Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use of Creatine?

Yeah creatine serum has a shelf life of like under an hour. I can't remember which company was the last to make a claim that they had created a new serum that is stable. But I do remember other companies buying it and taking it to the lab and the tests showed less than 2% of the serum was actually creatine. And yes it's creatnine which it converts to which is just a by-product of creatine that just gets urinated out.

Creatine is nice and cheap...just buy the frickin powder. All these sup companies have all these retarded products because they are trying to make it a more lucrative supp. That's why you see things like serum, or cell tech which is just creatine and sugar, and all the other super duper uptake formulas. Go buy some monohydrate powder and save your money.

Slow and low, that is the tempo.

Exclamation

My pops used to do sets of thirty, because he was too cheap to buy more weight, plus he worked out at home in the basement with just a wooden bench with racks that he built. He had 160 pounds, all of which he lifted 3 sets of 30 in Bench press, Squat, Deadlift, Trap raises, and a set of 100 calf raises. In adition to the other exercises with less weight. Anyway, he was a real strong guy in his prime. Although doing all of those reps didn't stop him from getting injured all the time lifting. But he did well in Taekwon Do for a few years, which he did in his 40's.

But of course low reps will give you your gains faster. What you're doing isn't a bad idea, but I doubt it will directly translate to endurance for wing chun. I would suggest punching with 3 to 5 pound dumbells to target that.

With respect to the punching with dumbells, it is important to understand, that you are not training your punch. You are training your shoulders for the endurance and relaxedness they need for Wing Chun. This is because during your training you will have to hold your hands out and high, even when you are exhausted from punching already. You will be executing blocks that at first, require a lot of flexibility from your shoulders and that also tire your shoulders.

Do NOT snap the elbow. You are fighting gravity, so the exercise is for your shoulders, upper back and your biceps and wrists, not for your chest and triceps, nor for your speed or anything else. Stand in a square stance, but stay loose. Throw flat-fisted punches from your shoulder. Variagate with vertical fist chain punches. Throw some low shovel hooks from your hips. Try leaning back and pretending you are hitting a speed bag with the bottom of your fists. You may want to time yourself. You can work it into your cardio workout.

I also highly recommend jumping rope in preparation for Wing Chun. 3 x 3 minute rounds with 1 min rest in between, as a minimum. You may have to build up to it if you haven't done it before.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 04-28-2003 at 12:08 PM.

Old thread resurrected.

What's the correct dosage for creatine? Here I hear 5-10g, but the finnish olympic commitee says after the loading period 2g/day is enough. On the label of the can it says 2grams too. I know loading won't do any good and I won't do it, but is 2g/day insufficient?

I take five grams a day.
    Bodhi Richards

Originally posted by premier
    Old thread resurrected.

What's the correct dosage for creatine? Here I hear 5-10g, but the finnish olympic commitee says after the loading period 2g/day is enough. On the label of the can it says 2grams too. I know loading won't do any good and I won't do it, but is 2g/day insufficient?
    I've never heard of taking 2g per day. Most people say 5. Two may work, though. I'm not sure.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I thought the loading bit had been debunked...something about it just doesn't stay in your system long enough for loading to do any good.

I loaded for whatever the jar said to do then dropped back to the 5g a day.

I got so stopped up I didn't **** for 3 days and had abdominal cramps.

This was also the same time I was trying to do a near 1 to 1 protein intake as well so the problems could have been from the high level of protein or a combination. didn't try and scientifically isolate it though.

I did have better workouts during that 10 days or so after the loading phase before I stopped taking it.

From what I read after doing more research, I think I would stick with the syrum and just take it prior to the workout w/ lots of water.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by premier
    What's the correct dosage for creatine?
    Pretty sure it's bodyweight dependent and for me about 3g/day. Search through t-mag. I'm sure that's where I read dosage levels.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo