few non-enviromental weapons with me, need is a vague option when carrying weapons, its more of a protection system or in some peoples cases a totem, if I never need them fine, if I do, I have them.

What happens the one time you need a weapon and you don't have one, at least if you carried you would have the option, but if you don't have anything, be it a blade, handstick, gun, cane, umberlla, whatever and the other guy does you have a weapon, you just denied yourself any option.

Red Fist,

I don't like the term martial artist, on a personal level I think that whole catch fraze is bogus, it makes people think that their is honor in only one way of doing things, and IMHO it limits a lot of peoples viewpoints, as shown here by Grogan on what he thinks a martial artists should be, obvious that is one from the Chinese culture, yet their are Filipino, Indian, Burmese, and other Asian cultures where carrying a number of weapons on ones person is very normal and applied with a very scientific tactical mindset, the Kali Grandmaster Leon Geron carries up to 12 knifes on his person, I have met other Kali guys who have depending on the circumstances anywhere from 2 to 9 blades on them, some may only have none or one because they are so good that the weapons you are carrying on you will be their weapons very soon, just because one does not understand the martial science behind why, does not give a ignorant poster the right to call anyone a thug.

Again, legal issues are only revelant if you are alive to get that far and then its all speculation once a person gets to that point anyway.

Grogan,

StarChaser,

No it was Chinese if you can believe it, Green Dragon Society Chi Dao Ch'uan Gung Fu, the teacher had a LOT of streetfighting experiance from back in the 70's and one of the things they taught was improvised weapons.

It was cool, I never thought of using a credit card to dart in and attack vitals before, not just to strike but to pinch and tear.

Cheers,
    Regards