Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So whats your best technique?

Question So whats your best technique?

Which combination is your best, or the one your most skilled in.

A good one for me is both arms up (of corse) Then a quick dodge and weave with a left jab followed by a solid right hook to the side of the head, then a double round house kick (if needed, I'm really good at them)

This combo flows well with me and I just feel really comfortable with it.

How bout you?
    Honest Neutral Clarity

Tun You Shi Puo, Xiuzhi and Yanjeung

nospam.

I use lots of kicks. My instructor says that it is unique for a big guy like me to have good kicks, most people that I spar expect me to be sluggish. My favorite combo is; throw a couple back leg inside cresents and then throw a fake one and turn it into a back leg jumping roundhouse (thats the best way I can explain it) and then I follow it up with a spinning back or spinning hook. I also use my hands alot, I just kinda throw stuff out linking them into decent combos, unfortunatly i never remember what I just did.

Hey Logic that sounds like Karate or kickboxing to me.where is your Ballet Fu.
    Karate ,a great way of life

The one that works.

In all seriousness, the best techniques a person can have are the ones they have spent time extrapolating and refining and of course using.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is true. But, I think that there are certain things that just come more natural to me then others.

Tinman

where were you when Ralek was here?
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I really like knife hands. For blocking, striking, grabbing they are very good and I use them quite a bit.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

Wink

I like to run on the walls for a while to get my opponent dizzy and disoriented and then insert a needle in the back of his neck with my mouth for a finish!...But, my punch on the nose is a lot better!

I agree with Kung Lek! well said !

but seriously who needs technique sometimes? dont even give the other person a chance to move in, stand in any stance and lift your leg with a forward axe kick as soon as they move in, slam it down!

always works in tournaments, but thats cos they are bad fighters, hehehehe

you need to be quick for this one, and be waery on kungfuers cos they may move just as fast for a 'side' attack.

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Tinman, your not real bright ,are you?

Before you make such a stupid comment I think you should read the persons profile.

Not everyone on this board does C.M.A.

Yes, the technique I discribed is karate with the balance of Kung Fu (but I didn't want to try to explain that one)

If you would have seen my profile you would see I am versitle in a few forms of martial arts.(over 21 years experiance) and a few fights under my belt.I also grapple.

I'm 5' 11" 210 lbs of solid muscle.
    What I'm trying to say is "you don't want non of this"

You should watch what you say to certain people.
    You could get more than what you bargained for.

you have 5 years in goju ryu,WELL I got ya beat kid!

period!!!

P.S.
    Next time do your homework.
    Honest Neutral Clarity

Mr Nunchaku,

Be very careful of those wonderful TKD knife hands, if you go up against a CMA, well lets put it this way, you will not be holding a pen for awhile!

In Mantis Kung Fu, we condition for, both giving, and receiving punishment. Mantis boxing covers the full spectrum, yada yada! Sorry folks, just have no respect for the korean arts...very limited, and historically beat the cr*p out of them. A young art that dwells on money making, especially in USA.

The trouble with most of these CMA wantabes, they are clueless to the hidden Chinese Treasures. If you have a question about my Mantis, it is called Pong Lai Wu Ji Tong Long Mun.

Originally posted by yu shan
    Mr Nunchaku,

Be very careful of those wonderful TKD knife hands, if you go up against a CMA, well lets put it this way, you will not be holding a pen for awhile!

In Mantis Kung Fu, we condition for, both giving, and receiving punishment. Mantis boxing covers the full spectrum, yada yada! Sorry folks, just have no respect for the korean arts...very limited, and historically beat the cr*p out of them. A young art that dwells on money making, especially in USA.

The trouble with most of these CMA wantabes, they are clueless to the hidden Chinese Treasures. If you have a question about my Mantis, it is called Pong Lai Wu Ji Tong Long Mun.
    Yu Shan... Its people like you who make me laugh...please dont be modest or anything you macho macho person you who can kick the arses of all Korean style fighters...

Please DO brag more about Matis conditioning, u may just be the one person who can put me to sleep

Dont get personal, its a question about YOUR best technique, not how someone elses technique is not good enough for your FAR TOO GOOD KUNGFU fighting....

stick to the question will ya? want to start criticism of TKD the start your own thread, where other self-centred people like yourself can mingle.

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Punch...
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

leg kicks