Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So whats your best technique?

yu shan
    Usualy i woudlnt bother but if your going to pick on a friend of mine please at least have the insight to not riddle your post with misconceptions and outright laughable mistakes.

"Try your tkd axe kick, I have a nice surprise for ya, wont share what."
    * My money says you have never tried to defend against a well placed axe kick and as such dont even know yourself what your nice surprise is. For your sake i hope its a more intelligent counter than this brilliant peice of advice...

"a very simple tech against your simple style, stomp on foot, bust your teeth,"
    * How exactly do you intend to get close enough to 'stomp her foot' without dealing with her leg and all her body wieght dropping onto you with enough combined preasure to be capable of shattering bricks?
    Your tactic would get you nothing but a broken nose (if you got out lucky).
    Serioulsy thats the stupist defence im yet to hear, i use axe kicks and ive sparred pleanty of others who use them. My advice is get out there are try your foot stomping kung fu and see how far it gets you.

Also i fail to see the relevence of your Jet Li comment. By your logic should she then study wushu? Or maybe what ever system he happens to be using in his latest movie?
    Why does her choosen MA system have anything to do with what she finds entertaining to watch?

Whats your favorite technique Yu Shan? Then we can all pick it to peices?
    Is the dreaded footstomp followed by the tooth punch?
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

His favorite move is:

"Canvas Kiss."

Followed closely by:

"Headbutting the opponents knee,"

The poetic:

"Gushing blood from nose,"

And the

"Golden Prawn." This is also known as "Fierce Fetal Whimpering"

Yu Shan: interesting to see how different people interpret a thread called 'So what's your best technique?'... don't you think? How come you were the only one who interpreted it as 'Let's bash KMA!' Have you ever been hit with an axe-kick? Bloomin' hurts! A well done kick is not something you really see coming, especially from such an unorthadox angle. Very difficult to defend against. But of course you have your 'mantis conditioning', so that won't matter... Not like any other styles of MA have that as well...

MP: lmao man

Anyway, my favourite technique... don't really have one I'm still trying to 'unlearn' all my previous training so i can concentrate solely on Wing Chun. Right now i like the basics: lap da, tan da, pak da... they feel nice. I also like some of the aikido i have learned before: ikkyo and tenchin nage, as well as shiho nage, they flow really well and are things i've used a lot before.

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

There's always the spitting backfist...

i believe yu shan is highlighting his best technique for us. 'rectal discourse' (talking out his arse).

and now that i've spoken out, he'll probably come over and foot stomp me.

well bring the pain, tough guy. you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball?! you wanna throw down with papa bear?!!

oh, hang on. the paxil's come loose yet again.

ah. all's well again.

stuart

Heh, I was going to say something back to him but everyone's already done a better job than what I could have come up with, so all have to say is, "Yeah! What they said!".
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

BTW, you are saying someone is insecure when you are the one who is saying how much better you are. It sounds like you are the one that's insecure.
    Last edited by Mr Nunchaku; 04-23-2002 at 08:44 PM.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

Logic

I have read your profile and now I know that I should check peoples profile before I post.I see you have about 9 years of shorin ryu karate.It's not your 3 1/2 years ofKUNG fu I would be cautious of at all. It's your time spent in shorin ryu I would most fear.I can't understand why you would leave your karate.

That being said, it is you yourself that admits that a karate technique is your best technique.

Please don't get mad, I'm just stating my point of view.
    Karate ,a great way of life

Tinman quick Ralek says your style is trash. Show him your superior fighting style. Hyyaaaa

Ralek man, where are you?
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 04-24-2002 at 06:27 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Originally posted by NorthernMantis
    Tinman quick Ralek says your style is trash. Show him your superior fighting style. Hyyaaaa

Ralek man, where are you?
    He's forgotten his password and is stuck using his "Tinman" alias, no doubt....
    "Let's play Soviet history-- you're Trotsky, I'm an icepick."

You know what we need ???

A thread with just the karate supremist Tinman and the BJJ filled Relek.

Stand back everyone.
    This is going to get real messy.