Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had one martial arts wish.....

Johnny Hot Shot Guest

My wish

To be Immortal.

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
    Jacko Jackson

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    Here are my wishes, in succession.

1. I want to become a grandmaster of northern Shaoling Kung Fu

2. I want to discover that the "Chi" in Dragonball Z is really real and I will learn it from a dying Martial Arts Master.

3. I will become all-powerful and be able to do everything that the strongest Saiyan ever did, and use it for the good of all and vanquish all evil beings on earth.

:) Hey, it could happen. (Not)

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

prana Guest
    :)

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Huang - I'd love to hear it. I'm a fan of all kinds of music. Email me at austin@swinburn.net if you're serious about sending me some fiddly goodness (no sound files please, I'm on dialup.)

I didn't mean to imply that you'd be unable to buy your own stuff, just that someone as seemingly immersed in the western classical canon as yourself might not be familiar with the wonders of the Karnatic tradition.

If you'd like suggestions, I recommend

The Irresistible Dr. L. Subramaniam
    Jugalbandhi Live in Geneva, with Ustad Bismillah Khan
    The Violin Trio, with L. Shankar and L. Vaidyanathan
    and of course,
    Conversations, with Stephane Grappelli

I think all of these are available online at www.khazana.com

Xebsball Guest
    I wanna be a bad ass Saiyajin prince like Vegeta, hes mean, tough and the second most powerfull (only loses to Goku).

You should say Saiyajin like in the japanese version :)

Gogeta is my favourite in Dbz, for those that dont know he is the fusion of Goku and Vegeta.
    Wich person on the forum would you like to fuse to?

FU-SION!
    HA!

-------------------------
    I am the great grandmaster and Soke of RoShamBo south park style.
    "I kick you in the nuts as hard as I can and then you kick me in the nuts as hard as you can."

http://www.kolumbus.fi/kick/download...s/roshambo.htm

SLC Guest
    I was gonna go for less joint problems but, Jeff, you kind of made that a petty thing. :D

What is it like doing MA with one leg? Do you have enough "bounce" in the new one to be mobile?

Ben Laden, your operation was good; real good in fact. But you fu*ked up one little thing... you didn't get all of us.

shaolinboxer Guest
    I'd wish my injured knee would heal without surgery.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
    - Cat

Silumkid Guest
    I don't know if the martial arts in DBZ was based on anything in specific, however, if you ever watched the old Dragonball series with Goku as a kid, you may recall that Master Roshi was referred to as the "turtle hermit". Now, if memory serves, turtles in Chinese lore are considered the greatest chi 'masters' because supposedly they breathe through their skin and thus live for a LONG time because of this advanced technique. Maybe there is a connection there?

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

JWTAYLOR Guest
    I wish I didn't "flail" as much.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

wu_de36 Guest
    Dating your sifu's daughter(s) should enhance your training greatly.

If it goes well, you'll be opened up to a new world of pain and humility while he judges whether or not you are fit to date his daughters.

If it ends badly, you'll be opened up to a new world of pain and humility while he decides which way he's going to slowly kill you!

Tom

Pointy Guest

Sorry can't tell you.

That way it wouldn't come true.

"Pain is only natures way of telling you're in terrible agony"

NorthernMantis Guest
    I only need one kf style

praying mantis, the ulitmate matial art ;)

Prana-quit writing in that pagan language and write in descent Christian English for a change! :D lol I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.You may do with me whatever you wish.

Xebsball and Silumkid- the fighting styles on the dragon ball sagas change.Even though it is heavily kenpo influenced you'll see goku as a boy doing the five animals at the begining.Other than that it's just kenpo all the way till dbz.There's a part where goku goes into the past and sees master roshi when he was younger (who was in love with fan fan at the time) and his teacher.His teacher clearly exlains that they do kenpo.

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

LizMantis Guest
    My wish would be to just play a form.. And for me to be happy with how i did for once.. Seems like not matter what I do I am never happy with myself.

liz

www.kungfuexchange.com

SevenStar Guest

Dragon Ball styles

Think back to the orginal dragon ball...

Tenshinhan and chaozu studied under Tsurusennin (crane master)

Son Gokou trained under Kamesennin (turrle master)

Yamcha studied a style patterned after the wolf. (think of his energy technique - Rouga fu fu ken, or something.)

Before Krillin began studying under kamesennin, he was a monk - maybe he studied shaolin

I believe those were the only styles listed in the series, however, in the tournaments, there are several fighters that don boxing gloves and others with their hands and feet wrapped - boxers and thaiboxers perhaps. (yes, I am a DBZ fanatic. I tape the episodes, have most of the japanese movies and my sons room is dragon ball - he loves it too.)

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
    like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

SevenStar Guest
    As for the MA wish - Only to be the best MA I can be - However, bukujutsu (flying) and ki blasts would be cool too!

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
    like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass