Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna get jumped tomarrow

Tell people that you're worried about being attacked, bring a portable noncombatant witness around with you whenever possible (preferably a cute and harmless looking one who can wrap people around their middle finger). I personally disagree with the doctrine of 'telling the school' unless you have a good relationship with them, because I for one have neither seen nor heard of anything remotely resembling rational behavior from any school regarding aggression or violence. Tell your parents, though.

If he talks ****, just tell him you don't want any trouble and try to walk away.Try to also point out that it would be cowardly for him to attack you with a bunch of friends. What's that supposed to prove?

If he -actually takes a swing at you-, reel back from the punch, ham it up so that anyone and everyone in the audience can clearly see that you were just attacked without provocation and took a hit, then proceed to f!!k him up HARD in the most humiliating way possible. Don't forget to not deviate from your training - MA's get f*ed up when they start changing their game plan. Beginning capoeira regional players have been known to trounce muscled street fighters when they stick to their form; expert fighters have been flattenned when the striker goes for a clinch or grapple, the grappler tries to box, or whatever.

Leave precisely zero doubt in the mind of anyone watching that you are completely capable of repeating the feat on anyone in the audience on a moment's notice if forced to.

Then just leave. As I have mentioned, schools rarely have any sort of sane responces to any form of fighting in their walls. (if I sound pessimistic, it's for a reason.) If they track you down (or bother to), then that's what your portable witness was for, have them smile and pour on the stuff about how you did everything you could to get away and how you were cornered and attacked with no provocation. Mind, if you're friends with the people in the office, then a lot of the stuff about avoiding dealing with them might be misguided. I leave it to your discretion. I had a counselor help me quite a bit when I was attacked and beat horribly once. In my experience, though, this is more the exception than the rule. The danger is that they will make the common (if bizzarre) assumption that because you do a bit of MA, you should be able to defeat him by lightly touching him on the wrist and anything more constitutes lethal force.

Schools at the HS level or below generally seem, in my experience, to utterly ignore anything below the level of a raging gun battle as 'kids will be kids', but occasionally, based on administrator PMS or how bad a day some secretary has had or some other totally non-predictable reason, will go absolutely totalitarian on your @$$ and start throwing around suspensions at anyone who was -in line of sight- at the time, with no perceptible policies.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

Good advice from everyone.

Take someone around with you all day that WONT get involved.

Make witnesses completey sure that you were attacked with what you say "get away from me, I don't want to fight" etc.

Kick his arse and share it out.

I think you should beat him so bad that he will never even think of calling you a white boy or whatever ever again. Then proceed to tell him that if he tells ANYONE, you'll beat him again and again and again. Then take his lunch money.

Maybe.

Maybe not though *heh*.

Tell us how it went

(ps how old are you? " tomorrow " really isn't that hard to spell)
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

D@mnit Sharky, lay off the spelling.

Ya facist spelling Nazi.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

I'd agree with Justice Zero on the handling of this issue.

If we were talking about adults in the grown up world, the best solution is to walk away; you don't want or need the melodrama. But high school is not the grown up world.

When I was in junior high, I was short and thin and got good grades and had glasses. In short, I got beat up a lot.

Walking away, running away, avoiding bullies, and telling teachers /never worked/. All any of these things do is mark you as a victim; the bullies have no incentive not to use you as their personal punching bag, so they do so at will.

After a while, I started carrying a half-brick in the bottom of my backpack. I got suspended a few times, but eventually people started leaving me alone. Bullies still didn't like me, but I was no longer an easy target; they knew that if they fought with me they'd probably win but they'd wind up bleeding, and there were lots of other targets that were much easier.

Talk to your parents about this situation, and get their advice; even if you don't follow theirs, they'll be aware of what's happening, so if you do get into administrative trouble over it, you can tell them "I was just trying to get away!" or "I was just trying to defend myself!" and it'll be less of a shock to them.

Don't start the fight. Just act like you normally do, but keep a witness around; don't let him get you alone. Let him have the first swing (note: NOT the first hit) to make it obvious that HE'S starting the fight. Then hit him as fast and as hard and in as many places as you can.

And I'd like to emphasize; this is specialized advice for the very singular world that is high school. In /most/ situations, the best way to deal with a fight is to walk away.

nah, you know me, i am no spelling freak, and am known to make a lot of mistakes when typing quickly. but it kinda seemed that it wasn't a "typ-o", it was more of a "idontknowhowtospelltomorrow-o"
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

If they come at you, go after the biggest guy and...

IPPON SEIO NAGE
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

see you guys told him to fight and now he's dead i bet. hope your happy with yourselves.
    where's my beer?

Avoid the fight if you can, but if you must fight, kick his ass from here to Talahassee for all of us, and for all victims of harassment. If you have the skill, hit up his body real good, saves more face for him, hopefully you can make him vomit with a gut shot. Otherwise do whatever you have to to defend yourself, ball kicking yes, with the exception of an Eye-gouge, that's asking for too much trouble.
    Again: avoid the fight if you can. This punk is going nowhere in life anyway, bad Karma will do him in like so many others.

-FJ

The Perfect Witness

For future reference, there ARE better people to wander around with than others..

Try to cultivate the friendship of someone who is as close as possible to this description:
    A mildly cute girl with glasses and a 4.0 GPA who isn't in any significant cliques, does some form of academic, governmental, or cerebral extra-curricular, and (this is important) grew up with at least two older siblings. Preferably a youngest child.

If you can befriend someone with the above description, you have a friend who can convince a principal or counselor that the sky is orange if need be. Every single aspect of the above description makes them more credible with people in the office, except for the older siblings, which makes them practiced and able to convince anyone of anything at any time while looking totally innocent, (the 'female' part helps a little in that too..) and the 'no cliques' part makes them less likely to stab you in the back. !Avoid -beautiful- girls for this, as that makes them almost assured of stabbing you in the back! Plain is better, but not so plain as to make your association look odd, unless you -really do- need the help with homework that you can claim to be getting.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

The best witness is a good friend with a camcorder!
    Get evidence, file a restraining order, and sue his a$$ (or his parents)!
    DO NOT CONFRONT OR UNDERESTIMATE HIM! Where Im from thats the fastest way to get smoked.
    Watch your back 24/7 and hang out with big groups of friends.
    Good luck and be careful!!!
    1. Know the positions
    2. Hold positions
    3. Escape the positions
    4. Move from position to position
    5. Learn the attacks
    6. Counter the attacks
    7. Time on the mat
    a. drilling
    b. sparring
    8. Repeat (thanks R.D.)

Re: The Perfect Witness

Originally posted by JusticeZero
    Try to cultivate the friendship of someone who is as close as possible to this description:
    A mildly cute girl with glasses and a 4.0 GPA who isn't in any significant cliques, does some form of academic, governmental, or cerebral extra-curricular, and (this is important) grew up with at least two older siblings. Preferably a youngest child.
    Y'know, this is pretty good advice for /any/ situation.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Not stupid. Not crazy. Sensible. Smart
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

h,ell.. even I can't spell Tomrollow
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I NEVER said to bring weapons to school! I just said I did when I was younger... and it was stupid.

I like JusticeZero's post. But I kind of disagree with letting him hit you first (throw the first punch) The first punch can knock you out. You never know.
    I'd say to calmly keep your hands up near your head as you talk. You can scratch your chin, rub your hands, scratch your forearm, etc. Just make sure it's a calm non-threatening movement that allows you to keep your guard up. Then if he does throw the first strike you'll have a better chance of blocking it and either hitting back, clinching and taking him down, whatever. But if he's got friends, don't just dive into the ground. This is real life here so... (damm we're solving all the TMA vs. MMA aren't we? LOL )
    In real life keep your awareness up, keep your hands up, and only strike first if you KNOW you can't get out of the situation without a fight. When you hit first, make sure you continue until he goes down.
    I absolutely stand by what Merry said though. YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE CONSEQUENCES HERE. You will get in trouble. If you're willing to risk expulsion, suspension, record scars, etc. fight. If you're not....forget about it, and do whatever it takes NOT to fight.
    Well today already passed, so we'll have to see what happens.
    I hope things go okay.

Now to get to the most important aspect of this thread

"So, she proceeded to back me into a corner, and i was like, uh, OK. Started talking smack to me, and when i knew there was NO OTHER choice BUT to fight her, i layed her out flat on her ass. "

That does it. I am officially in love with Wushu Chick.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....