Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breaking up is hard to do (on topic)

Unhappy breaking up is hard to do (on topic)

well gang, this is it.
    i just told my teacher that i'm not studying MA anymore (felt like breaking up with a g/f).
    thought i'd let you know as it means i probably won't be hanging 'round here much anymore.
    no hard feelings. y'all are great. i haven't really got anything against MA, not fed up with the scene, not bored...just stopping.
    it's time for me to move on. i'll still watch the latest movies and whatnot, but that about covers it.

if for any reason you want to contact me, PM me and i'll give you my current email address.

i'll be back a few times in the next little while to tie up loose ends.

gene: thanks for inviting me to the forum, it's been fun.

red_fists: would still like that link to the five rings if its not too much trouble

bamboo_leaf: best of luck in your situation. hope it turns out.

take care all. don't let things get to you too much.

Robb
    Wang Si Zhong

What, stop martial arts?? are you MAD??????

Look, what ever it is, we can work it out, we can talk, it's going to be alright.

Trust me, you don't want to stop MA!!! Think of all the wieght you'll gain!!!! What about the Chick's man what about the Chicks!!!!

Helloooooo.................HELLOOOOOOOO!!!??? Anybody there???

Seriously though, WHY???????
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Hey.

Here is the Link:

Bo5R

Also wanna wish you all the best on your future plans.

Sorry, to hear that you quit MA.

Seeya.

wangsizhong-

I am thinking of the same thing you are! Just, for many different reasons! I am not going to go into them, but I am personally ready to just quit too!! And guys, just don't ask!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

wangsizhong
    Im really sorry to hear about your losing faith in your reasons for study and i hope that maybe one day you might regain a similar path. MA brings different things to all of us and its always possible that at this time of your life you dont feel the need for this road. Still you know yourself the benifits and i cant help but hope that maybe one day you decide to take up training again. Losing a fellow MA brother or sister is always sad to hear about and makes me even more aware how fragile and volitile the communitiy is.
    I wish you all the best of luck in your future and i hope your life brings you every happyness you deserve.
    All the best
    Jon

Wushu Chik
    Not you too!
    I dont like saying things like this becouse they SHOULD be irrelivent but there you go. You havent given us any reasons for your possible departure so the best i can do is to point out an obvious reason for you to stay.
    There is simply not enough strong willed female imput in the martial arts community and it needs all it can get.
    I would say that you proberly provide a bit of a ray of light for ANY of the females lurkers around these boards and female martial artists who have met you. You are proud and forthright about who you are and what you do and this leads to people taking notice. You may not realise it but im sure many of your posts and the plain fact you are here encourage other females to keep at training dispite any unfair treatments or hardships they may endure.

I would say to both of you though, MA is a part of you (at least with me) its not something you can simply shut down or turn off. You can choose to retain your level and even cease to practice but you will NEVER somehow remove your skills. This leads me to a very basic point. Why bother sitting half way up the montain? Why not keep on climbing no matter how steep and then at least know that your journey was not prematurely ended by your own design.
    You dont have to be in the MA 'circle' infact i would venture to say most of the higer level practioners have little to do with the larger MA community. Seriously though why would you want to cease something that has helped mold you into who you are today?
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Jon.

I don't think that either will stop 100%.

But I think they looked at their lives and decided to shift priorities to suit their goals.
    We all got to do this from time to time.

Either way I wish them both all the best and I am sure that they both made decisions that were neither easy nor lightheartedly taken.

Hope to hear from both of you how you are doing.

Seeya.
    Last edited by red_fists; 04-24-2002 at 11:02 PM.

FLOAT AWAY!
    FLOAT AWAY YOU FAIRY!

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Thanks for all the advice about training in China.

Sorry to see you go.

If you want to stop you want to stop.

I bet you don't stop completely though.

There must be something in the air...

For the last several weeks I've also been considering quitting MA, but I realized that would be impossible. I've been in it too long for it to no longer have any impact on my life even if I did quit. You can leave MA, but MA can never leave you.

I've considered this mainly because I haven't trained in weeks because of a broken foot and I feel that I'm out of the loop, so to speak. I am no longer physically or mentally up to the challenge it takes to continue training. (Besides of which, I'm d*mn tired of hurting while I train.)

Still, I expect I'll persevere and slog on through with my exercises and techniques. This is the biggest slump I've ever been in since I started MA. But like I say I think it mostly has to do with the fact I've been laid up with this broken foot (heel, actually) than a lack of interest in MA itself...
    K. Mark Hoover

Stop drinking the tap water!!!! Its in the tap water!!!!!!

Seriously though, whats up with you guys and gettin out? Just topped out? Tapped out? Have too much else to do? I hate to see good people go, if you guys need any help just some support or whatever let us know!

Lightbulb

y'all be be back don't kid yourself
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Wang: Sorry to see you go. I really enjoyed chatting with you the few times we did. Follow your heart and everything will be fine, good luck

Wen: good luck in everything you do. i admire your posts and your character. Must be hella busy for u now... hope to see u around online

take care guys,

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Regardless of the reasons, I hope both of you do well, and that what you do with yourselves is fulfilling. To some, martial arts is core, to others, it is other activities, I'm sure you will bring kung fu(hard work) to whatever you do.

Budo, I know how you feel. I'm doing a lot of heavy sparring, and my practice is divided in between hurting and healing. Some weeks, I feel like hamburger.

I think these sorts of choices are common and to be respected. Much as I would like to study all martial arts, I also want to continue writing, and write more in the future. In order to do this, I came to the decision that six elbows was to be my art, that I would study it and squeeze from it every thing it has to give. I'd love to study pa kua as well, but I do not think I will. If I am to write, I cannot do both. One simple system for hand to hand, a few weapons(staff, knife, spear) will be my kung fu, and no more. I can study those things for the rest of my life without ever moving into another system or style.

Anyway, good luck to you. What are your other interests? Perhaps some of us have similar interests, then we might meet again on other forums. You're not leaving the forumverse forever, are you?

There is no escape from the forumverse!

i think it IS the water

i agree, i've been thinking about quitting as well.
    im just sick of the majority of ppl i have to be around. , but i have obligations and stuff that i feel bad if i cut out...but i want to for the most part.

Smile

Must be the water!
    In the last year I changed jobs, quit teaching culinary arts, quit teaching wine tasting, stopped taking new guitar students, resigned as a volunteer EMT after 27 years and am seriously considering not taking any more gong fu students. Maybe it's the planets lining up.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish