Way too quiet here, let's crank up some controversial Discussions.

Many People say that TMA and their Training is useless, inefficient and non-realistic.

Stories are many where one Guy learned a system decided to change the Training to make it more effective/realistic.

Now here is my view:
TMA train in a certain way for reasons
that are not always known to young and inexperienced Students.

While I agree that some improvements can be made.
At the same time I doubt that those training methods would have survived or that all the masters/good fighers of a style trained differently from their students.
Unless the MC Dojo was invented a few centuries ago and was the norm in TMA.
Or could it be that those People that changed training method/styles aspects maybe failed to see the point of what was taught.

There are many great and known Masters that only trained in traditional methods, but still became great Fighters.
I am aware that not everything I do & did in my training is geared towards actual fighting, but a lot of the training is done to further certain aspects of the Body, Mind & Skills.
If I have doubts about my training I ask my Sfu, who usually gives me an eye-opening answer about training aspects.

So, pls, tell me honestly why traditional methods are sooo bad.

I wanna hear arguments that go way beyond "Drills are unrealistic".
Take the methods apart and analyze them and than tell me what is wrong.

Also tell me what the goals are for the traditional methods. like Push Hands, Sparring Hands, Drills, Meditation, Qi-Gong, etc.