Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak Mei Vs Wing Chun

Rolling_Hand Guest

Yum Cha

--beat a women
    She threw a chair at the WC man, so, she asked for it.
    Zhong Luo badmouthing about WC, but he couldn't back up with his Bak Mei fists!!!!

Fearful when the sky was full of thunder...

NorthernMantis Guest
    Umm R_H can you please specify who beat the woman?Was it the wc guy or by a mob of people?I'm still confused and how idd the dad get beat up?

WHy would someone hit a woman?I don't agree with that.

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

Rolling_Hand Guest
    --the woman
    She's been a WC and Bak Mei practioner for ten years. She attacked the WC man with a chair, the man turned around and striked to her temple...

Yum Cha Guest

Getting the facts straight...

So, he beat the woman into coma for throwing a chair at him while he was on top of a prone, unconcious man, beating him into a coma...

Now, tell us about the gang he had with him when he attacked Luo, the old man and the woman...

You sound like you must be very proud...

This doesn't sound much like the Wing Chun players I know in Sydney. They are very cultured ladies and gentlemen, from my experience.

[This message was edited by Yum Cha on 10-31-01 at 09:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by Yum Cha on 10-31-01 at 09:30 PM.]

Rolling_Hand Guest
    So you would just stand there and let her crack your head open!

Are you an iron head kung fu practioner?

sui-fuw Guest
    rolling pin you say the woman practises w/c and p/m,so really she could of beaten the w/c guy,because w/c is better. :D :D :D :D :D and also w/c is better than w/c and p/m is cr@p?

Rolling_Hand Guest
    Do I amuse you ?! or wing chun ?!

tnwingtsun Guest

Rolling_Hand

The Rolls of VT/WC,until you've fought a Bai Mei

person(Hakka or Canton) you'll never know,keep

reading stories if that makes you feel like a

bad arse,I never claim that WT is better than

your VT(IMHO it is for me) but at least I can say

that I studied both.

sui-fuw-well said ;)

sui-fuw Guest
    i amuse myself,but thank you for trying? :D :D :D :D :D

kull Guest
    Hi everyone, haven't visited site in a while.

About WC chain punch-
    a student of bak mei can use ,lep bo seung chui, which is perfect techq. for attack like WC chain punch. Or can use, fu bo seung bui, which is 9 step tech. and it is much more vicious than WC chain punch.

I don't understand, these methods should have been learned by 1st yr. bak mei student. They are designed to counter an "overwhelming" type of attack like WC chain punch and then turn the table and counterattack quickly. If bak mei practitioner got beaten by such a simple tech. as WC chain punch then it shows he did not learn any bak mei basic combat methods. Or maybe he just not that good, or WC practitoner is better.

I understand it is not style, that is good but person who uses the style that is good. But at least the method i mention above should have at least given bak mei practitioner a counter method.

GeneChing Guest

Zhong Luo

I heard about versions of this fight from both Sifu Zhong Luo's camp and Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Sifu Garrett Gee. Of course, just like the infamous Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jack Man fight, who knows what really happened. Even the people who were there disagree.
    One worthy point that has been overlooked in this thread so far is Zhong Luo's brother. He is in law enforcement and handled the case personally. Whatever the story might have been, it'll will always be rumor, because win or lose, martial arts duels are still frowned on in the eyes of the law. Schools can be shut down for it. Certainly, Luo's brother would protect his family's business.

BTW, we ran a cover story on Zhong Luo back in Dec 2001 - check it out:
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/HomePa...tory200012.htm

"Mr. Chatterbox how long will you live?
    Always to receive but never to give
    Always carry news all over the place
    Mr. Chatterbox you are a big disgrace

You cheek and you tounge
    A go let you down
    And a when them let you down
    We a go batter you around
    Bif, baf, boof, those are the blows you're gonna get
    Mr. Talkative, I know you will regret"
    ~ Marley on gossip

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

kull Guest
    I just read Zhong Luo website. It is interesting that he describes bak mei as "EXTERNAL"??? and dragon as more "INTERNAL"???

I know these terms are very subjective, and you probably won't find any kungfu practitioner who would say they don't have "internal" training regardless of style.

But let me ask bak mei ppl. what does that say about his training and understanding of bak mei when he describes it as such?

NorthernMantis Guest
    Thanks R_H

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

tnwingtsun Guest

Kull

"But let me ask bak mei ppl. what does that say about his training and understanding of bak mei when he describes it as such?"

VERY LITTLE

;)

Ginger Fist Guest

susie-foo amuses self

of course u amuse urself susie-foo. with ur head up ur a)ss the echo of ur own words is all that u can hear :) hey hey susie-foo, word is u get laid alot, 1 nite it's ur right hand, the next nite ur left hand :) keep posting p)ussy hakka boy, ur dragon face dead mommy is proud of her little pile of after birth ;)