Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jow Ga

ZhouJiaQuan Guest

The phoenix eye fist??

Hey you said in Sui Fuk Fu that is had a trace of bak mei, would you be refering to the Pheonis eye fist part?

peace

"Everyone seems so clever and self-assured.
    I alone appear unlearned and original,
    insistent upon a different direction than other people pursue." -Lao Tzu

RENEGADE_MONK Guest
    humm....yes!! its after Tiger running down the mountain"

[This message was edited by RENEGADE_MONK on 07-19-01 at 08:11 PM.]

ZhouJiaQuan Guest

Oh

Thank you, i figured that is the part you meant(i dont know all the names for moves yet :(
    i was not aware that SiJo had learned Bak Mei as well, where did you hear that?(just curious), interesting, always learning something new
    thank you

Ps i jsut realized my last message seemed kinda wierd at the start, "hey blah blah blah, sorry im tired :)

"Everyone seems so clever and self-assured.
    I alone appear unlearned and original,
    insistent upon a different direction than other people pursue." -Lao Tzu

mysteri Guest

ey guys..

don't worry about sui-fow, he seems to be a local troll who prolly got offended when u said "bak mei" and don't know the entire system. anyways, i don't think that the phoenix eye fist was an addition by dean chin. i think it is jus from the northern shaolin of our system, but that is sure a good inquiry. i'll be sure to ask sifu lee anyway to double check that and get back to u guys soon. oh yeah, and i have heard sifu lee say on a couple of occasions that we have over 150 forms. but i don't know if he's referring to our branch alone or all of them. good question. i'll try and ask him soon.

In a fight you should never stick to principles; they should stick to you!

TofuMaster Guest

Jow Ga

Thanks for the info Kuntawman. In the many forms are there ones called "Si Mun Pa Gua" or "kum kong kuen" or "Ng Jo Kuen" (sp.?)?

Thanks again.

sui-fuw Guest
    believe you may.some more suckers.thats why theres so many con artists about.

thekuntawman Guest
    sifu chin studied eagle claw before jow ga. he did not study bak mei except to exchange with a friend from new york who does bak mei.

i dont think the phoenix fist in small tiger is from bak mei. the sifu who gave us 9 step push (the bak mei form) only gave that one form except for some fighting techniques.

siu fuu you need to shut up nobody paying attention to you.

thekuntawman Guest
    tofu i dont know about those forms, i know in the last couple years lots of our brothers been going to malaysia and singapore and china to meet with other jow ga, so maybe there's other kinds of jow ga.

but i never heard it in our branch.

if i am wrong, its because i havent been active with jow ga in more than ten years. i still remember the form, and i have a couple jow ga students now, but i dont keep in touch to much with my sihings. nobody i talk to is on these computers.

RENEGADE_MONK Guest
    kuntawman,

That's interesting that you say that sijo did not study BM, but according to Sifu Wong when I asked about it, he study BM learning from his Uncle. :cool:

thekuntawman Guest
    excuse me then i am wrong. raymond knows better then i do. all i knew about is the eagle claw sifu studied.

tnwingtsun Guest
    What is "Hung Jow"??

mysteri Guest

"what is hung jow?"

if you are referring to something that you read earlier in this post, then 'hung jow' is not a what, but a who. jow hung (surname being jow) was the uncle of the jow ga system founder, jow lung. jow hung happened to be a hung ga(r) master. i hope this helped.

In a fight you should never stick to principles; they should stick to you!

Lost_Disciple Guest
    Would it be too forward to ask what the 28 standard forms of the Dean Chin lineage are? Or at least the first 18?

Just wondering. :)

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

RENEGADE_MONK Guest
    LD,

On the second page of this post lists quite a few of the forms.

I think "Tiger Cougar" is not listed,

also Siu Hung Kune is the name of the type of fist we use General Hung's fists, same as used in Hung Fut. also refer to thekuntawman' posts on the same page, he posted pretty good info on the forms.

[This message was edited by RENEGADE_MONK on 09-13-01 at 05:51 PM.]

Lost_Disciple Guest
    Yah, I was tryin to, I think something's broken with my yahoo account.
    Thanks for the answer. I have entirely too much free time to be askin these questions. :)

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.